Super dissappointed and starting to stress out...

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Demetria
  • 1 Post By BuckeyeGal23
  • 1 Post By Justjessie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
So this morning, I wake up with less nausea, but TOTAL dizziness. I got in the car and started driving to work anyway and the road started spinning...I turned around and came back home.

They couldn't find a sub for me (I'm a teacher) so there are different teachers covering my class, they used gym/music/art/etc so now when I go back tomorrow I have NO planning time (because they used their time as TODAY).

So I have to teach while getting out my weekly newsletter, no break to pee, I usually have to run out of the classroom a few times anyway...all while doing assessments and report cards.

Anyway, about the dizziness, I call the OB. He never called back. Today is his day off so I called his emergency line and explained that it's not a life or death situation but I was wondering if I should be seen? Nothing back. This was 4 hours ago. They are supposed to call you in 10 minutes.

I'm feeling a bit better now...I can't skip any more work so I have to get in tomorrow no matter what, and I'm not missing my ultrasound tonight...but I can't help but feel like he doesn't care. And I'm bummed out completely.

I might hit urgent care tonight just for peace of mind after my ultrasound. I don't think anything is wrong with the baby, I think it's ME...but being dizzy and having to work and take care of three kids and run to extracurricular activities all night...I either have to get it fixed or figure something else out. Not be ignored.

I have no time to call around and find a new OB but I might have to make time (calling around while 23 children yell in the background...uh...ok)
October 24th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Awww you've had a rough set of days with your doctor. I really hope you are able to find a new one because not calling back after 4 hours when a patient is concerned is just insane! I can't wait to hear about your ultrasound, I know how excited you are about that! I hope you are feeling better tomorrow for work, what grade do you teach again? I forgot.
BuckeyeGal23 likes this.
October 24th, 2013, 12:13 PM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah, if you can it's time to find a new doctor. If you can't rely on him to help you when you really need him, he needs to get the boot.

I can't wait to hear about your sonogram appt! I don't usually get on JM after work hours because being home can be crazy busy, but I'm gonna check back periodically to see if you post!

October 24th, 2013, 12:30 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I think it's definitely time to look for someone new. They need to take your fears and questions into account and get back to you more quickly. Hopefully you can find some new that you like right away. Maybe ask friends/co-workers for recommendations? it might at least give you a starting point

October 24th, 2013, 12:33 PM
BuckeyeGal23's Avatar Happy Mommy
Wow, that is so tough! I'd be stressed too. I can't believe they didn't call you back...that's unaccpetable in my mind. If I don't hear back in an hour I get mad.

As for the teachers who covered for you - how sweet! It might help if you stopped and got donuts on the way to work tomorrow for them...then you might get them to help while you make phone calls,etc.
mrsdaiwa24 likes this.

Mommy to Cameron, my amazing son born 10/11/2011
October 24th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
He finally called back!!! He said it sounds like more of a vertigo thing than anything related to pregnancy...and to take Benadryl and rest for a few more days (take tomorrow off of work too...I'm pretty sure that will go over like a fart in church...not sure how to handle that.)

I teach first grade. So there is no sitting down, and I'm running in 23 directions every minute. It's fun but super high intensity. Sometimes it helps calm me down but if I can't see straight and I'm about to pass out and 23 kids are yelling in my face...yeah that's pretty bad!!!

Feeling a bit better...and excited for the u/s! I'll post...it'll be after I get Jessica to bed, but I'll post!
Demetria likes this.
October 24th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a pain! I cant imagine doing all that with how you are feeling *hugs* hopefully you can find a new OB, that will take time out of their day to call you back, its upsetting when youare pregnant and they just run you along, tell you to call and ask questions, then just never get back to you.

October 24th, 2013, 01:04 PM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
You might also consider drinking Gatorade and upping your consumption of salt. You could be low on electrolytes or magnesium. I actually wound up taking an ambulance ride to the ER this summer because I kept getting dizzy and finally passed out (in the dirt, I got a mouthful!) and they found I was low on magnesium which can cause that reaction. I got an iv of mag sulfate but they also said to drink Gatorade, and it has helped a lot.

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
October 24th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Veteran
I had vertigo one year when teaching. It lasted several days. I taught k-2 so I sympathize with your situation. I wasn't pregnant when I had it, just one of those joys of working with little ones.
October 24th, 2013, 08:40 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I'm sorry you're still not feeling well. Could you take a personal day soon and use it to get some rest as well as call around to find a new doctor?
October 25th, 2013, 06:38 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm dying to see your ultrasound!

October 25th, 2013, 02:22 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's actually pretty common during pregnancy, especially the first trimester. I am going through the same thing. I called my OB's office and they said it's common, and to try to rest when it happens (much easier said than done- I'm a nurse), and if it continues, to make an appt to check things out. I will most likely be calling Monday for an appt either Tuesday or Wedneday (the days my OB is at that location). It is worrisome though that your OB's office doesn't seem to respond appropriately.

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search