OT- Joint birthday party with ex tonight

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By RunningMommyTo5
  • 3 Post By moxiemommie
  • 3 Post By Marissa's Mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Marissa's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa's Mommy
Tonight for the first time my ex and I are double hosting my DDs birthday party. It was his idea and I suspect his only intention was so we could split the cost but I agreed to not start conflict. I am super anxious about it. I am ok with his family but this is the first time my husband and his family will be joining in on something like this. DH will feel out of place like he can't run around and help DD with games and I just think it will be awkward all around. The party is at chuck e cheese and they sell beer. Giving up alcohol was not hard for me but boy do I wish I could drink tonight lol. For sure!!
Plus none of his family know I am pregnant so i sure hope they don't offer.
Wish me luck I make it through this!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature!
November 8th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Oh wow, I hope the time passes quickly, that would be a totally awkward situation to be in, so I don't blame you for being nervous about the whole thing.
November 8th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
GOOD LUCK!!! That must be hard!!
My son's bday party is tomorrow and my ex, my BF, and I had considered inviting my ex for a split second; because he's also new to NY and has no family or friends here. But we all decided it would be too awkward because my family is coming in from out of state (they hate my ex) and my BF's family will be there also. It would have only been just to save money.. but I figured I might as well suck up the cost and have fun instead.

November 8th, 2013, 03:41 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Hope all goes well and the awkwardness is minimal! Kudos to you for agreeing to do a joint party. In the end, if your DD doesn't notice any tension and has a great time, then it will be an awesome memory for her of everyone being together, even if it is a little awkward for the adults!
moxiemommie likes this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

November 8th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thats really good. Even if your Ex is only doing it to help with the cost, it is important for kids to see their parents able to interact with each other, esp for things like birthdays or the holidays. I think your daughter will really appreciate it when she is older. I know it maybe awkward for you but fortunately these things are only once a year. Kudos to you and your DH for doing a joint b-day. Good luck and I hope it turns out to be fun and not too much stress. *Bighugs* Its really great that you can do that for your daughter.

November 8th, 2013, 06:13 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Moxiemommie said it perfectly. Good luck tonight!
November 8th, 2013, 07:22 PM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
I really hope it goes great, and you guys are pretty awesome to even try something that you know will be uncomfortable.

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
November 8th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Marissa's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa's Mommy
Went great. The worst part of the party actually turned out to be my friend making a stupid comment when we were figuring out how to pay the bill "it's amazing you too even got along well enough to have sex to make a kid" We weren't even arguing at that point just trying to figure out how to split since I had already put the deposit down. And who even says that in public?? I thought DH was gonna snap out at her. My ex just said wow sure Bryan really wanted to hear that. But otherwise great night.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature!
November 9th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thats great! Other than your friend making a stupid comment... did she drink any beer? Maybe the alcohol made her stupid enough to say that out loud...Im glad you guys had a good time! Did your daughter have fun? I would assume she did, and that she probably really enjoyed having both of you there. Maybe its a start of a new b-day tradition??? But seriously thats really awesome. So glad everything worked out for the better!

November 9th, 2013, 07:27 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad it went well, and I agree that it is great for your daughter to see you coming together for her even though you guys didn't work out.

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search