Baby stuff!

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
When will you start buying baby items? What items do you already have?

I am really eyeing a cute diaper bag that I am tempted to buy....I have a JuJuBee BFF that DH brought me for Mothers day, while I was pregnant with Ava that I still use, but I really want a new one.

Coop Carry-All Baby Set - 2 Red Hens

I still have a few things left over from Ava that I may or may not get to use again, most of it is gender specific.

I have 2 super cute snowsuits that I could not part with, a few sweaters

A Pink Mamas & Papas baby snug chair

A mesh baby tub thingy that sits in the sink.

A Petunia Picklebottom print Organic Ergo carrier

A highchair

We still have Ava's crib, I am thinking of getting the girls bunk beds when we move...

I think that is about it. Seems like we have a lot to get, instead of going out and buying all new stuff I am going to go the consignment route on most things, they grow out of it so fast! And all of Ava's new things that I brought she barely used as a newborn and I sold them off of less than what I paid of course. The diaper bag and the infant carrier are going to be my splurge items!
October 13th, 2013, 11:18 AM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
I have nothing BUT my MIL has been buying baby stuff since my hubby and I got married. She bought some when mervyns shut down and then hits up thrift stores every couple of weeks. My mom has a consignment store near her specific to kids and babies so she's going to keep an eye out for strollers.

I plan to buy car seats new and then look for good deals on everything else.
Demetria likes this.

Excitedly Expecting #1 w/ PCOS around June 16, 2014
Adopted mom to DS (16)
October 13th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Oh, yea, strollers....We have a B.O.B that is going to be going on its 3rd kid usage...the newer models are very nice. But I know we won't be getting a new one.
October 13th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Veteran
I really wanted to take advantage of the Columbus Day sales, but big brother still has me on furlough so I'm being conservative. *sigh*

That said I pretty much have nothing (well I did see some packages of onesies on clearance in my local Kmart, so I did get 4 packs of those and I still have my glider/ottoman). I'll start buying diapers, wipes & big ticket items between 8-12 weeks, as I want to be stocked & organized with everything I need before baby gets here.

If I know my family, they'll want to throw a baby shower...especially if this is a girl!

I'd prefer new, but I'm not opposed to hand me downs or re-sales. I'm a huge sale shopper so I don't see a problem with finding new items via sales.
October 13th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We need to buy everything again but we are going to be smarter about it. I have always had some stuff left over from a previous child (except now). We got rid of everything so I am going to take the opportunity to buy extremely well made things but pick and choose what we really want. We co sleep so we know this time we aren't buying a crib because our kids NEVER sleep in them. We sold our Phil and teds which my DH wants to get another one and I am still debating on going with another brand all together. I am still researching car seats but I am pretty sure it's going to be one of 3. Also I want a baby wrap carrier not a baby Bjorn like before. I have a few things that I am looking at. Just need to keep researching and then buying slowly. We will probably start around the beginning of the 2nd trimester.

October 13th, 2013, 12:37 PM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
We don't need much. We kept mostly everything from DD and we purposely bought the big stuff in gender neutral colors/patterns. I sold off the bouncy chair and swing. I'll just get those at the second hand store again. I have a bunch of boy hand me downs from a friend.

Two things I **want** are a glider chair (never had one with DD but WANT) and a woven wrap ... or two ... or three. A friend of mine is going to let me play with some of her wraps so I can decide what kind I want.

ETA: I bought this bean's car seat a few months ago when Radians were on sale

Last edited by TiggersMommy; October 13th, 2013 at 12:42 PM.
October 13th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have to buy everything again but I love buying baby stuff.
Demetria likes this.
October 13th, 2013, 02:10 PM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
I bought my first thing today, a onesie! Yay

And since this is our first, we will need everythinggggg.
mrsdaiwa24 and epsilonbeta like this.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
October 13th, 2013, 02:38 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
All of the baby gear is gender neutral, so we won't have to worry about the pack and play, car seat, high chair, play gym, and bouncy seat. I do want to get a new rock and play as it got heavy, heavy use with Betsy and I predict it will get heavy use again.

As far as the clothes, I'll have to wait until I get the gender scan to see what I'm having. If it's a girl, goodness gracious, that little princess won't ever need clothes (I *may* have splurged and bought Betsy waaaaaaay too many items of clothing throughout her first few years of life). If it's a boy, I'll have to buy everything as almost everything we have in terms of clothing is for little girls.
October 13th, 2013, 02:51 PM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
I realized when I was in the store today looking through the baby department (and buying onesie) that the section is completely overwhelming with 65,000 products.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
October 13th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are waiting to buy any baby stuff right now! Probably start buying in Second or Third trimester. Having three pregnancy losses in the past. I am scared to scared buying now and ended up losing the baby

<3 I have suffered 4 early M/C's since 2012. I am missing my 4 angels so much. My love for them all will never fade. <3

First M/C loss- 7/8 weeks
Second M/C loss- 4-5 weeks(Chemical)
Third M/C loss- 9 weeks and 4 days
Fourth M/C loss- 10 weeks

~No one else will never know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart feels like on the inside~

