Who has gotten their flu shot?

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Justjessie
  • 1 Post By MommaHarvey
  • 3 Post By JoannaEvelyn06
  • 1 Post By Wish44

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2013, 04:40 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got mine 2 days before I found out I was pregnant =) I usually wouldn't get one (we get SICK every time we get a flu shot ~ I'm sure it's a coincidence), but it's mandatory for my job (I work with children).

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
November 5th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I work with children too (teacher) but I don't like shots so I never get one =)

Just gonna cross fingers that everyone stays healthy. I do have a crazy neat class, and they disinfect their desks often and are good about handwashing. That's a plus =)
Demetria likes this.
November 5th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
I don't get the flu shot, ever, but we have all managed to avoid the flu. My son is school age and as Angela said they are so persistent now about everyone washing hands, sanitizing hands, and using tissues, etc in his classroom. Sick kids stay home as long as possible but it has not been a huge break out here. I am crossing my fingers that we have another good year.
November 5th, 2013, 05:54 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I don't get one usually either, and don't plan to this winter. We all had the flu last winter, but it was pretty mild. Crossing my fingers that we have a repeat or better yet, avoid it altogether.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
November 5th, 2013, 06:13 PM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
I got it. I had a horrible flu when I was a student teacher and now I try to get it every year. Any of you that do get it be sure to get the preservative free one! 1.5 weeks before we found out I was at the doctors and they had to put off the flu shot because they didn't have the preservative free one and we were trying.

Excitedly Expecting #1 w/ PCOS around June 16, 2014
Adopted mom to DS (16)
November 5th, 2013, 06:46 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I'm waiting until I get out of the first trimester before I get one. I kept forgetting to schedule one for Betsy and now she's got the pneumonia, so she can't get one right now. I went out today and bought lots of hand sanitizer, Lysol, and other germ-fighting cleaning products. I'm hoping that she can get one soon and I can get one next month.
November 5th, 2013, 06:53 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ive never gotten it in my life and dont plan to start now. Any other vaccine I dont have a problem with usually.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

November 5th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got mine the first part of Oct. I work with chemo patients so I have to have mine pretty early in the year to get ahead of the curve. I can't take the chance of exposing any of my patients since they already are very immune suppressed.

My boys got heirs about 2wks ago, and the baby will go back for his booster on the 22nd.
HopefulMommy81 likes this.

November 5th, 2013, 09:51 PM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't typically get them as I've managed to avoid the flu for 31 years but I'm thinking about getting one because I can't afford to take any more time off between now and June. The flu would destroy me.

November 5th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No for me. I've never had one and I've never had the flu. I am however one of those anti-vaccination weirdos. Don't worry, I don't talk about it on JM.....it gets too heated
November 6th, 2013, 01:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I will not be getting a flu shot; I refused.
November 6th, 2013, 05:09 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm also in the no flu shot club. I've never had the shot, I've never had the flu.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
November 6th, 2013, 05:37 AM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
Heck no. We all got the flu a few years ago but I just see it as part of life.

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
November 6th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Super Mommy
I have historically gotten my flu shot if it was convenient....lol.

In the past I used to live across from a pharmacy that would have flu shot clinics for free at the beginning of the season so I'd just walk in and get it on my way home. Now that I've moved provinces it's a bit different - there is a cost (although minimal), but it's also harder to find locations that give them.

Ultimately I do think I will get one, it's just the matter of when. I will be flying next weekend, so part of me wants it before that (and there's a clinic at work today) - but on the other hand I feel as though I should wait for the second trimester.

Gah, I don't know. I will go talk with the people at the clinic here and see what they say...
November 6th, 2013, 06:36 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I've never gotten one. I usually get the flu, but it's always mild. I don't plan to get it this year, either.

November 6th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've never gotten one and never really been a believer. However, I was talked into it at my appointment last week. Because we have moved and live far away from family, we fly home a few times a month. The doctor scared me telling me about all the germs on planes and how dangerous the flu can be for a pregnant woman. I got the shot and haven't had any problems.
HopefulMommy81 likes this.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

Last edited by Wish44; November 6th, 2013 at 07:24 AM.
November 6th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not big on vaccines myself either and have decided to skip out on it as well - I haven't had the flu shot in years.

November 6th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Veteran
I got mine probably a month ago. I'm a NICU nurse, so we don't get a choice. Either you get the flu shot or you wear a mask for 4 months. Yuck! My husband is on immunosuppressants, too, so I guess I would have had to get one anyhow. Oh well, I guess no more skipping for me :-P.

-Loretta
November 6th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I stopped getting them a few years ago and stopped getting them for my kids. We haven't had the flu since we stopped getting the shots. I didn't have a choice before that the military just gives you one weather you like it or not.

November 6th, 2013, 03:03 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Annalise got hers in early September, DH got his a few weeks ago, and I will get mine soon. I work in a Childrens Hospital and it is mandatory. I have never had a problem from it, besides soreness at the injection site, but I want to wait until we see a heartbeat. Makes little sense, but oh well LOL

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search