New here!! Worried... Opinions please?

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mrsdaiwa24

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2013, 03:41 PM
I am 5w1d today, on Friday i had right sided pain so went to the ER. They found a large cyst in my right ovary and a suspected intrauterine sac measuring 5 weeks with no fetal pole or yolk sac at this time with a blood HCG level of 1100. My only pregnancy symptom is sore breasts. i have miscarried in the past and worked for 2 years to conceive this time. Is there a chance this is a viable pregnancy? Is the hcg level too low?? No bleeding but worried! Any opinions, advice, or past experiences would be appreciated thanks in advance!
October 13th, 2013, 03:52 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
(((Hugs)))) I'm not sure about the number, but this is what I found about the fetal pole. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!!!!

Fetal Pole
A mass of fetal cells, separate from the yolk sac, first becomes apparent on transvaginal ultrasound just after the 6th week of gestation. This mass of cells is known as the fetal pole. It is the fetus in its somite stage. Usually you can identify rhythmic fetal cardiac movement within the fetal pole, although it may need to grow several mm before this is apparent.

The fetal pole grows at a rate of about 1 mm a day, starting at the 6th week of gestational age. Thus, a simple way to "date" an early pregnancy is to add the length of the fetus (in mm) to 6 weeks. Using this method, a fetal pole measuring 5 mm would have a gestational age of 6 weeks and 5 days.
Demetria likes this.
October 13th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Welcome!! Hugs! I hope you get peace of mind soon! When is your first appointment? I had to go to the ER around 5 weeks due to spotting with my daughter Ava, they did an ultrasound and there was no fetal pole at that time. Fx for a H&H 9 months!
October 13th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Thank you! My first appointment is on October 23. I don't know how to wait that long! I'm holding onto hope and trying to relax. I am beginning to think that Google is my enemy in researching all of this. I hope to update with good news And keeping fingers crossed!
October 13th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Google, oh yes... you will find anything and everything and then everything can be a symptom... its great in some aspects but totally evil in others. So sorry about your cyst, but I agree about the fetal pole! Just try to relax, take your prenatals, and it should be for the best! Excited for your update on the 23! *fingerscrossed and lots of sticky dust*

October 13th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Veteran
it could just be too early to see the fetal pole and sac

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 13th, 2013, 09:52 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It could be too early. Just try to relax and hopefully the time goes fast tile your appt!

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

October 14th, 2013, 03:33 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the other ladies. Fingers crossed for you!

October 14th, 2013, 04:02 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
Thinking of you and baby, hope all is OK!

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search