I spilled a few beans...

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Demetria
  • 1 Post By Justjessie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I ended up telling my MIL and SFIL (step-father in law) yesterday when they came down to visit. It was kind of a surprise because they didnt follow up during the week and as of last sat it was only a maybe that they were coming. But we got everything done, clean, and we had a good time with them. She was very happy, although thought I needed a break and to get settled- since our other two are so close (15mos apart) She wasnt discouraging or anything, and is very happy and excited about the gender reveal, although is insisting to come to the little courthouse wedding ( that we arranged because we pushed the "big" wedding back a year) I was going to have it be jst me and Brian, since we dont get much alone time together, but I understand her wanting to be there. My SFIL is excited because Im due the day after his bday. He said hopefully its a girl this time LOL! The only thing I worry about is that my mom will want to be at the courthouse wedding, if she finds out Brians mom is going.. We dont have the best relationship in the world and any time I go with her anywhere it ends up being more stressful and not enjoyable. Im also nervous about telling my momabout baby because with Ryan she said something along the lines of "Really, and you are keeping it?" And with Luke she said something about "Wow its so soon, I have to think about this" - Like you have a say? Im having a freaking baby! But when she said that about Ryan, Brian really put her in her place when he found out. He was really upset she said it in that way, when I was already worried about jow we were going to support the baby financially. But it was nice because he stood up for me. I hoping she will be okay with it this time around because we no longer are on any aid like Foodstamps and WIC, but I was very happy that it was there when we really needed it with Ryan. (Also VERY happy to be off of it)

On a better note, I figured out how Im going to "tell" everyone else on Thanksgiving about baby. I decided to take one of the Mamas cute "Big" brother" shirt ideas. Im going to put Ryan in a shirt that says big brother, so people will look at Lukes shirt, which will also say big brother. Im hoping someone will catch on. If not MIL will probably say Oh look at Lukes shirt, are you trying to tell us something- IF no one notices LOL.

November 10th, 2013, 05:21 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm glad it went well with them! Hopefully your moms reaction is better than you assume it will be But if not, that's her problem.. right?

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
November 10th, 2013, 12:40 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I like your idea of the shirts. Hope everything goes well when you officially tell them!
November 10th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Thats so nice that you have supportive Inlaws! I am happy for you that it went well. I hope all goes well with your mom. I don't blame your DH, that comment was waaaay out of line!! Maybe this time around she will be better at not being so judgmental and will decide to be supportive instead. Hugs!!!
moxiemommie likes this.
November 10th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
Moms get over stuff, it just sucks that they piss in our pool sometimes. Hopefully she's happy so you don't have to stress...and I can't wait to her about your Thanksgiving reveal =)
moxiemommie likes this.
November 10th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Super Mommy
glad it went well! I can't wait to hear all about Thanksgiving!

Mom of two TEENAGE girls, 16 and 13.
Triple Negative Breast Cancer Survivor
DX date Nov 20, 2009
Chemo date Jan. 11, 2010
Bilateral mast. March 16, 2010
Exchange tissue expanders September 28, 2010
Expecting the UNEXPECTED but very much wanted little bundle June 28, 2014
I just might be to old for this!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search