Baby registries!

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Wish44
  • 1 Post By bluewren
  • 1 Post By AtomicMama
  • 1 Post By Jessica121706
  • 1 Post By epsilonbeta

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Who's doing one?

Where have you chosen to register?

I am doing one, I always do, I only use it as a shopping list for myself mostly because I am not having a shower. But from time to time I do have friends or family that ask where I am registered and will send a few things to the new baby, which is nice. I used Buy Buy Baby this time around. I love that store so much more than Babies R us.
October 30th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are! This is our first so we will definitely have a shower or two. Plus, we live away from most family, so it will help them, too. This is the first grandchild on both sides, so he or she is going to be spoiled! I think we may register at Babies R Us and Target. They same to have both stores everywhere to make it easy for people. I've already been doing my research on carseats, strollers, etc.
Demetria likes this.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

October 30th, 2013, 10:09 AM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
Probably not, the few things I want aren't going to be at like Babies R Us for the most part and I wouldn't show it to anybody. Actually now that I think of it, last time I just browsed the internet and snagged photos of the things I was dreaming of and saved them in a folder on my desktop to smile over

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
October 30th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
We will be registering, but haven't talked about where. I always find Babies R Us fun, because it's a whole store devoted to baby stuff! lol, but I have a feeling we'll register at Target because my DP's brother, and his GF (they're expecting also) keep snubbing their nose at Babies R Us and their prices- lol - so I know my DP would feel "bad" if we registered there. Bleh.

October 30th, 2013, 11:30 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a private wishlist on Amazon that I'm just using to keep track of things I am considering and will make it public later in the pregnancy.

With DS I at first tried doing registry at both Babies R Us and Target. Babies R Us always seemed like the most expensive and only had a handful of things that I wanted. The nearest brick-n-mortar Babies R Us is really just a small section attached to a Toys R Us and that place is miserable. So I ended up giving up on having a registry there early on. lol

I love Target but my registry ended up being mostly "online only" or items not available at my "local" Targets.

Eventually I ended up making a Amazon wishlist and it was great to be able to maintain one list on which I could include things from any store.

Nobody buying gifts had issues using the Amazon list for reference and I actually got many compliments on my choice so now I use Amazon wishlists for everything.
Demetria likes this.

October 30th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We will. I'm not sure where yet. I'll probably do it in Jan or Feb.

October 30th, 2013, 11:42 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I actually just started a registry for myself to keep track of what I want. I found MyRegistry.com where you can make a registry for any store online. I figure I can find what I really want and just stick it all there. I have a couple of slings, a few toys, a nursing stool, a stroller lock, and a pair of stroller bags. I feel completely ridiculous making this list already, but I hate it when I see something I love and then forget what it was, or where I saw it.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
October 30th, 2013, 11:48 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I used MyRegistry.com for DD. I wanted a lot of very specific things that I couldn't find at the big retail stores or on Amazon. It had some problems but that was almost 4 years ago so perhaps they've changed. I won't be registering this time. We hardly need anything and the few things I want aren't easily registered for.

October 30th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I made one on Babies R Us just to see what I'd put on it.. but we may end up doing a "real" one at Target or just telling family members websites for cloth diapers, etc.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

October 30th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Caitlin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If I have a shower I will end up doing Pottery Barn and Bye Bye Baby.
October 30th, 2013, 12:33 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I have a Secret Pinterest Board

At this point, I won't register. If by some crazy happenchance we DO have a shower (I can't imagine, as this is baby #2 for each DH and I, and #3 total), then I suppose I'll need to get on the ball. We don't need much, so I'll just register at Target or Buy Buy Baby and the local cloth diaper/baby store, most likely.
Demetria likes this.

October 30th, 2013, 05:32 PM
JackieV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a secret Pinterest board and wish list on amazon too!

However, I am waiting to register officially until I am in my second trimester. I don't want to have random registries out there if baby doesn't stick :/
October 30th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I like target because if they send you a nice coupon for everything that is on your registry that is not bought. Plus if you go into do it they give you a really sweet gift bag.

I don't know if I will share my registry as I haven't really decided if I am having a shower or not. I've already had 2 and I seem to get a ton of clothes which is nice but I can find really great deals on clothes myself. I may hint to my mom I just want a diaper party where everyone just brings me diapers in lieu of gifts. That way I am stocked up for the first 6 months or so
Demetria likes this.
October 30th, 2013, 07:57 PM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
I am definitely making a registry! The go to in this area is Target and Baby R Us but we may do an Amazon.
Demetria likes this.

Excitedly Expecting #1 w/ PCOS around June 16, 2014
Adopted mom to DS (16)
October 30th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think I will be doing a registry since this will be my 3rd baby in 4 years. If I do decide to do one though it will be at Target, and just for the coupons that you get after baby is born.

October 31st, 2013, 06:44 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have one on amazon but its mostly for ME so I know what I need lol

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search