whats you take on caffiene, and what have you been able to stomach lately?

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I stopped drinking caffeine back wen I had my miscarriage in June and haven't had any since unless it's naturally occurring like chocolate lol
November 12th, 2013, 05:06 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I gave it up during the first trimester with DD and had almost gotten through this first trimester without it. I had a borderline migraine (not a "bad headache -- we're in the process of trying to figure out if these are in fact migraines) over the weekend and since I can't take any meds, I was desperate for some relief. I had 1/3 cup regular caffeinated coffee with the normal decaf and it did help yesterday, so I did it again this morning.

PS -- the headaches aren't caffeine withdrawl. I haven't had a real, full cup of coffee since I found out I was pregnant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFireFly View Post
it's naturally occurring like chocolate lol
Yeah, I never consider chocolate to be true caffeine. Something so good can't be so evil.....
November 12th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Veteran
I usually drink two blue monsters a day, so I've cut back as well as I can. On a normal day I have my morning cup of coffee, and then usually a can of coke zero sometime later in the morning. The next step is to drop the coke, but it really helps when I'm feeling quesy, and that's really only mornings for me. I really don't function well without a morning cup of coffee (I'm not a morning person), but I'm going to try to give it up for the second and third trimester. I've already got one kiddo with ADHD, so despite there being zero medical research tying the two together, I'm all about doing any sort of finger crossing to prevent that with child #3. :-P

-Gypsy
November 12th, 2013, 06:52 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I cannot drink any type of coffee with this one. Just talking about it is making me gag

However fountain soda, coke or sprite, is my go-to when feeling really crappy. I dont stress too much. At most I have one cup a day. Everything in moderation as my midwife says.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

November 13th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have been able to stomach ginger ale and coconut water and for some weird reason if I'm at work I can only stomach ice water....

I just ordered all my herbs to start making my pregnancy blend tea which I will make into an ice tea to drink daily
November 13th, 2013, 04:51 AM
dee.76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't stomach the smell of coffee now... Which is sad .. Because I work night shift and it's killing me!!! ... I've even tried decaf ... Blegh!!! The smell is disgusting to me!!!... I have been drinking hot milo though ( for those not familiar with it... It might be an Aussie thing... It's pretty much hot chocolate)... Which probably isn't hugely good for me either.. But pft...

My appetite has come back since nearly all my ms has gone!!! ... I wads getting sick of vegemite on toast I tell ya!!! And toasted cheese sandwiches.... Lol
moxiemommie likes this.

November 13th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by toasterbell View Post
I usually drink two blue monsters a day, so I've cut back as well as I can. On a normal day I have my morning cup of coffee, and then usually a can of coke zero sometime later in the morning. The next step is to drop the coke, but it really helps when I'm feeling quesy, and that's really only mornings for me. I really don't function well without a morning cup of coffee (I'm not a morning person), but I'm going to try to give it up for the second and third trimester. I've already got one kiddo with ADHD, so despite there being zero medical research tying the two together, I'm all about doing any sort of finger crossing to prevent that with child #3. :-P

-Gypsy
Totally understand. We havent had him evaluated but we are pretty our first (hes 3) has ADHD. He took my DF's white mocha off the table drank it and went to sleep within the first 30 min, possibly before that. He almost always goes to sleep right after he has had any type of coffee (We dont give him coffee, he likes it so he will grab it off the table if anyone has their cup down.) My DF also has ADHD, and the same thing happens to him, coffee caffiene makes him tired, ginsing wakes him up. The funny thingis I never had caffiene wit hwhile I was pregnant with Ryan. Well-- I did have a hotfudge sunday ONCE and twice I had chocolate chip cookies, but yeah, I hardly even ate chocolate. I have a feeling it was probably passed down from DF... If he is hes fairly mild though, he just loves to do things, he helps ouit, is very independent. He even gets my 2 year old changed and dressed! Hes a good kid.

November 13th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Super Mommy
I am being mindful that 200mg is the recommended daily max for us preggos.

I was a huge coffee drinker and was still getting a cup of decaf in the mornings up until about a month ago when the idea of coffee becase extremely unappealing. The majority of my caffeine intake is in chocolate, and even then I may get 50mg as I'm not a big chocolate fan (if it's in front of me I eat it, but I don't go out of my way to get any).

As for what I can stomache lately - I have been lucky and don't have morning sickness to the extent many of you have, but I do have aversions. I am loving carbs WAY too much, but am finding it hard to eat the same food two days in a row, what sounds good one day is off the table the next.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search