What would you do? Stroller for 2

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MarchMom2007

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2013, 10:19 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Betsy will be 3.5 when #2 is born. Lately, she has started wanting to walk on her own when we go places -- her behavior isn't the best though (which would have plenty of time to improve). Sometimes she still wants to be in the stroller (especially if there's a bribe involved because I need to actually concentrate on what I'm doing).

I've been looking into one of those sit-and-stand strollers, but I'm not sure if it's really worth the cost. Do 3 and 4 year olds like to ride on them? I need to be able to take these kiddos out of the house (or I will go insane) but I don't trust that Betsy will be a good walker (or refuse to walk because she wants to be in the stroller too).

What would you do (or are planning on doing)?
October 26th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well my first and second are extremely close (15 months apart, Ry jan '10, luke may'11) So I did buy one. We actually left it at the other house and are going to go up and get our things when we have a little time. But I really liked having it. I could take the boys out on walks, or to the park (the park used to be walking distance from our house, we moved though) But I am certainly keeping it because it will come in handy with the new baby when we go out. My 2 yr old LOVES to walk, hes very good, holds hands, stays with us/close, he also does NOT like to sit and be restrained. But Ryan whose 3, almost 4, well. He doesnt mind walking, but hes hyper. He will not stay with us and will ask for "up" most of the time. The main reason I got it was so I wouldnt have to carry a 15month old and a nb carseat. Its also nice because you dont have to carry the carseat and hold betsys hand, and the carseat fits right in the stroller so that way if baby falls asleep, you dont have to worry about waking the baby, instead of taking them out of the sling or backpack if your arms or shoulders get tired. Mine was definitly expensive and still I cant decide if I got my moneys worth of uses out of it (but I will with this baby) So all in all, while it was expensive I am happy I got it.

October 26th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have one and I love it. Granted my oldest is only 2, but I am a stroller freak and couldn't live without mine. I have the Baby Trend sit and stand that has a detachable back seat. So it can be a 2 seated front to back or a true sit and stand. I bought mine for $80 on a local FB resale group. So that could be an option or if you have a consignment store you could check there.

October 26th, 2013, 11:40 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
We hardly ever use the stroller we have so we won't be buying a double or a sit & stand. I BW so I'll just wear the little and T can run free. A baby carrier would cost you less than a new stroller

October 26th, 2013, 02:13 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got a phil and teds double buggy for Noah knowing i would want another one further down the line - they are perfect, ive been using it as a single buggy but when baby is born i will clip the second seat onto the front and they can ride together until Noah is able to walk on his own. Oh and i saved 500 euro by getting it second hand

classic | phil&teds

...and baby number 2
October 26th, 2013, 05:57 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I was just going to recommend a Phil and Teds. I had one when I was doing daycare, and those things are FABULOUS! It seems like the one down underneath can't see, but they really can see quite a bit. They push like a single stroller, and both kiddos can nap in the stroller. If the older one wants to run, you can haul a ton of stuff down below too. That was like the Cadillac of double strollers. I also got mine used, and it was worth its weight in gold. I so wish I hadn't sold it once my son outgrew it.
newmommysarah likes this.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
October 26th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I figured I'd get a sit and stand...except Jessica won't ride in a stroller at all unless we force her, and it was clinched when we went to Disneyworld. She walked ALL the time and the stroller was storage =) We'd insist she got in there when we needed to run or get through a crowd but we usually parked it and she walked everywhere.

So...Storm gets Jessica's hand me down Graco and I will have 4 kids, never needing a double stroller and never having two in diapers at once =-)
October 27th, 2013, 05:57 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Ugh! I just don't know what I'm going to do. Thanks for the suggestions! Does the Phil and Ted stroller allow for an infant carrier? I know the Sit and Stand Ultra allows for one.
October 27th, 2013, 11:43 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
We have a baby trend jogger we got off Craigslist for $50, and Max and Sam use it when we go somewhere with lots of walking (zoo, walk to the park). That said, DH and I decided we are going to stop taking it and try to get the kids used to walking. We don't want to have to push 3 kids in strollers once baby is born. That said, not sure what we will do with Max. To me, he's still small/young enough to ride in it some (I mean, Sam is 5 and rides in it as much as he does now), but I know there woul be "not fair" issues from Sam if we let Max ride still.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search