Unmentioned appointment today...Just got home.

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes
  • 2 Post By Demetria
  • 1 Post By mrsdaiwa24
  • 1 Post By Wish44
  • 1 Post By EllaKittson
  • 1 Post By moxiemommie
  • 1 Post By Justjessie
  • 1 Post By RunningMommyTo5
  • 1 Post By MarchMom2007
  • 3 Post By TiggersMommy
  • 1 Post By AllyTales
  • 1 Post By AtomicMama
  • 1 Post By Mel S
  • 1 Post By rabbitranch
  • 1 Post By susie_q

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Well I didn't post this appointment on the appointment calendar because it was not a routine or normal appointment. My pap came back abnormal , from my first visit and I have been on edge since. I thought that it was maybe the ongoing brown spotting that I have been having that was causing the problem, and I was very nervous about it. Dr. Google was a great comfort and a great source of anxiety. I had to have a colposcopy and thankfully everything was perfect and normal with my cells. I just have to have a repeat pap after delivery!

I mentioned to her that I was still having the spotting but its at a very little minimum now, and I did have a little bit of dull pains in my vag area/cervix. So she said she was going to check with the ultrasound tech to see if she could squeeze me in for a scan. My cervix is still closed and long, and I got to see the little one again! I couldn't see much, because the images weren't as clear but I did see some tiny little arms and the baby was wiggling from left to right as if it was dancing. OMG it was the cutest thing ever. I have an anterior placenta, as I did with Ava and Baby heartrate was a perfect 163 I will post photos in my ultrasound thread as soon as photobucket is done with their site maintenance!

I go back on the 21st for my NT scan, I will be 12 weeks 2 days then.
Fall and MrsPalumbo like this.
November 5th, 2013, 04:12 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Glad that everything is alright with baby but I'm sorry you had to go in. Hope the pains end for you soon!
Demetria likes this.
November 5th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Thanks Amy! I have no idea what was going on, it was like round ligament but in an odd area. It was going on this afternoon but not for long, although I thought it was worth mentioning to the OB.
November 5th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So glad all went well!
Demetria likes this.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

November 5th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Regular
Im very happy to hear you and baby are okay!
Demetria likes this.

Expecting my first baby in June 2014!! Excited to meet my little girl Rorie Mae!!
November 5th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad everything was well with baby!!!! Sorry to hear about your pap, both mine with ry and luke were abnormal, but they didnt do a copal until after I had them. This is the first one that has been normal!
Demetria likes this.

November 5th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I had an abnormal pap once, the colposcopy, everything...just had to be monitored more closely for a few months. Since you're pregnant anyway, they'll be watching you closely.

Glad you got to see the baby!!! I can't wait for pics!
Demetria likes this.
November 5th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Thanks ladies! I think I did a pretty good job at not freaking myself out too much! I was so relieved when she said everything looked normal!
November 5th, 2013, 06:49 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Oh my! How scary. I would have been anxious, too. I'm so glad to hear that everything is ok. And YAY for getting a peak at the baby again!!!!
Demetria likes this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

November 5th, 2013, 06:50 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
Wow! How scary to have to go through, but I am so glad all was well in the end. I can't wait to see pics of baby!!!
Demetria likes this.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
November 5th, 2013, 11:02 PM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Happy to hear baby is doing A OK!

I had an abnormal pap when I was 19, went for the colposcopy, and then had cryotherapy to clear up the abnormalities. All clear paps since then. Abnormal paps are pretty common and most issues clear on their own. A perinatologist told me recently that some OB/Gyns are moving away from giving teenagers pap smears because they so often lead to unnecessary procedures.

One thing I read when I was researching child birth during my last pregnancy was that there's some evidence to suggest that cervical cell abnormalities & cryotherapy are associated with "failure to progress" because there's some scar tissue on the cervix that needs to be kinda broken up before the cervix can fully dilate. Some docs & MWs know to look for this and can actually physically break up the scar tissue. That doesn't sound fun ... Another treatment is applying evening primrose oil (EPO) to the cervix in the few weeks leading up to the birth. EPO doesn't put you into labor. It's thought to soften the cervical tissue making it easier to dilate when the time comes. I started using it at 36 weeks and dilated beautifully. Maybe my saving grace. Maybe a coincidence. Don't know. Just thought I'd share that since I saw you posted about a VBAC.

November 6th, 2013, 06:07 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
I've known lots of people to have abnormal paps, I have a friend that literally has one every pap smear. It's unnerving, though, for sure. I'm so glad all is OK, and that you got to see the little one <3
Demetria likes this.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
November 6th, 2013, 06:54 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
How scary! I'm so glad that everything came back good, though, and that baby is looking great!! Hopefully all the spotting and pain goes away soon.
Demetria likes this.

November 6th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Super Mommy
I'm glad all turned out ok - that must have given you quite the scare though.
Demetria likes this.
November 6th, 2013, 07:38 AM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
So glad the news was good at your follow-up, and you got to see your little one wiggling around!
Demetria likes this.

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
November 6th, 2013, 09:12 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
Glad to hear the baby is okay!
Demetria likes this.

November 6th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I actually went through all of that back in march. They will just watch you closely until your paps are normal again. I'm soo glad that you got to see baby. Sounds like it ended up being a great appointment!

November 6th, 2013, 04:20 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad everything is OK and yay for seeing baby!

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search