Update on spotting/work vent

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Veteran
You may remember I went to the Dr Friday and had a great apt followed by spotting all weekend.
Monday morning I called my Dr back and they said to come on in since I had passed several pea sized clots. I was at work when I called them and had to tell my boss what was going on so she could have someone cover my room. They did an ultrasound and the baby looked great! It had measured at 6w 1d with a HR of 110 BPM on Friday and on Monday it measured at 6w 4d and it's little HR was up to 128 BPM! So that helped me calm down and the spotting had almost stopped and was all brown.
I went straight back to work and my boss had already the other 5 people that work there that I was pregnant! I was ticked because our families dont know yet but they said they would keep it quiet for me.

Tuesday after work I had to go to a 3 hour long class and when I got home I went to the bathroom and there was a pretty moderate amount of red blood. I panicked and texted my boss and told her I was going to call my Doctor first thing in the morning and would need someone to come in for me. Wednesday morning I called and left a message for my DR. The bleeding stopped almost immediately the night before so I was pretty calm and just waited for a call back. She finally called me back and told me to just come on by and she would work me in. She looked at my cervix and said there didn't appear to be any reason for my off and on bleeding I was then sent for another ultrasound and the baby was hiding in a hard to see spot lol but it's little heart was pumping away at 134 BPM. The ultrasound didn't show and source of the bleeding either.

My doctor advised me to stay home for a few days and just take it easy so I got an excuse for Wed-Fri. When I got in the car I texted my boss that my Dr wanted me off work until Monday her response was "Well that will make it hard on me but I guess ..." Really?
She went from being all nice to being completely cold and hateful. Then she had the nerve to tell me I had to bring her a paper today! The paper isn't even due until December so I just e-mailed it to the owner of the center.

Dh was not happy about the way she has been acting and told me if I wanted to put my 2 week notice in when I go back Monday. I had planned on working until our boys go on Christmas break and giving her a good 4 week notice but after this I am not sure I want to be there that long.

I go back on Thursday for a regular apt hopefully this little baby will not give us any more scares between now and then.
DH has been amazing through this all and was asking last night if the baby can hear him yet and was throwing out baby names!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took those days off work and the spotting stopped Thursday. I had a busy weekend and no problems whatsoever. I went back to work today and tried to take it easy while there. Just went to the bathroom tonight and there is a very small amount of pink!! I called my husband who is at work and talked with him about the whole situation and decided that I am going to put my notice in tomorrow morning. I wanted to wait until closer to Christmas for the extra money but my heart is telling me to get out of there because there is something causing this. I don't know if it is the stress of something in the environment but I don't want to risk anything.

Mommy of two Boys
Expecting Baby Boy #3!!

Angel in Heaven 7/2013

Last edited by Mommy2JH; November 11th, 2013 at 07:30 PM. Reason: *Update**
November 7th, 2013, 07:36 PM
jjustice12's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm sorry your going through this. I hope the bleeding stays away. And your boss is an ***!! My boss can be like that too. I work 7 days a week for her an she complains when I ask for a day off. :/ I'll be prayin for u and your lil bean.

DS-Jesus (a.k.a J)-14yrs
DD-Heaven-12yrs
DD-Justice-8yrs
DD-Hope-4yrs
-8/2000 -9/2000 -7/25/2013
November 7th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Marissa's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa's Mommy
That's good they weren't able to find anything and baby keeps getting stronger. I get it about your boss. My old boss was like that. Has she ever had kids?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature!
November 8th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Well what a crappy boss! Its good that you have the option to leave and that you have support at home. It would be hard for me to deal with having to feel resented at work.
November 8th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Super Mommy
Well that stinks that she is not being very nice! Congrats on the strong, increasing heartbeat though! (())

Mom of two TEENAGE girls, 16 and 13.
Triple Negative Breast Cancer Survivor
DX date Nov 20, 2009
Chemo date Jan. 11, 2010
Bilateral mast. March 16, 2010
Exchange tissue expanders September 28, 2010
Expecting the UNEXPECTED but very much wanted little bundle June 28, 2014
I just might be to old for this!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

November 8th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So glad that the bleeding isnt due to baby, but its kind of strange as far as they couldnt see where its coming from... I would be freaking out, so I can only imagine this is driving you insane. But at least the baby is healthy and strong! I understand when a Boss is bummed, but things come up. It isnt like you are "playing hooky" or not doing your job well, its a medical situation! My boss during the time I was pregnant with Luke was not a great one. At 6.5 mos pregnant my co-worker complained, because they had me stand on a step ladder, with a mop, trying to scrub off mildew on the bathroom ceiling, and I kept getting winded and couldnt do it. So Boss actually repremanded me for it! I finally just ended up quitting, when Luke was 8 mos old. I tried to go back and make it work but this particular co-worker, was doing drugs and stealing from clients and no matter how many times anyone reported her, the Boss would "sweep it under the rug" so to speak. It wasnt worth the risk. I would have rather been poor.

November 8th, 2013, 11:57 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Oh wow, I'm sorry your boss is acting that way. If you were planning to be done at Christmas time anyway, I might just go ahead and put in your two weeks. Frustrating!

I'm so glad baby is doing well and the bleeding is seeminly unrelated. Hopefully it stops and you have no more scares!

November 8th, 2013, 02:35 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
So glad to hear that the baby is doing great! Hope the bleeding stops for good so you can relax about that. I can't believe your boss, how crappy of her! I would probably just go ahead and quit, too. It's not worth the stress for another month or so of that mess!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

November 8th, 2013, 05:15 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Yay that baby is doing alright. Boo for a crummy unsupportive boss.
November 9th, 2013, 06:34 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry your boss is no longer understanding I had bleeding with DD at 18 weeks and they never found the cause....so scary and frustrating. Hope you're able to rest this weekend and baby continues to look good!

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
November 9th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Veteran
Thank you all! The bleeding/spotting finally stopped a couple days ago. I dread going back to work Monday, especially since my morning sickness has hit full force since I have been out. I was so nice to take my kids to school Friday come home and take half a Phenergan and sleep and feel good during the day. I woke up at 12:30 and I never sleep during the day lol
My poor DH has been such a trooper and had crackers and ginger ale waiting as soon as I woke up!

Mommy of two Boys
Expecting Baby Boy #3!!

Angel in Heaven 7/2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search