overwhelming fear

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2013, 04:32 AM
Is anyone else experiencing a fear of mc so intense that you feel like you can't get attached? I'm only 4 wks 4 days and I can't imagine this anxiety for the next two months! I'm 25, healthy, active and I've never had an mc but I can't help feeling like something is going to go wrong. I have a pregnancy confirmation appt with a nurse ext Thursday but they aren't drawing any blood. is that normal procedure? Sorry, I'm panicky by nature.
October 17th, 2013, 04:47 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
No blood work for me yet. They said at my first appointment. But it's not to check levels or anything, it's just the normal pregnancy blood panel.

Pregnancy is scary! I have fears sometimes, too.. I'm sure we all do. It's normal. Just try and think positive!

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
October 17th, 2013, 04:52 AM
LivyLove's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have the same fear especially since my positives are so light. I have a confirmation today so hopefuly my fears will subside a little.

You would think since this is my 3rd go around I wouldnt be as freaked but I am.
TTC #3 since Oct 2012
*Thinking of my angel babies 10/13 & 1/14*
October 17th, 2013, 04:57 AM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, this is my 5th pregnancy, and hopefully my second child. My first was still born, i miscarried at 8 weeks with the second and 6 weeks with the 3rd. I have a healthy and happy 1 year old though but i am freaking out about this pregnancy, especially as i dont have any symptoms other than a bad back. Im kind of walking round in a daze with this i-dont-care attitude, my poor finance doesnt get it as we have been trying to get pregnant for 5 months now, i should be happy but im scared.

...and baby number 2
October 17th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I went through something like that with my first, but I did get attached, then had a "no new development scare" (I wasnt as far along as they thought, they thought he was 7- he was 5- kind of like with this bby) With my second, yes, I went through that. It was profound and if anything god forbid did happen I knew nothing could be done about it ( you cant prevent a m/c) so I paid attention to my body for symptoms of ectopic pregnancy or anything abnormal and did not go in to the dr until 10 weeks. Thats pretty much when I was fairly sure he was "sticky" I have no history of miscarriage either, but Im cautious. As for the blood work, I would say thats pretty normal. With my first I had the postive urine preg test at the drs, and two Ultrasounds before they sent me in for bloodwork with him. With my second I had the urine preg test confirmation, the U/s and then got the bloodwork. This time, I got the urine preg confirmation, them they went over all my medical history, then bloodtest and physical, and I get my first u/s on tomorrow at 10, so Im super excited. I think that first u/s really helps reassure you. And its possible that all those nerves will lessen/fade once you get that first u/s.

October 17th, 2013, 06:17 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Iíve had a previous m/c, plus my age and hx of IVFs that didnít result in pregnancy because of my old eggs so, yes Iím very paranoid! As far as beta HCG, I donít think its standard with all pregnancy to do the blood drawl and with my m/c my HCG levels were normal and doubled normally, so I didnít even ask for the blood drawl with this pregnancy. My first ultrasound isnít until 12 weeks, so until my ultrasound Iím kind of trying to find a balance of enjoying the fact as of now I am pregnant and protecting myself that I may not have a viable pregnancy.

I know itís easier said than done, but try to relax, enjoy the moment

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
October 17th, 2013, 06:46 AM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
I've had two past m/c so I worry that this could end that way as well. But the reason I don't let it upset me, is that if I hadn't had those m/c, I wouldn't have my son. He is so amazing, I'd go through it all over again just to get him. It sucks and is a horrible experience, but you have to believe everything happens for a reason. I agree though, the first u/s is reassuring. You only have a 3% chance of m/c if the heart starts beating

Mommy to Cameron, my amazing son born 10/11/2011
October 17th, 2013, 07:09 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
First, sending lots of hugs and positive thoughts your way.

Second, I know it's hard, but try, try, try not to focus on the negatives and just enjoy it The odds are so much higher that baby is perfectly healthy and happy and growing away!

And it's totally normal to not do bloodwork at a pregnancy confirmation If it would set your mind at ease, though, you should be able to request it (it can be expensive, though, depending on what your insurance covers)

October 17th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a similar post a few weeks back. And, I'm not going to lie, I still worry every single day. I run to the bathroom checking my undies, I worry about every little twinge, but I have to trust God. Like you, I have no previous pregnancies and am healthy, so I'm not sure where this overwhelming fear comes from. I have to enjoy each day though and know that ultimately, I can only be healthy and don't have total control. Take a deep breath, everything will be fine.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

October 17th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Thank you all! I feel better knowing I'm not completely going insane, or worse, that this is se sort of sixth sense thing. Nicole, I do the same thing. I'm a teacher and between every class, I'm running to the restroom. though I would probably be doing that anyone since I have to go so often!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search