MS Dinner Help

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By TiggersMommy
  • 1 Post By RunningMommyTo5
  • 1 Post By Wish44
  • 1 Post By Demetria
  • 1 Post By Wish44

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2013, 10:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I need your help, ladies. I can't cook these days. The smells and everything else just gross me out. And since I have food aversions to pretty much everything, the desire is even less. But, I know DH needs to eat. Anyone have any easy, quick ideas or recipes that won't gross this preggo out too much? I definitely can't handle raw chicken, so don't even go there...haha.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

October 31st, 2013, 11:05 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Step 1: Eat what you can handle.
Step 2: Tell DH to fend for himself.
mommy10_13 likes this.

October 31st, 2013, 11:17 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
^YES^ That's great

I have my kids to feed, unfortunately they have been limited to a lot of grilled cheese and PB&J, honey and banana sandwiches with some veggies because it's all I can handle right now. DH works two jobs during the week, he's not home to help, so it's up to me. The upside is the kids love them, so there's no complaining at dinner time about them not liking something or not wanting to eat what I slaved over.
mommy10_13 likes this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

October 31st, 2013, 11:42 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Cook what you can And when you do cook, cook large portions. Is it just you and DH? Make things like lasagna or soups or things that you can eat on for a few days, so that you can get little breaks.

Pasta is pretty tame to cook, and you can do lots with it. You can even buy pre-cooked chicken to make a chiken alfredo if you want. Salads aren't always easy, but you don't have to deal with many strong smells. I find I struggle eating eggs, but cooking them is super easy for me, since they don't have a strong smell, either.

And honestly, this m/s period is just a season. If you need to resort to frozen meals, pot pies, canned or box soups, or other things, don't feel bad for a second! Kashi offers a pretty good selection of healthy, pre-made frozen meals you just have to heat up. Keeping some of those on hand for the worst days (both for m/s and feeling exhausted) can be a good idea.

October 31st, 2013, 11:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im right there with you. Im just hoping I can get through making thanksgiving dinner muchless anything else. I wont lie, lately we have been getting takeout.(the cheapy $10 not-good for you takeout) But its not good for anyone so I ve actually started to buy frozen family meals. The kind you put in a skillet and let defrost/warm, or that I can put in the oven. Its not too bad because I dont really have to smell food cooking, because it is already cooked, so it doesnt have the odors like raw chicken, or boiling pasta does. Idk just a little easier and it only take a stir or two so Im not "hovering" over it. I like to make one pot meals right now, so that helps cut the m/s.

October 31st, 2013, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone! Yes, it's just the two of us. Over the weekend I attempted I crock pot meal. Big mistake! The smells in the house all day were awful. I think I'm going to have to resort to the freezer meals that you throw on a skillet as suggested. Even pasta grosses me out. DH made himself pasta with butter and Parmesan last night and it was grossing me out. I can't wait to enjoy an actual meal again. This is crazy! Luckily, my DH is pretty understanding. He doesn't expect me to cook, but I just feel bad. He works long hours and I've always done the cooking during the week. The last two weeks I just haven't been able to though. I go to the grocery store and literally gag smelling samples and seeing food.
RunningMommyTo5 likes this.

October 31st, 2013, 11:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have to add Ive been doing a lot of hashes with potatoes, veggies (broc, carrots, cauliflour combo) and meat or veggies and pasta with white sauce

October 31st, 2013, 11:53 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
No advice. I am in the same boat. My kids have to eat though so I push through it since DH can't cook to save his life! Although with Meaghan mentioning thanksgiving, I am just sitting here thinking, OMG I really hope I am 100% over the nausea by then, I will cry myself a river if I can't eat any Honeybaked Ham!!
Wish44 likes this.
October 31st, 2013, 11:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, I'll be nearing the end of my first trimester at Thanksgiving. Not being able to stuff my face with all my favorites will be devastating if I don't feel better. Right now, ham and turkey make me want to hurl. Gross!
Demetria likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search