Keeping the secret

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Is keeping the pregnancy a secret getting harder for anyone else. All I can say is thank god my family lives so far away, if I seen them daily there is no way I could hide it from them. Even talking on the phone I feel like I am lying.

So far I have told my 2 closest friends that I live around as they would likely find out any how if I needed them to babysit for me. My mom knows because I was having a bad day and blurted it out. And my cooperative buy co hosts simply because they had to. i also posted in a bst group that 2 friends were in that i forgot about, for a big sister shirt in a 2t...BUSTED!!! This is hard lol
October 26th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I'm dying!!! And it's all DF's fault because he is taking *forever* to tell his side of the family.
Jessica121706 likes this.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

October 26th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not having trouble with my family because they're all 8 hours away, but I'll be seeing some of them in two weeks when they travel here for my son's birthday party. We plan to tell them then, because we wanted to do it in person near the holidays but we aren't planning on going there for the holidays (we were going to make a special trip) AND they're going to notice my weight gain in the belly.. Lol.
Other than that I let it slip to a lady at the gym where my BF plays hockey; and where his brothers work. She asked, "how's the baby?!" And I immediately thought my BF must have told her, so I was shocked and said, "how'd you.." And then realized she was asking about my son. Lol. I got embarrassed and laughed and she was like, "oh my god!! Yay!!" Lol. Oops.
With my BF's family (other than his brother who knows) we are going to tell the same weekend I tell my family. Although we are having fun pushing it to see if they'll ever get it. Lol his cousin is starting to suspect, but he's so oblivious. Haha
And my coworkers are just suspecting..

October 26th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Regular
Its killing me too. My boyfriend is slowly telling his side... he doesnt want to tell everyone else until later on... so no facebook anouncements for us for awhile.
October 26th, 2013, 07:58 PM
I'm having such a hard time. My sister in law is visiting and she keeps asking when we're going to start trying....I turn bright red and tell her we're letting nature take its course.
October 26th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's killing me and DH doesn't seem interested in talking about telling or whether to. It's really driving me nuts! Plus family is all within a few miles of us....im already getting a bump that really soon I won't be able to hide! I told 3close friends but only two of them know its twins. So I have someone close by that understands and if I need a sitter knows why! Yesterday I had to drive an hour and half to exchange my girls and tomorrow pick them up DH couldn't believe how many potty breaks I took. I just want the cat out of the bag! Sorry its been a long day!
TLS 620 likes this.

October 26th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So far I've told my DS2's playroom, 2 girls at work, my best friend, my boss, my BIL, and future SIL. We are telling our parents, my sister and her husband tomorrow. After that I don't know if I will keep the secret completely, just tell the rest of my coworkers, or go fully FB public. DH doesn't care when we tell. I'm the one wanting to wait, and the one having trouble keeping my mouth shut.

October 26th, 2013, 10:54 PM
chrysalis1's Avatar + Positively Pregnant! +
I admit it got a little hard when one of my friends had a scare and all of our friends came out of the woodwork offering encouragement and support... Little do they know I am already 2 months! *teehee* but that is the only moment I felt even the inkling to tell anyone. Still no one knows besides me and dh and it needs to stay that way until 12 weeks
"Mild" pcos, blessed with BFP on cycle #4 ttc
Baby Braden 5/25/2014He's finally here!

]
October 27th, 2013, 04:32 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not the norm We've actually told everyone already.
Britt3 likes this.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
October 27th, 2013, 05:36 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I'm dying to tell. This is actually the longest we've gone without telling our families! Really, it's only because I dread my MIL's reaction that we're holding off for family. We have our first U/S on the 5th, so we plan on telling family first after that and then we'll just let the news spread as it may I'll tell my friends, but I may not make a FB announcement until we know the gender, not that I care if anyone knows, I just don't want to deal with the comments from people who think they're funny. We got it w/Bailey and she was #4...I can only imagine with #5. "You DO know how that happens, right?" "What, are you trying to build your own basketball team???" etc, etc.

Anyways, being so sick I'm dying to tell my mom for her support, and the fact that I keep having to make up excuses for running to the bathroom because I feel like I'm about to puke in the middle of my boys' football games around mom and dad, LOL!
Britt3 likes this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

October 27th, 2013, 05:52 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I've told an handful of people -- some because they were friends and I wanted to, some because the relentless "What's wrong? Are you okay?" that has happening multiple times a day was wearing on my nerves (their concern was thoughtful but they just wouldn't let it go!), and my principals because of a couple of incidents where I felt I had to tell them. I've been "outed" at work because the bump is growing and it is getting harder and harder to hide -- two women who are not really my friends figured it out.

I'll still wait until I'm through the first trimester before making an official announcement, but it's becoming more and more of a moot point. Everyone who sees me regularly will have already figured it out!
October 27th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, we now live with my mother and grandfather, so I constantly have to watch what I say. I slipped a few times last week as far foods, and coffee smelling awful.But I was sick, so I chalked it up to that. My mom also offered me a tylenol with codiene for a terrible migrane. I said i couldnt take it and she asked why. I said because it doesnt work - which is NOT a lie, that stuff really doesnt work for me and neither does vicoden so she just said oh yeah I forgot. LOL. But it hink we are going to tell them on thanksgiving, or quite possibly a week before??? Idk, DF really doesnt want to be asked a million questions (My mom repeats herself a lot, like: "Youre having a baby!? Really? Really? Really? *tenminuteslater* Really?" Yeah and that does get on his nerves LOL So we have to figure it out. Its harder for me not to let it slip on fb in someways. Thankfully I dont have to keep it up for too much longer.

October 27th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Caitlin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely. I posted on FB about being sick yesterday and had to casually deny the pregnancy! We aren't announcing for another week and a half publicly.
October 27th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
I would say not really, with this stupid brown spotting that I still have going on its easy to keep it a secret but some of my family and a few friends already know. I know things are good, it just puts a damper on my mood when I am constantly having this issue. I plan on announcing for all after my NT scan coming up in about 3.5 weeks!
October 27th, 2013, 08:51 AM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
I've only told 3 of my friends and that's it (well, and our kids). Seen all of my family at least once since finding out and I have come so, so close to just spilling it but am dreading the reaction. It only gets worse the longer I wait :/

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
October 27th, 2013, 09:17 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I've told entirely too many of my close friends. I just can't stop myself! FIL is visiting this week so we're going to tell him because I'm a vomiting mess. Waiting to tell everyone else around Thanksgiving!

October 27th, 2013, 09:30 AM
JackieV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My BFF, my sister, and DH's family know. Other than that, I'm going to try and keep it under wraps until thanksgiving. Then, I can just walk in wearing a cute maternity shirt that shows my (hopefully) growing belly then they can figure it out by looking at me!
October 27th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
3 Friends of mine just announced their June pregnancys on fb stilling my ideas...I'm gonna have to come up with something really creative :/
October 27th, 2013, 04:08 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I have told a handful of very close friends, and my co-workers know, but I work in a somewhat dangerous job, so I need to be careful and have people help me out when I need it. We will probably spill the beans once I hit around 10 weeks or so and also know baby still has a strong steady heartbeat. Can't wait to go public!

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
October 27th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Only my DH, my best friend, and my youngest son's PR know right now. None of our families yet. This was a surprise and we do not know exactly how far along I am yet so I am waiting until after the doctor's appointment.. probably at least a couple weeks. We always tell my family right away so this is hard for me!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search