November Random Chat thread

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree66Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Well, it will be November in 2 days anyway, so why not start the chat thread for the month, eh?

Whats everyone up to this evening? I just sent my DH out for groceries. I pretended that I had been throwing up all day and was too sick to go! Well I am sick but I don't usually vomit when I am pregnant. So yeah, I lied. I will be the one to have to cook anyway and I am so tired from tossing and turning with a back/side ache last night that I just want to sit in bed, and watch tv with my 4yr old while the 2yr old oversleeps her nap!
October 30th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Regular
I dont have anything planned. Probably just try to relax until bedtime.
Demetria likes this.
October 30th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay for little fibs! I've used that one before I'm not doing anything tonight but normal routine we just finished dinner and homework now relaxing before bathtime
Demetria likes this.
October 30th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Marissa's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa's Mommy
Hoping to do nothing and go to bed early tonight. Last night that was the plan but got home and DH had bought pumpkins to carve so we did that along with the normal nightly routine. So if nothing is planned again will do dinner, Marissa's bath and veg on the couch till I put her to bed at 8. Oh wait i gotta pick the cat from the vet. Other than that nothing.
Demetria likes this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature!
October 30th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got kicked out of the endontists office (specialty dentist) waiting for DF my 2 &3 yr old were playing with their cars, they really werent being too loud, just slightly, but the receptionist told me to keep them quiet or take them out, so we are now waiting in the car. My Mom wouldnt watch them, pitched a HUGE fit about how she was going to the movies with a friend whose number she doesnt have? Which is weird to me. I know its not her job to babysit or watch them but DF has been waiting awhile for this and is in tons of pain. I have cancelled plenty of my plans for her, so I can look after grandpa, so I just hoped this time around shed do it for me. I think Im more upset that we got kicked out because I was trying SO hard to keep them quiet and entertained. ( I had to drive DF because hes prob gonna be a little loopy from the meds after)

October 30th, 2013, 04:33 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I was home with a sick kiddo today. Not very sick acting, but a slight fever and sore throat, so we vegged for most of the day. I made dinner, walked the dog and did 2 loads of laundry too, so feeling accomplished.

Back to the grind tomorrow. I hate my job, so it was a nice reprieve for a day.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
October 30th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiemommie View Post
I got kicked out of the endontists office (specialty dentist) waiting for DF my 2 &3 yr old were playing with their cars, they really werent being too loud, just slightly, but the receptionist told me to keep them quiet or take them out, so we are now waiting in the car. My Mom wouldnt watch them, pitched a HUGE fit about how she was going to the movies with a friend whose number she doesnt have? Which is weird to me. I know its not her job to babysit or watch them but DF has been waiting awhile for this and is in tons of pain. I have cancelled plenty of my plans for her, so I can look after grandpa, so I just hoped this time around shed do it for me. I think Im more upset that we got kicked out because I was trying SO hard to keep them quiet and entertained. ( I had to drive DF because hes prob gonna be a little loopy from the meds after)
Oh man, thats tough! I hate bringing kids along to appointments! Although we have never gotten kicked out of a place because most of the time the appointments are for them . How can someone get upset about kids being typical kids, how rude!

I am hiding out in my bedroom.....the kids and DH are eating. Late dinner because DH spent forever at the grocery store, looking for my soft peppermints. I have a plate of 2 tacos that I am staring at because eating has become more like a concentration sport. I have to work up the nerve to actually start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMom2007 View Post
I was home with a sick kiddo today. Not very sick acting, but a slight fever and sore throat, so we vegged for most of the day. I made dinner, walked the dog and did 2 loads of laundry too, so feeling accomplished.

Back to the grind tomorrow. I hate my job, so it was a nice reprieve for a day.

Aww! I hope the little one is feeling better! Yay for a break from work!
October 30th, 2013, 05:23 PM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
I am on nurse duty while my son recovers from his surgery. Rough stuff I tell ya. I am so jealous of all you who can send your hubbies out on errands. My husband works "nights" (leaves at 2:30pm and gets home around 5-6am) and is leaving in 2 days to go on a mission for most of November. I think it was easier when he was deployed, like with my pregnancy last time. I didn't have any expectations or hopes of help because I knew he was gone. He sleeps most of the time he is home, I just miss him.

October 30th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
Tonight is DH's bowling night...so I got the girls from daycare, went to Target for Halloween candy (and some stuff for my classroom while I was there) then to McDonald's for dinner (where I ate 6 piece chicken nuggets and a large fry, and had some Hot Tamales candy for dessert...) then it was bath and bed for the little one...now I'm chilling with my other daughter.

My son did his chores and ate and disappeared.

I'm actually not tired and I am hungry...which makes me nervous. But it is nice to be among the living for a bit.
moxiemommie and jjustice12 like this.
October 30th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs_zipre View Post
I am on nurse duty while my son recovers from his surgery. Rough stuff I tell ya. I am so jealous of all you who can send your hubbies out on errands. My husband works "nights" (leaves at 2:30pm and gets home around 5-6am) and is leaving in 2 days to go on a mission for most of November. I think it was easier when he was deployed, like with my pregnancy last time. I didn't have any expectations or hopes of help because I knew he was gone. He sleeps most of the time he is home, I just miss him.
Glad to hear your son is doing well from the surgery!! Sorry to hear that your DH will be gone for most of November, that has to be tough!! I couldn't imagine not having anyone to boss around ! But I hope the time passes quickly for you hun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justjessie View Post
Tonight is DH's bowling night...so I got the girls from daycare, went to Target for Halloween candy (and some stuff for my classroom while I was there) then to McDonald's for dinner (where I ate 6 piece chicken nuggets and a large fry, and had some Hot Tamales candy for dessert...) then it was bath and bed for the little one...now I'm chilling with my other daughter.

