no fair! can't have what sounds good

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By moxiemommie
  • 4 Post By Social Halfwit
  • 1 Post By njkatc
  • 1 Post By rabbitranch
  • 2 Post By MommaHarvey

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Veteran
Ok, this is not cool. The things that sounds the very best right now are all the things I can't have. I want chicken livers and herbal tea and a subway sandwich (not toasted, thank you very much) and sushi and a rare steak and a frozen margarita with salt and a blue Monster energy drink. *not all at once*

What do you guys want that you can't have?

-Gypsy
November 5th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Summerthyme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sushi sounds amazing...but like everything else...once it was put in front of me I probably wouldn't be able to eat it.
November 5th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Wine.
November 5th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You can have "sushi" and herbal teas!!!! As long as the sushi is cooked. You can have ungai, tempura shrimp, vegitarian sushi, chicken teriyaki sushi, and most sushi places will make you waht ever you want if you just explain that you are pregnant and it has to be cooked. herbal teas : there are tons with out caffiene! My favorite is good earth original (its cinnamon ans slightly sweet) You can als o have peppermint, honey bush, pretty much any tea that states its caffiene free. This is my 3rd and I live on caffiene free tea and I love love love sushi (plan on having it for my bday in feb) I know technically its not sushi if its cooked, but if thats the only way I can have it, Ill take it!
The only thing I really want that I cant have is alcohol. Oh and you can totally have deli meat, but you have to cook or microwave it first. (its supposed to be at least 30 seconds in the micro, but I always ask for 2 minutes) Subway did it for me last preg!!!
MarchMom2007 likes this.

November 5th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
Well what I want, I technically can have it's just not good for me... McDonalds chicken nuggets with fries. Mmmm.

Plus it's too far to walk and it's cold. That McDonalds might as well be in Tibet.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

November 5th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Veteran
mmmmm... I'd really like some celestial seasonings red zinger, but apparently some of the ingredients aren't approved ( like hibiscus). maybe I'll need to research more.
November 5th, 2013, 10:26 AM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
I really want sangria....I don't eat a whole lot of deli meat, but when I do, I don't bother to heat it. That's just gross to me. It isn't the same once its cooked. Its so rare that I just take my chances.
AtomicMama likes this.

November 5th, 2013, 10:52 AM
trusting and believing
would really like a turkey sandwich (deli turkey)

Mom to one son born December 2010 and expecting another little guy June 16, 2014!
November 5th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Veteran
Margaritas! Although if I had one in front of me, I am not sure I could drink it (if it was allowed). Last night I went to my neighborhood LCR game (kind of like bunko) and had to ask one of the other ladies to move her red wine glass because the smell was making me ill.
November 5th, 2013, 11:58 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Most Herbal Teas are totally fine, and some are even highly recommended during pregnancy

I'm bad. I absolutely had deli meat for lunch. I was out running errands and the only thing that sounded good was Jimmy Johns. So I got a turkey lettuce wrap. And it was amazing, and thus far, it's the first thing I've kept down (knock on wood) in close to a week, so I'll take it. I'll aslo eat sushi, just very little. And I only eat steak rare, so I don't know that I'd be able to change that either.

Right now, I just miss the ability to stomach most food

November 5th, 2013, 01:03 PM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
I still eat deli meat cold when I'm in the mood. Hot slimy meat is disgusting! There's not really anything I would eat or drink normally that I can't have while pregnant.
njkatc likes this.

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
November 5th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't follow any of the pregnancy food rules. I eat whatever sounds good at the time. However I don't do alcohol while pregnant and I would love a glass of wine.
njkatc and Demetria like this.

November 5th, 2013, 02:53 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
Not much sounds good to me today, but we are having BLT's for dinner. Hoping those go down. I haven't thrown up today though, which is improvement!

Last week I tried to steal a sip of SO's hard cider, and it tasted absolutely DISGUSTING to me. I usually adore the stuff, so it is no problem at all to avoid alcohol now. Chocolate is still calling my name, but it makes me feel so sick, that I am avoiding it.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
November 5th, 2013, 06:53 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Coffee. Real, fully caffeinated coffee. I miss that the most.

Okay, I'm a pregnancy food rule follower. Don't eat deli meat, certain soft cheeses, or drink tea. But......according to the author of "Bringing Up Bebe" (which is the true story of an American preggo living in Paris), French doctors do NOT restrict any food or beverages. They tell their patients to use common sense -- like if you're going to eat sushi, make sure it's good quality and not from a hole-in-the-wall type of place.....have half a glass of wine to celebrate, not half a bottle.....things like that. They also tell their patients to only gain 25 pounds -- and shockingly -- most women stick with that weight gain, probably because nothing is off limits and so cravings aren't as bad.

Just some "food for thought"
November 5th, 2013, 06:55 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel your pain. There is hummus in the fridge calling my name but it gives me wicked heartburn.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

November 6th, 2013, 03:32 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
everything LOL.... I was already diagnosed as gestational diabetic (they ruled out Type 2 since my a1c is very low), so I just want CARBS! LOL...and a cold deli sandwich. I follow the rules of food/drink during pregnancy...I lost two early on, and one at 23 weeks so I am not taking any chances.

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
November 7th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdaiwa24 View Post
according to the author of "Bringing Up Bebe" (which is the true story of an American preggo living in Paris), French doctors do NOT restrict any food or beverages. They tell their patients to use common sense -- like if you're going to eat sushi, make sure it's good quality and not from a hole-in-the-wall type of place.....have half a glass of wine to celebrate, not half a bottle.....things like that. They also tell their patients to only gain 25 pounds -- and shockingly -- most women stick with that weight gain
So, I'm an American living in Paris and I can tell you the part about no food restrictions here isn't true. I've already been given food restrictions from my doc. And my maternity clinic website has a page of food advice including restrictions: no shellfish, no deli meats, no raw fish, and no raw milk products (unpasteurized cheese is big in France).

No one has discussed alcohol consumption with me, but I can say that amongst my French friends they do stop drinking while pregnant. Although I think some probable do imbibe just a little on special occasions. The big issue here is to get people to stop smoking. There are SO many smokers.

The not gaining more than 25 pounds part is true. I don't really know how much people are actually gaining (its just not a question I've asked), but pretty much everyone looks just about the same as their non-pregnant selves except for having little baby bumps.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search