Question about digi test w/weeks estimator

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Danielle80

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok ladies forgive me for the dumb question but I am a worry wart since the m/c. I started taking the cbe digi test w/weeks estimator on Wed and it said 2-3 which was normal. I have taken one everyday since and it still says 2-3. I am 5 weeks 4 days based on lmp but based opks I think I Od on 9/20 or 21 not 9/19. So now my Q. When did you get a 3+ on the digi? I can't get my betas drawn until Thursday.
What do you guys think?!?

Thanks

October 14th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would guess around 5 weeks, but 5 weeks based on ovulation. It would have to be over 3 weeks since you ovulated. However, I've heard those things are not completely accurate, so I would not stress or worry at all.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

October 14th, 2013, 10:27 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I thought -- and I could be wrong -- that it was based on gestational age. So if you're only 5 weeks, getting the "2-3 weeks" is accurate. Once you hit 6 weeks, I would assume it would switch to "3+ weeks". But then, I'm not sure if I really believe it can tell you exactly how far along you are. I mean, how can an OTC test tell you that?

Try not to worry. It'll switch soon!
October 14th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Thanks ladies. I am a wreck with worry. I bought another 3 pack and will take them for the next three days praying that my level changes to 3+ but I did take an FRER today and my line is darker than ever so I am relieved by that.

Here's a pic just incase anyone wants to see

jjustice12 likes this.

October 14th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That line should definitely put your mind at ease! Of this makes you feel better, I had a bad pack of the Clear Blue digitalis. They kept coming up "not pregnant" when every other test was positive including the EPT digital. You may have had a bad pack like I did.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

October 14th, 2013, 05:59 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
That FRER line is so nice and dark!!! The thing about the estimators is it measures the amount of hcg, but all pregnancies don't start with the same HCG amounts. So, you can have a completely healthy pregnancy with numbers starting lower, but they still increase at the rate they are supposed to. Does that make sense? I honestly wouldn't put too much stock in those. If it's going to cause you anxiety, I would call your dr and explain that to them and have them do your betas for a couple of days to make sure they're increasing as they should to ease your mind. *hugs* It's going to be ok!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

October 15th, 2013, 06:52 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
I got it at 6 w 2 d but that was the first time I had ever taken them.

I think they're right though that 2-3weeks is normal now. Just try to relax mama, your body is doing it's thang You'll have the 3+weeks in no time!

October 16th, 2013, 05:18 PM
HI Danielle! I took the test today and by my calculations I'm 2-3 weeks and it said 1-2. There's such a big range that I think it is normal. I read that you need to use fmu with the weeks indicator.
October 16th, 2013, 05:34 PM
I still getting 2-3 weeks and it has me worried sick. I have a beta draw tomorrow morning and an appt tomorrow afternoon but I am terrified that it is going to be low. I had 4 healthy pregnancies and one early m/c and now all I can think is something is wrong. I wish I had never taken this test.

October 16th, 2013, 06:04 PM
JackieV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well great now I feel like I have to go out and get these tests to determine just how far along I am! Gah! Hope you get some relief soon with numbers!

Last edited by JackieV; October 16th, 2013 at 06:09 PM.
October 16th, 2013, 06:53 PM
chrysalis1's Avatar + Positively Pregnant! +
Did you use FMU? When I was exactly 5 weeks I got a 2-3 weeks, but the next morning with FMU I got 3+ weeks. I do know after a certain point, I think 6 weeks, the tests become inaccurate because the hcg levels are too high so that could cause an unpredictable reading.. for example I took an frer the other day (6 weeks 4 days) and it had a dark test line, but when I diluted it with water the test line was MUCH darker and it looked like it did when I was 17 dpo. So after like a point it gets even more inaccurate because the levels are HIGH!
"Mild" pcos, blessed with BFP on cycle #4 ttc
Baby Braden 5/25/2014He's finally here!

]

Last edited by chrysalis1; October 16th, 2013 at 06:55 PM.
October 16th, 2013, 07:00 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I hope everything goes alright tomorrow!!!!!! Thinking of you!
October 17th, 2013, 05:34 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think there are too many variables to those test, I know it’s easier said than done, but try to relax

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search