Moms with toddlers

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2013, 01:10 PM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningMommyTo5 View Post
No one's ever said anything to me through my 4 pregnancies. My MW and Dr's rule is that anything you did before, keep it up, with the obvious modifications like nothing flat on your back, etc. So, if you're used to carrying around your kid(s) and you have no issues or complications, then it is completely ok to continue to hold them. It sounds like it's the "old school" standard advice that was given many, many years ago and perhaps they're not up to date on the latest studies and research that proves pregnancy is not a disease or a handicap. I'm a runner and fitness instructor. I've always lifted my normal weights right up until delivery. If I'm squatting 80lbs for 5+min while teaching bodypump, and clean and pressing 40lb, etc, then I think it's ok to carry around my 20lb little girl and 45lb 3-year old (yes, he's a big guy, LOL) when needed. Obviously, so your own research and definitely ask your dr their recommendations, but I wouldn't be worried about it at all!!!!
Pump was on my Christmas list!!!!!! Finished Combat in August and have been toying with my workouts since.

I don't worry about picking up my two kids. If I need to pick them up I do. The 6 year old is more of a challenge because he's so **** tall now. He's still thin as a rail for his height. The 3 year old wants to be held all the time, and I won't refuse her unless it bothers me to hold her. Its not like I'm holding or carrying either of them for miles or hours at a stretch!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search