So I called my GP...but I need to take it a step further.

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mrsdaiwa24
  • 1 Post By moxiemommie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
From my earlier post about my OB being of no help and I think my numbers are too high...I called my GP.

His office staff are horrible. He has said to me "Call ME...ask to talk to ME...I will help you!" But these girls don't let you do that.

When I called and said I needed to see him and they asked for what and I said I needed advice on my pregnancy and I really trust HIM and not my OB, they tried to get me in...in DECEMBER.

Usually you call and if you are sick you can get in right away.

So tomorrow...I think I might be sick *cough cough*.

Then once I get him...I'll tell him what I need.

I feel like I'm a big fat liar...okay I am...but I feel like no one wants to help me and no one cares and this is my child we're talking about. I want to know everything is okay.

Should I just lie?
October 16th, 2013, 06:18 PM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
Pregnancy is a form of sickness right? Just tell them you have extreme nausea and want to talk ASAP

Excitedly Expecting #1 w/ PCOS around June 16, 2014
Adopted mom to DS (16)
October 16th, 2013, 06:27 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
If it will calm you, do what you need to do. If you're OB absolutely refuses demands for an early u/s....could you maybe call and complain of a pain to one side or some spotting to get an u/s? If you know your OB will be of no help, then I agree with the suggestion of saying you're sick and nauseous, that you're having trouble holding food down. to get an appt with your GP. Maybe try to word your symptoms in a way (to either dr) that's it's not lying. If you need to calm your nerves, then do what you need to do. As much as I hate lying personally, I can't see where stressing about this for another 3.5wks until your OB will give you an U/S would be a great option. Of course, there's also the option of going to the ER with pregnancy related concerns and you know they'll give you U/S there. Of course, the bill would be higher and the wait time could potentially be crazy long. *hugs* Please KUP!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

October 16th, 2013, 07:13 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
What about using the reason that you are experiencing incredible anxiety right now (which is true), you're not sleeping (which from what I've seen on FB, you're not), you're not eating (because of your nausea/morning sickness -- also true), and you are falling apart (which depending on how you choose to define that, could be true)? This way, you're not lying -- you're using all pregnancy related symptoms -- and maybe that will be enough to get you in.
RunningMommyTo5 likes this.
October 16th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Agree with Amy. If your OB isnt helping and after you speak to your gp, is it possible to get a different OB? I just wouldnt want to stick w an OB that isnt going to do **** for you. Like you said thats your child in there.
3maybe likes this.

October 16th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Veteran
Is it your insurance keeping your OB from doing an early sono? And are you thinking/worried about multiples?

Frankly, I'd get rid of all them & use this pregnancy to find a better situation altogether. I mean, what good is a good GP if you can never gain access to them and they don't control their staff (unless he's just the passive aggressive type who uses his staff to do exactly what they're doing...blocking access)? And if the OB is useless, they'll be even more useless & frustrating further into pregnancy.

Can you find a pregnancy crisis center & have a sono done there?
October 16th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Veteran
id be so upset and looking to switch if that was the case.. .i love my OB/GYN he is amazing and will get me in ASAP if im stressing over the littlest is thngs. so yet again im seeing him... Also with ur numbers being high, i had that with my second pregnancy and it just meant i had twins at the time... so thats all it could mean!

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 17th, 2013, 06:07 AM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
I would just get a second opinion from another OB.

October 17th, 2013, 07:13 AM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
If your OB isn't helping you, get a new OB! And don't feel guilty doing whatever you have to in order to see someone who is going to help you!!!!!

October 17th, 2013, 07:29 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I'm really thinking new OB time, but if you're comfortable with him and like him and want to use him, then I'd just try insisting on the early u/s or even just trying to get a sick appointment with your GP. If you know he won't feel like you are "wasting his time" by tricking the staff to let you in, then go for that. But if you think there is a chance it could hurt your relationship with the practice, maybe try the OB one more time, or even look for a new OB. Actually, the crisis pregnancy center isn't a bad idea either.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search