Help...

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By AtomicMama
  • 1 Post By Demetria
  • 1 Post By Wish44
  • 1 Post By Caitlin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2013, 07:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Halloween. Unfortunately, I think it may be a sad one for me. So everytime we have sex I have had some light spoting. Lastnight, after sex I ran right to the br like I always do and just kept telling myself a little blood is normal, but when I wiped, the tissue had bright red blood. Of course I burst into tears, but DF just tried to reassure me, told me to make a dr appt (which I already have- from the last time) But I will call them today. He told me we didnt have to have sex anymore and just told me not to cry, or stress because it will make it worse, and stress isnt good for baby, ect. So I put a towel down, and went to bed. (very restless night) So I went to the bathroom this morning and it had some blood, it wasnt whole lot, and it looked like it could have been from last night. BUT there was a few clots. Nothing dark red. And the clots werent big. But Im worried. I actually have no idea how to react. Im sad and scared but dont want to show it. No one knows except DF. I have a ton of things to do today, besides trick or treating with the kids, but Im worried that if I dont take it easy I will m/c if I havent started to already. The weird thing is that the bleeding only occurs after sex. I dont have pain or cramps, it doesnt "feel" like a miscarriage... But the bright red blood and clots are enough to make me worry. I dont know if I should be going to the ER... I guess it depends on what the dr office says. Im definitly going to google, and hope for the best.

October 31st, 2013, 07:43 AM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
Go with your gut feeling. If an ER visit will ease your mind, do it! You can't put a price on peace of mind. Plus an ultrasound is always a bonus. I am thinking of you. Keep us posted.

October 31st, 2013, 07:47 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
First, BIG HUGS!!! I know that it can be so scary!!

Second, if it's only after sex, and there is no cramping or pain, I honestly believe you are just fine. There is so much extra blood flow down there during pregnancy, your cervix is lower than normal, and MUCH more sensitive. It's very common for sex to cause a little bit of bleeding. If last night's was a little more than normal, it may have just been more irritating or even popped a blood vessle or two. With the extra bleeding and laying down all night, that could very well explain the small clots from this morning. As long as there is no bleeding other times and no cramping, it really doesn't sound like a m/c to me. With all of mine, there was a lot of pain accompanied by a great deal of bleeding, all the time. It was very clear. And I know all women are different, but I also know many women who had bleeding or spotting after sex. Please try not to stress about it

All that said, waiting a few weeks or at least to talk to a doctor and have a u/s and have some reassurance before you try to have sex again may be a good call, especially if your DF is on board. If nothing else, it will be helpful for you peace of mind.

October 31st, 2013, 07:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you so much, it really helps to hear it from someone else. Thats what Ikept telling myself but the bright red blood and clots just scared the crap out of me. And I tried to relax because there was zero pain. Ive just NEVER had any kind of bleeding with my two boys, with the exception of a tiny bit of pink from implantation, so bleeding this time around, in addition to this time with all the red blood I just keep thinking there is something wrong. But that really eases my nerves. I think the dr office just opened (8) so Im going to call just to make sure. Maybe they'll squeeze me in for an ultra.

October 31st, 2013, 08:10 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
You have already gotten good responses and the only thing I can add is to say this is why I have been abstaining, I still have brown spotting and seeing red blood would freak me out as well. I hope it has stopped. Its totally normal after sex!
moxiemommie likes this.
October 31st, 2013, 08:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Please keep us posted. I would also say it has something to do with sex.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

October 31st, 2013, 09:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would say you are just fine!! But, go to the doctor for the reassurance.

((HUGS))
October 31st, 2013, 09:18 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
((hugs)) another who agrees it's all related to sex and you and baby are just fine, hope you are able to get into your Dr for some extra reassurance, KUP!

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
October 31st, 2013, 09:43 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Please KUP! I hope they were able to squeeze you in today. I agree with the ladies that it doesn't sound like a m/c. I know it's so hard to remain calm anytime there's any amount of bleeding during pregnancy. I think that pelvic rest (the term the drs use basically meaning no sex) is a good idea until you're out of the first tri. Your dr will likely ask you to do that anyway and it will help you not to stress with the sex-related bleeding /spotting. *hugs* Thinking of you!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

October 31st, 2013, 09:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks you guys! You were right. The office basically told me the same thing, they said if any pain accompanies it, or if the bleeding increases, or persists, to just go right to the ER. ( The office is literally across the street from the hospital) I have an apt nov 11. They wont be able to do an ultra (because the tech is only there every other friday) But if I were to go to the hospital, one could be done there. But I put on a pad and there is hardly any blood, just a tiny bit, but its definitely close to or has already stopped. I am having a few twinges and uterus stretching pain, but nothing I would call cramps and nothing painful. Im sorry Im such a worry wart!!! Maybe the baby was just trying to scare me for halloween....

October 31st, 2013, 10:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So glad the doctor reassured you! We are all worry warts! Don't feel bad.
moxiemommie likes this.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

October 31st, 2013, 10:07 AM
Caitlin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you are okay! Any little bit of blood is ALWAYS scary.
moxiemommie likes this.
October 31st, 2013, 04:48 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Just seeing this now. I'm so glad the doctor was able to give you some reassurance and the bleeding has stopped. Keeping your little bean in my thoughts!
October 31st, 2013, 05:47 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you are ok! *hugs*

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

October 31st, 2013, 08:59 PM
Marissa's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa's Mommy
Glad you got some good news. I would have been a nervous wreck as well.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search