My Ultrasound Update

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RunningMommyTo5

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2013, 10:16 PM
JackieV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry for late update ladies. I fell asleep at 6:00 pm tonight And I will be headed back to bed shortly, its 11:00 pm here now.

Anywho - Had my dating ultrasound today. I am measuring 6w3d. Saw baby, as I posted in the gallery. I have to go back next Friday for a viability re-check. The HB was only 61 bpm. my OB said that everything could end up being just fine, but I am still nervous. This is what happened when I had my miscarriage in September. However, last time, the faint HB wasn't even measurable. This time it was. I actually SAW the beat movement on the ultrasound screen… That was amazing. I had not seen that before!

So, I have to go back next friday, november 15. Dr said the best outcome will be baby is growing and there will be a normal strong HB. However, it is possible baby will continue to grow and still have a "slow" HB. If that is the case then my OB will have to run tests on me to see if there is something in my blood/body that is causing a low HB rate. Worst case, the heart will stop beating between now and then…causing another miscarriage and D&C….

Obviously, I am hoping for the best. Thanks for listening to my tired ranting…I'm going back to bed now!
November 7th, 2013, 03:18 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
Oh, how hard! I am sorry things didn't go better and you have to wait to find out if all is well. I will be sending good thoughts your way and anxiously awaiting an update.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
November 7th, 2013, 06:13 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I hate that you are in limbo and waiting to know more. *hugs* That is the worst!!!! Just to encourage you, with DS2 I had some spotting and they brought me in a little over 5wks. Fetal pole, no HB seen yet. A week later (a little over 6wks), the HB was about 80bpm. They told me this was slow, but not uncommon for a heart that just began beating. There was some concern about it being slow, but my MW stressed to me to not get upset that this happens a lot. A week more, 7wks, he had a nice strong normal HB and he's a healthy 5yr old today to prove it! I know it's going to be a long week for you. Praying right now!!!!
susie_q likes this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

November 7th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, no... Well lots of prayers and hopefully you will have good news on the 15th! Im so sorry you are going through this *hugs*

November 7th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Super Mommy
*hugs*

I can only imagine the stress you must be feeling right now.

Try to stay positive, you saw a hb - so that's a good thing! I hope that when you go back next week it's stronger and the baby is bigger; please keep us posted.
November 7th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Super Mommy
JackieV I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope for the best for you! Since you got to see the heartbeat this time I bet on the 15th it will be normal! Hugs to you!
November 7th, 2013, 10:28 AM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
Sending lots of t&ps!!!!

November 7th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
My thoughts are with you right now!! 6w3d is still pretty early for a heartbeat, and I thought they all started out slow and got faster over the following week? Hoping you get some reassurance and everything turns out perfect soon!!!

November 7th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Hopefully things will pick up and be perfect for you Jackie!! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you sweetie!!
November 7th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Lots of thoughts and prayers for you
November 7th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Thanks ladies I appreciate all of the kind words and crossed appendages! I am going to do my very best to stay as positive as possible... It's all I can do, right! Here's to waiting another 8 days to see if it's still a viable pregnancy
November 7th, 2013, 01:31 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Oh no, Jackie! I'm so sorry that you are stuck in limbo! Praying that baby grows and thrives and has a strong, strong heartbeat next apt. I've heard stories of women going in early in the 6th week and not seeing a heart beat at all and going in again a week or two later to see a perfectly healthy, growing baby with a strong heartbeat. I truly hope that is the case for you, that it's just early and that baby grows and develops and looks perfect when you go back!

November 7th, 2013, 02:50 PM
jjustice12's Avatar Super Mommy
I will be prayin for u and your sticky beautiful bean.

DS-Jesus (a.k.a J)-14yrs
DD-Heaven-12yrs
DD-Justice-8yrs
DD-Hope-4yrs
-8/2000 -9/2000 -7/25/2013
November 7th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Regular
Praying and hoping for the best!!

Expecting my first baby in June 2014!! Excited to meet my little girl Rorie Mae!!
November 7th, 2013, 06:39 PM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sending lots of thoughts and prayer for you and your baby.

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
November 8th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Thank you
November 8th, 2013, 09:40 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
Lots of hugs and thoughts and positive thoughts your way for you and the babe! It is exciting that you got to see the heartbeat!

November 11th, 2013, 02:49 AM
Veteran
Hoping for this to turn out well for you. Come on little heartbeat, keep going stronger.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search