Insomnia...

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2013, 10:59 PM
JackieV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone else having this issue? I am around 5 weeks and am exhausted. In bed by 9:00 pm. Wake up around midnight to pee and can't fall back asleep and need to be up by 5:30 am.

I'm hoping it's just my brain working, worrying. I have my first ultrasound nov6. Still almost 2 weeks away :/. Hopefully that appointment will be good so I can stop thinking and sleep!

Took one of the week estimator tests, since I still have a bit of a wait, and it said 3+ weeks, after 2-3 weeks result last Friday. So that's a plus. Maybe that'll make it so I at least get a few more hours tonight...
October 25th, 2013, 03:18 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
That happens to me too. I just try to lay in bed as calmly as possible and rest -- getting myself worked up about not falling asleep will just make it worse. I'm usually up for at least an hour when my little "bouts" hit. I hate it.
October 25th, 2013, 06:11 AM
I'm truly trying! Just nervous that something will go wrong before my ultrasound. Guess I just need to relax and let it be. I can't control it anyway....
October 25th, 2013, 06:20 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Lots of hugs!! Try to relax Remember, your odds are so much higher that everything will be perfect

October 25th, 2013, 09:33 AM
that definitely happens to me!!! I just can't seem to fall back asleep - then when I do.. I have to get up to pee again!!! I also find that I wake up at about 5am and then fall back asleep right when the alarm goes off! I wonder if its nerves or if I am just thinking too much

October 25th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes! I completely understand, I have insomnia anyways, Ive had it honestly since I was about 3. But pregnancy makes it SO much worse. For two weeks kept waking up at 245 -3am and staying up. I usually get up at 4. But the passed two days Ive been sleeping in. I am usually asleep by 9-930 but we go to be at 8 (hubs has to be up early for work) I usually get up at 4 w him, make his lunch, get some mommy time and start cleaning, but lately I sleep until 630-7. By then both kids are awake. You can take tylenol pm for it, -as long as you check with your dr. But I try not to take any meds unless Im really in pain.

October 25th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Veteran
Yes. All three pregnancies. In fact, having insomnia was one of the reasons I took a test at 3.5 weeks. Mine always goes away after the first trimester.
October 25th, 2013, 12:00 PM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
I've got it too. Totally related to my anxiety too. I hate it. I have been trying to read until I can't keep my eyes open when I start to stress and watch the clock.

October 26th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Summerthyme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YES!!! I am having the worst insomnia. I feel exhausted and can't wait to climb into bed and then I just lay there! If I do manage to nod off I wake up an hour or two later wide awake. Last night I went downstairs and started working at 11:30pm. It makes waking up with the kids at 6am pretty rough. I never had insomnia with my first two pregnancies.
October 26th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Well I guess I'm not alone here! I think getting up to pee has a lot to do with it. Then, I can't get so forgave and then y brain starts turning and the worry/anxiety flares up! I just hope after my first ultrasound I'll be able to be a little calmer knowing that this little one is growing as they should
October 28th, 2013, 06:13 AM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
Unisom is supposed to be safe during pgcy. At least it used to be... Wal-Mart has a generic available for $4/30 pills.

dd SK (13.5)
dd AB (11)

ds TJ (9)
ds SR (6.5)

dd LG (4)
edd @ June 14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search