First pregnancy purchase

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
In an attempt to wrap my brain around this pregnancy I knew I needed to do something to make me feel that this is real. So after church today I went to OldNavy and hit the clearance section. I had already given away all my maternity clothes earlier this year since I didn't think I would need them anymore. All I got was one black jersey knit skirt, but it did help me connect just a little bit. I also went to Walmart and got a bottle of prenatal vitamins. Has anyone else started shopping yet?
mommy10_13 and AtomicMama like this.

October 20th, 2013, 03:53 PM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
No but we went to a Toys R Us today to do some Christmas shopping for our nieces and nephew, and it had a great big Babies R Us attached to it. I may have oohed and aahed over some of the adorable clothes
mommy10_13 likes this.

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
October 20th, 2013, 04:43 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hehe i have been stockpiling baby things for ages I have a rail of boys cloths from Noah - i only kept the items in great condition, and i have been filling a rail of girls clothes for the last year, beautiful Ralph Lauren dresses and Jasper Conran onesies just in case

Once i find out the sex i will sell one of the rails and use the money for more baby bits i love shopping

...and baby number 2

Last edited by newmommysarah; October 21st, 2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: added pic
October 20th, 2013, 05:38 PM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
Just prenatals so far. Nothing exciting. I have my first doctor's appointment on Tuesday, so I will probably purchase something after that in celebration of this pregnancy
mommy10_13 likes this.

October 20th, 2013, 07:14 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
Nothing here, but I have a few things from when I was pregnant this past late winter, and also a box of clothes from DS that I just couldn't bear to get rid of. I also have a load of cloth diapers that I plan to re-use this time around.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
October 20th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Super Mommy
Just prenatals so far...

I will try to refrain from buying too much until we learn what the gender is...although I may hit up some boxing day sales (the day after Christmas - it's Canada's version of black Friday) for a stroller and/or some baby furniture...
mommy10_13 and newmommysarah like this.
October 20th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I bought a belly band on a resell board DH is sick of seeing me in sweats ALL the time and jeans are just to uncomfortable
October 20th, 2013, 07:57 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, I haven't....I will buy pregnancy clothes as needed, if my previous ones don't fit (which they might not since I am 15 pounds lighter this time). We don't buy pretty much anything baby until after we find out the gender, due to our previous experience.......but we will register and buy things the same day as long as things go well LOL. I have been on prenatals for several months already and I have a doppler already.

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
October 20th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No shopping yet, but we have really started clearing things out of the room, we are going to put in flooring ( we were anyways, but we are adding our boys room and the nursery/living space/guestroom/office room too- and yes its all one room. Its a very nice size, big enough for everything. Anyways We got paint for our boys new avenger themed room - or what will be and are planning on doing a nuetral light tan, then put genderspecific accent colors in the nursery. I cant do much else until we break the news and find out babys gender

October 21st, 2013, 03:53 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I've bought a pair of maternity skinny jeans because I had a Kohl's cash and they were on sale. Oh, wait -- I bought a few tops from the maternity section at Old Navy too. I just went through all of the maternity clothes my friend and I have been sharing this weekend -- washed everything up and took a final inventory of what she gave me. I'm still going to have to buy a few things as most of our stuff was for warm weather and I'm going to need clothes soon.

I won't buy anything for the baby for a while -- probably not until we find out the gender. We want to put the house up for sale in March and there's already no more room for anything else in here, so the thought of stuff isn't even appealing.
October 21st, 2013, 06:05 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
I got a bodysuit/onesie for baby already I found it at old navy, it's green and white w/ an owl on it- figured it could go for boy or girl. I had a shopping urge!

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
October 21st, 2013, 06:07 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for you first baby purchase!

We are holding off for awhile, but I’m probably going to start window shopping soon

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
October 21st, 2013, 06:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel S View Post
Just prenatals so far...

I will try to refrain from buying too much until we learn what the gender is...although I may hit up some boxing day sales (the day after Christmas - it's Canada's version of black Friday) for a stroller and/or some baby furniture...
Thanks for the idea.. lol. I am from Canada too. (the best place in the world right..)
Mel S likes this.
October 21st, 2013, 06:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, they had a 3 pack of the really soft newborn socks at Walmart. I browsed around at the baby section and I bought the socks. I can't wait to find out the sex in January so I can start shopping specifically for a boy or girl.
October 21st, 2013, 07:48 AM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
Yay for baby shopping! No I haven't bought anything yet besides waaay too many pg tests lol, I don't typically wear maternity clothes so the one thing I will need again is a belly band, I wear that with my regular pants. Since most of the "showing" months will be spring/summer I think leggings and sundresses will work... I really dislike maternity clothes lol. I actually have three maternity jeans from my dd since her "showing" months was cold weather but I don't know that I will wear them, it's just so hard to find maternity clothes that don't look like maternity clothes and actually fit right.
Jessica121706 likes this.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012

Last edited by Grace; October 21st, 2013 at 07:51 AM.
October 21st, 2013, 07:48 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
Prenatals for me. I'm moving soon so I don't want to have more stuff than I need when I move.

October 21st, 2013, 04:47 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
just added a pic of my stash - well thats about half of it - the rest is in boxes

...and baby number 2
October 21st, 2013, 06:32 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
I will be buying some maternity pants soon! I can't hold out any longer, I have gotten to the point where my evening bloat causes me to have to unbutton my pants! I am sure I will hit up a few consignment shops for baby gear...swings, etc, but the bulk of things I will buy when I know the gender!
October 21st, 2013, 07:14 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I wasn't going to splurge on maternity clothes but given how much I'm already poking out (between bloating and my uterus deciding it needs to stretch out already) I think I will need them. Probably keep an eye on Craigslist, and clearance racks.

We already have a box of neutral baby clothes that have been handwashed and are ready to go. I may bust them out tomorrow and take pics, I love looking at them! Especially now that I know it's really happening!
Britt3 and newmommysarah like this.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

October 21st, 2013, 09:05 PM
First Time Mommy-To-Be
I almost bought an "I <3 boobies" beanie, but I was afraid of jinxing my pregnancy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search