Exercise

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Wish44
  • 2 Post By RunningMommyTo5
  • 1 Post By AtomicMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2013, 09:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Is anyone still exercising these days? I feel like a lazy bum, but I just can't between the constant nausea and exhaustion. I'm hoping to get back into it my second trimester. I had visions of being active throughout my entire pregnancy. Then MS set in. Hah!
moxiemommie likes this.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

October 31st, 2013, 10:04 AM
trusting and believing
Certainly not! I purchased a pregnancy workout dvd when I first found out, and lately I've been saying they certainly didn't expect me to do that workout during the first trimester.

Mom to one son born December 2010 and expecting another little guy June 16, 2014!
October 31st, 2013, 10:07 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't lifted a finger since m/s set in. Once I start feeling better, I'll go for walks or short bike rides and swims. I might sign up for a prenatal belly dance class.

October 31st, 2013, 10:09 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Yes, I am. Even through the horrible m/s, it's something I NEED to do for me. I actually feel better when I'm running or strength training, so I look forward to it and the small bit of relief. It's hard to get started, but I'm always glad I do it. I had to power through mentally to do it when I was pregnant with DD, too, as I was just as sick and miserable with her the entire pregnancy. Praying this time it's short lived, so the mental aspect of running and strength training will be easier shortly. Plus, I'm also a group fitness instructor, so I have to go in and teach, so that helps, as well.

Don't beat yourself up for taking a break, though. It is truly hard to do it when you're feeling miserable. Just make the commitment to get back into it when you feel better.
AtomicMama and moxiemommie like this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

October 31st, 2013, 10:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been so tired and stressed- why Im stressed, Ihave no idea. Its all I can to to make sure the house is clean and keep up the laundry! Idk whats wrong with me. I am going to buy some more sweats this weekend since I wore out my old ones and at least start doing my two mile walks again if not a mile jog. I used to do about 20 miles/ per week!!! Lately well, its been nearly nothing.

October 31st, 2013, 10:37 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I agree that it makes me feel better when I work out, so I've been trying to get something in every day. Some days it's just quick weights/pilates or yoga at home, other days I'll actually make it down to the gym and run or bike a few miles.
RunningMommyTo5 likes this.

October 31st, 2013, 10:39 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I did about two days of my prenatal yoga but then m/s started and so I haven't done it since. I'm lucky if I survive the walk to/from school twice a day, so that's enough exercise for now. :\

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

October 31st, 2013, 10:52 AM
Caitlin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah.... i'm the one who posted the gung-ho thread a few weeks ago.

....that didn't last. Haha. I strength trained maybe 3 days after that and not since. I've gained 3 pounds so far... I just can't get myself up and drive the 20 minutes to the gym.
October 31st, 2013, 10:57 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayepink View Post
Certainly not! I purchased a pregnancy workout dvd when I first found out, and lately I've been saying they certainly didn't expect me to do that workout during the first trimester.
that is too funny.

I am definitely in bum mode. I will start walking again once I am feeling better.
October 31st, 2013, 02:56 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Morning sickness is kicking my *** but i find going for a brisk walk in the fresh air does help, even just round the block takes my mind off the sickness and nausea.

...and baby number 2
October 31st, 2013, 03:01 PM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
I'm still taking care of all of our critters on our little ranch. Mucking stalls, cleaning paddocks, feeding, throwing hay, hauling water buckets, and then taking apart rabbit cages everyday to clean and refill. I'm stubborn about still doing it all now, even when I feel lousy, because I know I'm going to get to a point where I won't be able to do it for awhile and I want to postpone that as long as possible. It gives me a tremendous sense of peace to be out there shoveling poop

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
October 31st, 2013, 04:03 PM
Super Mommy
I've been going for 30-60 minute brisk walks with the dog in the evenings...but that's about it.

I hope to start pre-natal yoga shortly - there's a place 5 minutes from my house that has a course on Thursday...my goal is to start next week. I also want to start doing some weight training...get ready to carry the little one around.
October 31st, 2013, 04:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have defiantly slacked off. I plan to start back once the exhaustion is over, but for now I can barely stay awake until bedtime.

October 31st, 2013, 04:30 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I run around all day at school and even though I try to sit down often, I'm still on my feet constantly. I figure that's plenty of exercise for me!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search