A little background on me!

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Super Mommy
Since you all are so nice and welcoming, and we are talking about in laws I fee like sharing.

We don't talk to any of my husbands family at all besides one brother. My husbands dad died with complications from Lung cancer in May 2007.

When I first found out I was having a girl with my first my MIL didn't want to know if she was healthy all she wanted to know if it was a boy. We told her it was a girl and she said oh, I already have my two gdaughters. I don't want another one.

So fast forward. She has treated my girls like crap. Would never let them go to church with them or stay the night. The other gkids always got better gifts and all kinds of unfair stuff.

After several years she would never be happy. So we just stopped talking to her. Last May we let our girls go to her house for their cousin graduation party. MIL faked cry,(oh she did this ALL the time) that it was so good to have them back in her house they would have to do it more often. Well 2 weeks later was my oldest 16 bday. No card, no nothing!~ SHE IS SUCH A HAG!!!

So over the weekend my hubby went grocery shopping and saw his mom in the store. He went up to her(hasn't talked to her in 7 years) and said hi and asked her how she was doing. The you know what kept walking!!!! It was a HUGE deal for my husband to actually talk to her. There has been other opportunities but he didn't want to talk to her. I think he wanted to extend the olive branch since I am pregnant or because of the upcoming holiday. They always had huge holiday gatherings. Plus his dad's bday is Nov 30.

I feel bad for my hubby. Right after I had a miscarriage in 2008 my husbands younger brother, (the one we don't talk to) his wife got pregnant and had a boy

There has been so many other hurtful things she has done. I have no desire to be around her. She wasn't happy when we got married (picked a fight with my on my wedding day). Wasn't happy when we built our house(never wanted to come look at it) and didn't come help my husband when I had cancer. I didn't want help from her but geeez not to help her gkids nor her son? Oh and her mom dies of breast cancer/lung cancer! thank for listening!!

Mom of two TEENAGE girls, 16 and 13.
Triple Negative Breast Cancer Survivor
DX date Nov 20, 2009
Chemo date Jan. 11, 2010
Bilateral mast. March 16, 2010
Exchange tissue expanders September 28, 2010
Expecting the UNEXPECTED but very much wanted little bundle June 28, 2014
I just might be to old for this!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

November 11th, 2013, 08:32 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I am so incredibly sorry that they treat you and your girls like this. I know that ultimately you'd like them to incorporate your daughters into their world, perhaps it's really truly for the best that you cut them out of your lives. Your daughters deserve so much better.
November 11th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Wow, what a tough situation to be in! I have to agree with Amy that its better to just walk away from that situation. Your girls really do not need to have someone in their lives that is only going to make them feel rejected. Even though she may not see it now, but its her loss!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search