<3 Praying and Hoping that my partner and I will be blessed with our miracle soon. <3
October 13th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You would think I have a ton of baby clothes, but our garage flooded and we cleaned it out, but we werent able to get all the clothes out to dry so some of them molded, so - even our pack in play got yucky. So all I really have, is a box of clothes I couldnt part with and kept in our closet, a crib with changer, and a dresser, beautful cherry wood. A cute baby lamp, and I have a breast pump somewhere that I have to find. I tossed out all the baby bottles after the last preg scare when I switched between pill and shot (also how I got preg with luke LOL) So we need a few things, swing for certain, basinet/packinplay, bottles- just a few and possibly all the new "plastic" for the bbpump. New bby clothes - which I am hoping I get to buy a few things I hardly got to buy anything for Ry n Luke, oh and a carseat. An SUV would help too, we are just gonna buy one used. Definitly cant stuff the kids and dogs into the car we have now LOL

October 13th, 2013, 04:38 PM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
We won't buy anything for quite awhile yet, although there's not much we need. I have an Ergo carrier (highly, highly recommend that or the Beco or similar!) and a sling, a good nursing bra, and a safe carseat. Plus I have clothes from my two youngest so that covers boy and girl. We don't need much more than that!

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
October 13th, 2013, 05:32 PM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll probably start clothes shopping after I know the gender. I saved what I really liked from my son's clothes and a lot of the basics (sleepers, onesies, etc.) I'd argue would work even for a girl. Since my son was a fall baby and this one will be very late spring, I'm aware that a lot of the sizes might not match up with the right season. I LOVE thrift stores so I won't complain about having the excuse to thrift.

Last summer I sold some of the big items that did not work for us such as the stroller and the swing/highchair combo. I figured with a second child I'd either want a stroller that could handle two kids or one of those snap strollers that work with a infant car seat since we hardly used the giant bulky jogging stroller with my son anyways. We also need a new car seat. My son HATED the swing, HATED being in a high chair, and I HATED how bulky the contraption was so I sold it to make room. I'm not sure if I'll bother seeking a swing but I figure if I see a really good used deal I might give it a shot again.

October 13th, 2013, 06:50 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Its really hard for me not to buy anything, but I wont let myself yet.
We have everything except a co-sleeper and boppy (they were stolen, long story), the infant and convertible car seat, and depending on gender, clothes.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

October 13th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
Not buying a THING for this baby unless it's a boy! If it's a girl, she's all set.

Now my 14 year old son has to give up his bedroom for the baby. He gets the finished basement as his bedroom, with a kitchen/fridge/freezer/microwave/bathroom/63 inch TV...but we don't have a safe escape route for him. So we're buying a walk out (they're like 5000 dollars ugh) and a brand new adult bedroom set for him to keep when he moves out...so THAT CHILD gets all the new stuff =)

I keep wanting to buy Storm things...but I just can't if he isn't a boy and I don't know yet!!!
moxiemommie likes this.
October 14th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
We thought we were done, so I got rid of everything. This weekend was a garage sale mania. So I went shopping already. I scored in a big way!! For $91 I got:
Travel pack-n-play
co-sleeper
Floor play mat
bouncy seat
baby rocking chair
6 maternity jeans
2 maternity capris
1 maternity skirt
9 maternity shirts.

Yay!! Now, I just need a swing, and a few maternity dresses. Oh, and a boppy pillow.
Demetria, 3maybe and moxiemommie like this.

My Ovulation Chart

October 14th, 2013, 10:29 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
We have some of the items we need. We have 2 cribs, but DS still sleeps in one converted to a toddler bed. I'd like to move him to a bigger bed soon, though, but it may or may not be before baby is here.

We need a new carset
Something for the baby to sleep in early on (basinet, cradle, pack n play?)
A new carrier (I lent out my Ergo and never saw it again )
New diapers
Maybe a new swing/bouncy (DS's old swing is at my parents, but I may just leave it there)
Gender neutral gowns/sleepers/outfits

Most things we will wait until after baby is here, since we aren't finding out the gender.

I'd LOVE a new diaper bag, but I don't NEED it. Maybe I can convince DH to get me one as a push present?

And I want a new stroller, but I know I won't get one since we have 4 DH would KILL me!

With DS, I felt like I had to have everything I would need for his first year of life ready to go before he was born. Now, I'm much more laid back. I figure if I need something, we can get it, and if not, we probably won't miss it

October 14th, 2013, 11:56 AM
momRT's Avatar Veteran
I'm having a hard time not buying stuff. I'll probably buy our first pack of diapers when I go to costco this week, but I don't think I'll buy anything else for a while. My brother has been living with us for a year now so either he needs to move out or we need to look for a bigger house before the baby is born. We have no room for baby stuff right now lol. I was done having kids so I got rid of everything from Danielle, I almost got my tubes tied. I thank god every day I didn't go through with it now.
moxiemommie likes this.
Jackson 01/27/2014
Born at 19 weeks and 2 days

October 14th, 2013, 12:55 PM
.t.e.r.r.a.'s Avatar Proud to be a WAHM
Demi!? What are you doing here! Did I miss an announcement from you on our group page?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search