My first appointment, and a question for you...

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mrsdaiwa24

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
Met with the midwife today. Did bloodwork, yadda yadda yadda...next time I go in is at 10 weeks and they will do the M21 screening (old lady test) and an ultrasound. Then at 11 weeks I have the NT scan and genetic counseling but they didn't set that up today. They will set that up next time and I'll have to take off of work.

My husband is furious. Last time (all the last times) we had babies they planned your WHOLE pregnancy in advance. They changed it now so you plan one appointment at a time. He wants me to leave the OB. Do your OB's plan your whole life the minute you announce your pregnancy or do you all just do it one visit at a time? THe other way was more convenient but I'm not bothered so much I want to find a new OB for my 5th pregnancy. I don't have the time or the energy.

DH says he can't get time off of work to come to all the appointments (but he usually finds ways to get off for certain sporting events...so that's a little unusual...)
October 15th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
I have never had my whole pregnancy scheduled in advance, but man wouldn't that be convenient! I don't think its as big of an issue to warrant leaving the practice though.

I have my 8 wk scan next week, then the u/s tech said she would set us up for the NT Scan at that time...the rest of the appointments are set once the current visit is complete.
October 15th, 2013, 10:55 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The office I go to plan it by one visit at a time. I'm going in for the first time next week (at 7 weeks) for the q&a with a nurse and probably pick up the orders for the lab work as well.

October 15th, 2013, 10:57 AM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
With my last pregnancy you scheduled one appointment at a time, but they were pretty good about keeping it on the same day unless I asked for it to be a different day. I didn't realize other offices scheduled entire pregnancies. I don't plan my life that far ahead. Haha

October 15th, 2013, 11:19 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine so far has been appointment by appointment.

October 15th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nope, my other two are '10 and '11 babies and they sheduled one apt at a time, with this clinic, they scheduled me for two apts this week, and once I go to this one today they schedule my ultrasound for friday, but yesterday I had a pysical and they scheduled my next dr apt for nov 11th. So, I would say its unusual that a clinic schedules the whole pregnancy...

October 15th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Veteran
I've not experienced any OB that pre-plans/schedules all your appts. If your former OB office did & that would make your lives easier, maybe go back to that practice?

As for him attending the appointments, does he/you need him to be at all the appointments?
October 15th, 2013, 11:52 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I think my office will be one apt at a time. It's how it was with Max, too. I don't think I reasonably could schedule any other way. I mean, stuff with the kids/work comes up all the time, so I'm much more likely to know my schedule one month in advance. Tell Keith it's totally normal and to just relax. I'm sure the office was just running into too many rescheduling issues with people setting appointments that far out. And if you want him at the appointments, make sure he knows that.

October 15th, 2013, 11:55 AM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
Mine was appt-by-appt, not the whole pregnancy

Mommy to Cameron, my amazing son born 10/11/2011
October 15th, 2013, 12:34 PM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
My birth center does one appt at a time. That's bizarre to me to even be able to schedule them all! We're grad students though and our schedules change each semester if not every month. There's not way I could schedule appts for next spring!

October 15th, 2013, 12:47 PM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't had my appointment yet (it's next week) but I just asked my BFF (who went to the same office) and she says they definitely don't plan the whole pregnancy. After each appointment, you go to desk and make your appointment for about 4 weeks later. You do that each time.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
October 15th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Veteran
we do one appt at a time here.

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 15th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
THis is the same place I've always gone to, they just changed it recently, I guess.

Keith WANTS to be at every appointment...so he wants it to be convenient for HIM to be there. I get it, he's the dad...but the OB cares about the baby and the baby carrier. Keith wants me to save everything and get ONE ultrasound for everything the week of Thanksgiving because he is off.

1. I'm not off, and not allowed to take time off that week, contractually.
2. I would miss the timing for the NT if I wait that long.
3. The m21 test can be done two weeks before, why would I want to wait?

Other than these first two appointment with ultrasounds, the rest will be super boring. Even then big u/s...we'll already know the gender before THanksgiving.
October 15th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thats understandable that he wants to be there. Brian wants to be there for every apt too, even if its just for me/ moral support. But he knows he cant because the kids wouldnt be able to sit and wait all that time. He is planning to go to the gender screening and a couple of the later apts.

October 15th, 2013, 06:05 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I have no idea what is going on with my office. I'm not seeing them at 8 weeks, because she told me she wanted to see my 4 weeks from my intake/confirmation appt when I was only 5 weeks by my count and 6 weeks by hers. I have no idea what they do there. No one ever tells me the same thing twice.
Justjessie likes this.
October 16th, 2013, 07:22 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Like I mentioned earlier, my clinic has two types of care, traditional and centering pregnancy care. If you choice the Centering care most of the appointments will be planned for most of the pregnancy in advance, but for the traditional it’s more like at the end of your current appointment you schedule your next.

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search