Change in Pregnancy Doctor

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By epsilonbeta
  • 1 Post By RunningMommyTo5

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2013, 04:45 PM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm happy to say I shouldn't have to deal with stupid prenatal nurse again! I have been emailing my doctor to get questions asked about the anemia I saw in prenatal testing because the OB won't talk to me about my testing until November 4. He told me there was no reason for me to HAVE to manage the pregnancy through the OB department and that the family medicine doctors can do it instead. That way the doctor that manages my pregnancy will also become my baby's doctor as well. He said he already regularly consults with the OBs. I LOVE this idea. This doctor is really responsive to all my requests and makes me feel comfortable. He said that the OBs are notorious for being hard to get appointments with so he and his team doctor would be far more available for me to come in with short notice if I want something checked.

I've only seen the doctor in person once but he's called twice to check up on me (before we found out I was pregnant) for my PCOS and a foot problem I was having. Now that I've found a doctor I am so comfortable with I am thankful I get to keep him for all my appointments.
BuckeyeGal23 likes this.

Excitedly Expecting #1 w/ PCOS around June 16, 2014
Adopted mom to DS (16)
October 18th, 2013, 04:58 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
So glad everything worked out for you! I didn't know a regular doctor could manage a pregnancy.
October 18th, 2013, 05:02 PM
I didn't either, but since it's an all in one medical facility (Kaiser), he says he has access to all the consults he would need down the hall if something came up he couldn't answer.

Adopted mom to DS (16)
October 18th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thats SO much better. I had problems with Kaiser my first preg. Nothing was really walked through or explained. The hospital was okay, but not great esp the first time, they were noy informative and I really had to wait for them and push for what I wanted. If I had known, I would have seen my gp... because he was awesome!

October 18th, 2013, 06:17 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
That sounds like a great option!!! I'm so glad it worked out for you. Both my MW and OB are very busy, however, they are always responsive to me and my concerns. I've had to call for concerns in early pregnancy with 2 out of the 4 pregnancies and was expecting them to just ease my mind. Instead, they brought me in for an U/S either the same day or next morning. IMO, having responsive care that take your concerns seriously is so very important, so I'm happy that you've found that!
epsilonbeta likes this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

Last edited by RunningMommyTo5; October 19th, 2013 at 09:30 AM.
October 18th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
That's so cool!!!
October 18th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
I love the idea of a GP for OB.

My Ovulation Chart

October 22nd, 2013, 11:43 AM
OMG he is wonderful. He called all the people necessary for me to get me transferred over and he will see me at the same times already scheduled. Plus I emailed him about my terrible m/s and what I had tried and within an hour he emailed back advice and a prescription with directions on how to know I need to go to the er.

So thankful right now.

Adopted mom to DS (16)
October 22nd, 2013, 12:18 PM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh awesome!! I'm happy about my switch too. I had my sonogram yesterday and the tech did it but the dr never even spoke to me. Good thing the tech was so knowledgeable.

I have an appt at my center on Nov 7, so I'm hoping to have a more well rounded experience.

October 22nd, 2013, 01:05 PM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
Such great news! I hope the m/s meds help

Mommy to Cameron, my amazing son born 10/11/2011

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search