My son did his chores and ate and disappeared.

I'm actually not tired and I am hungry...which makes me nervous. But it is nice to be among the living for a bit.
We aren't doing Halloween this year vacation wiped me out so I really did not feel like sewing the kid costumes when we got back. They understand thank goodness, although I must say I am a bit surprised! I will go to Target and get them some candy though! Did you go past the baby section??

Kinda want McDonalds fries now
October 30th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I passed the baby section...but then stopped...because only if it's a boy do I need to buy anything!!!!!!!! I have more girl stuff than I know what to do with!

So...saving my money for a few more weeks.

I bought Jessica a costume and Sierra got one from one of our babysitter's kids. And Justin is probably going to throw some crap together after school tomorrow.
moxiemommie likes this.
October 30th, 2013, 05:52 PM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
I sent my hubby out for Raisin Bran Crunch and beef hot dogs He made me promise not to eat them together! LOL

I also just found $80 in my dresser that I don't remember stashing there. Woohoo!

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
October 30th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justjessie View Post
I passed the baby section...but then stopped...because only if it's a boy do I need to buy anything!!!!!!!! I have more girl stuff than I know what to do with!

So...saving my money for a few more weeks.

I bought Jessica a costume and Sierra got one from one of our babysitter's kids. And Justin is probably going to throw some crap together after school tomorrow.
My 9yr old asked if he could just wear a box and be 'box man' I told him no, but I kinda feel sorry for him. I know he really wants to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitranch View Post
I sent my hubby out for Raisin Bran Crunch and beef hot dogs He made me promise not to eat them together! LOL

I also just found $80 in my dresser that I don't remember stashing there. Woohoo!
I really hope you don't eat those together! hahaha. Score on the $80!!
October 30th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I went to a local bargain store after work looking for DS1 a fireman hat to go with his costume. I didn't find one, but I did find out that they carry Target and Old Navy maternity clothes. I guess it's stuff they get after the stores clearance out from last season or something. Anyway I found 2 Target dresses in 3/4 sleeves for a total of $5.

After that I went home and got the boys dressed for Trunk or Treat at one of the churches down the road from us. We will do 1 or 2 more over the next 2 days too. My parents didn't allow holloween when I was a kid so I am really enjoying doing it with my boys.

October 31st, 2013, 04:58 AM
Speaking of maternity clothes. I really need to get my butt in gear to getting some pants!! I can't wear yoga pants to a parent teacher conference!
moxiemommie and jjustice12 like this.
October 31st, 2013, 08:22 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I finished DS's ghost costume last night. It's pretty....basic DSD will be a princess (she is wearing an old dress up dress and a princess hat). Super easy this year! I'm so excited to take them trick or treating. I think they will really enjoy it this year. Last year, DS was too little to really get it (and DSD was with her mom).
Demetria likes this.

October 31st, 2013, 08:25 AM
I hope you guys have fun!! Everyone should post a photo of their halloween night!
October 31st, 2013, 08:31 AM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
We already did the big TorT in our neighborhood on Saturday, but we're dropping by my dad's tonight to let him see the kids' costumes and then I'm sure we'll be suckered into going around the block in their neighborhood for more candy. Just what they need

Oh, and they usually get a goodie bag if their homeschool PE class falls near a holiday, sooo...
Demetria likes this.

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d

Last edited by rabbitranch; October 31st, 2013 at 08:34 AM.
October 31st, 2013, 09:55 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
We didn't buy any new costumes this year. Thankfully, all the boys wanted to be something we already had from previous years, so that was easy. Bailey is going to be candy corn, I think. I hope it turns out as cute as I'm picturing it, we'll see.

But, yeah, the candy....ugh. My kids will be hyper for days! We are pretty good about limiting it after tonight. We kinda let them indulge tonight and then we'll let them have one big piece or two small pieces after dinner for a week or two more...then we shift through what's left and donate the rest. Having one with a dual diagnosis of severe ADHD and Aspergers, and, another one on the spectrum doesn't mix well with tons of candy!!!
Demetria and moxiemommie like this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

October 31st, 2013, 12:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Sounds like most of you really lucked out on the costumes!!! We bought them costumes this year. Ryan begged us to be Warmachine (from ironman3, yes Im a terrible parent, he watches the violent ironman movies, we took him to the movies for ironman3 and he LOVED it. We think he has ADHD (DF has ADHD) and yet he sat through that whole 2 1/2 - 3 hr movie) So when Ryan decided to be Warmachine, Luke decided he wanted to be Ironman, so hes Ironman! I will let them indulge tonight and then ration it through out the month, unless daddy eats it all first LOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitranch View Post

I have to say that everytime my 3 yr old ryan sees your bunny he freaks out and says mommy mommy mommy look a bunny! Awww! Its so cute! LOL Congrats on the $80! I love finding money!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search