Vitamins

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Fall
  • 2 Post By RunningMommyTo5
  • 1 Post By Wish44
  • 1 Post By Demetria
  • 1 Post By TiggersMommy
  • 1 Post By MarchMom2007
  • 1 Post By AtomicMama
  • 1 Post By Farm Mommy 2B
  • 1 Post By susie_q
  • 1 Post By Marissa's Mommy
  • 1 Post By TiggersMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I've figured out why I've been so out of it! I changed from taking my prenatal in the morning to night to help with the nausea. Well I haven't taken any since Friday night because I've fallen asleep when sitting down to relax. Man these babies are taking everything I have! No wonder why I haven't been able to do anything!

how are you guys doing on taking your prenatal's?
moxiemommie likes this.

October 30th, 2013, 11:01 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I'm pretty good during the week because I'm on the same schedule. Weekends are a bit difficult because the routine changes, so I've forgotten some Saturdays. Actually, I usually take it with lunch so I can lay down afterwards and it not make me too sick (my youngest two are napping) and your post just reminded me that I forgot! Better go do it now before I forget again.
BuckeyeGal23 and Fall like this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

October 30th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm actually pretty good with the vitamin. I have to make sure I take it with food. I'm pretty routine with it. I take it with breakfast since that is the only guaranteed meal I can get down. I force myself to eat breakfast no matter how much I'm gagging since I haven't eaten all night.
Fall likes this.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

October 30th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
I always take mine at night with food. So doing pretty good with them. Its more so food that is my problem!
Fall likes this.
October 30th, 2013, 11:57 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Prenatals make me even more nauseous than I am, which is hard. I stopped taking the horse pills last week and I'm just taking B6 & Folic acid. I might send DH to get me some chewables to make sure I've got my bases covered.
Fall likes this.

October 30th, 2013, 12:07 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I am doing ok with mine. I have to take 6 pills each morning though, which is hard. I have a gene mutation that makes me not metabolize folate properly, so I have to take a special vitamin that has a different type of folate in it. I take the multi and then extra folate on top of that, plus l-lysine to help prevent cold sores.

I have been choking them down, but if I take them too soon before eating breakfast, I start getting nausea which will end up lasting all day. Ugh...
Fall likes this.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
October 30th, 2013, 12:13 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Not so good, but better than last pg Although, I'm not sure how often I keep them down
Fall likes this.

October 30th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Veteran
I am doing pretty good. I take mine at night otherwise I get sick from them. I have them sitting beside my bed and its that last thing I do before I climb in for the night.
Fall likes this.

October 30th, 2013, 01:19 PM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
I take gummies and I love the flavor of them so I'm pretty good about taking them in the morning when I get to work.
Fall likes this.

October 30th, 2013, 06:17 PM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
Doing fine. I have them right next to the light switch in the kitchen. So as I walk by headed to bed I take them.

October 30th, 2013, 06:30 PM
JackieV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Surprisingly, I have been doing very well with them. I try to take them with breakfast or lunch, and almost always with OJ. Since I've been doing that, I almost never get nauseous. That's even with taking an iron pill on top of my prenatal due to anemia.
October 30th, 2013, 06:42 PM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
I choke it down it about 80% of the time because they make me gag and throw up. Seriously considering switching to the gummy ones!

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
October 30th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm doing pretty good I guess. I usually do ok until the 5th month before I start forgetting them. I take the gummies, but my OB gave me some samples of a new kind made from blueberry extract to take when the bottle I've already started is gone. I think I sometimes end up taking mine twice a day by accident. When it's time for bed I can't always remember if I took them that morning and go ahead and take some just to be safe.

October 30th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Marissa's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa's Mommy
I am doing good but only cause I was already taking a daily vitamin and fish oil with dinner. So already had the routine down, I just added my folic acid supplement to the pill box. I think night time is better for taking this stuff cause then you are taking with food and going to bed so if it would have made you nauseas you sleep through it.
moxiemommie likes this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature!
October 30th, 2013, 09:22 PM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
You can sleep through nausea?! That is a talent I certainly do not have.
RunningMommyTo5 likes this.

October 31st, 2013, 10:37 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersMommy View Post
You can sleep through nausea?! That is a talent I certainly do not have.
^YES!!!!^ this is my thought, too, LOL! I absolutely can't sleep when I'm sick. I toss and turn and I'm generally miserable. I haven't been sleeping well at night. I wake up nauseous, then feel better after my run and workout. Then, it gradually increases as the day goes on. By the afternoon, it's awful and it stays that way until bedtime, then the task of trying to get to sleep. Praying we get through this stage soon!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

October 31st, 2013, 01:16 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been taking mine at night. I actually started all of my vitamins/meds when we started TTC in August, to help build it up. I have Spina Bifida, so I have a prescription prenatal with extra broken down folic acid in it, plus I take 4 more mg of it. I also take my Prometrium twice a day.

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
October 31st, 2013, 01:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You know now thsat you mention it, I totally forgot last night, but Ive been pretty good!!!!

October 31st, 2013, 02:58 PM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
For those who take gummy ones, is there a specific gummy prenatal vitamin or are you just taking like a One A Day?

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
October 31st, 2013, 04:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitranch View Post
For those who take gummy ones, is there a specific gummy prenatal vitamin or are you just taking like a One A Day?
I take Spring Valley Prenatal Gummies. I get them at Walmart with the other prenatal vitamins.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search