Food Aversions

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By TLS 620
  • 1 Post By Think4Yourself
  • 8 Post By cortln
  • 1 Post By Demetria
  • 1 Post By MommaHarvey

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
I always loved mac salad (macaroni salad) and it's a huge Rochester NY thing. Last week I made some because I was craving the kind my BF's aunt makes. Then the next day I was immediately grossed out by it. I had to have my BF throw it all out a few days ago because even the site or smell of it was making me gag. Now, even the thought of mac salad makes me want to hurl.

Also, starting recently my coffee always tastes gross (I'd allow myself one small cup a day) and I don't even want to see coffee.

What are your aversions lately?

October 28th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Everything! I pretty much cannot stand all food. The only thing I'm consistently able to get down is a bagel, but even that is hard sometimes. I can't wait until I can actually enjoy a meal again.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

October 28th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Regular
I'm with you on the coffee! Besides that, pretty much everything I loved to eat before makes me disgusted now. I share an office with someone, too. Every day when she eats lunch, I pretty much consider quitting my job. Lol I'm ready to be past this point of the pregnancy.
Britt3 likes this.
October 28th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My coffee is tasting disgusting. I've gotten 4 different brands of creamer and it all tastes nasty lol. The creamer buying was before I knew I was pregnant though.. now I understand it's not the 4 brands of creamer that are off, it's me! lol. So I only stomach half a cup now to wake up before it grosses me out too much.

I am also living off ramen which is the most unhealthiest thing in the world but the only thing that doesn't sound/smell gross. My first 2 I lived off rice krispies the first couple months but not even that sounds appealing.
TLS 620 likes this.

October 28th, 2013, 10:23 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Mostly food in general

I'm with you on the coffee, though, which is terrible for me. I love coffee, and I drink way too much of it. With DS, I never had that issue. Now, it immediately makes me throw up

Also, chicken, eggs, cheese, most soup, pizza, pasta, milk, and sugar are all huge aversions for me lately.

I did, however, find a salad today that was amazing and really hit all my cravings. It had cabbage and kale and quinoa and apples and celery and tomato and chickpeas and was coated in olive oil and lemon juice. I looked at it and expected to be disgusted, but it was delicious and I gobbled it up.

October 28th, 2013, 10:25 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
I need to thank whichever deity that allowed this but the only food aversion i have is almonds. Aside from feeling more achy and overall blah, I've had like zero food aversions or morning sickness. Keeping my fingers crossed daily that everything is still healthy and awesome!

October 28th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No food aversions yet, but definately having people aversions. The sight of certain people totally ticks me off. Specifically people at work.
October 28th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortln View Post
No food aversions yet, but definately having people aversions. The sight of certain people totally ticks me off. Specifically people at work.

I remember having that problem when I was working!

Ok, original question, I have aversions to everything really, I don't feel sick unless I smell food cooking or if I eat. But I have to eat so I am totally in a loose-loose situation for the next few weeks.
newmommysarah likes this.
October 28th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am having aversions to the thought of food. Nothing sounds good, and when I think about eating I get nauseous. But if something is just put in front of me and I don't have to really decide if I want to eat it or not then I find that I am actually hungry and can eat whatever it is.
newmommysarah likes this.

October 28th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate the smell of food cooking. Bleh! Just the thought makes me want to hurl. The smell of coffee is gross, so I wouldnt take a sip. I stay away from a lot of food other than: hot chocolate, nuts (macadamias, almonds, cashews) raisenettes,fresh fruit, popsicles, frozen yogurt, and strangely enough, the passed two days hot pockets - with white sauce, or alfredo pasta. And raw veggies with dip. I also bought some corn chowder, dk how that will fare but I can try. I thin I may have jinxed myself m/s coming on blehhhh.

October 28th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I don't have aversions to any ONE food this time, but there are only certain foods I can eat. I can have crackers, graham crackers, turkey hot dogs, carrots and ranch, pink yogurt, and peanut butter and jelly. I also can drink slim fast (chocolate flavor). I think I could have green beans and broccoli too, I just don't have any in the house and I ran out of time to go to the store today.

Ooooh and grapes. I can eat grapes!!!
October 29th, 2013, 03:14 AM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everything! I have to force myself to eat atm as everything makes me gag. If i dont eat every 2-3 hours i will throw up but the mere thought/smell of food makes me queasy hope this passes soon.

...and baby number 2

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search