whats you take on caffiene, and what have you been able to stomach lately?

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wondering what everyones take on caffiene was? With my first I didnt have any caffiene at all. Luke I had some very occasionally. With this one, Ive been slightly bad. Last week I was so tired whne we were grocery shopping brian bought me a tall (small) white mocha from starbucks, it was delicious and got me through grocery shopping. Yesterday I was dying for a sweet tea from mc donalds - but in all fairness I packed my cup with ice before filling it.

What has everyone been able to keep down? Im still having a love affair with pasta with butter and parm cheese and icecream. (Not in the same bowl LOL) I do try to eat veggies at least once a day.

November 12th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll drink it if I want it. Usually it's just on the weekends. I think I had 2 Dr. Peppers this past weekend. Last weekend when I was out of town (we ate out a ton) I had several soda's/tea's. If I drank more, I'd probably just try to limit myself to 1 a day.
November 12th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
I have not had any caffeine. Its hard. I love coffee.

As for eating, I think from now on, I will stick to making myself grilled cheese and nothing else, and note to myself to only eat ONE almost everything I eat makes me sick before during or after....and oh yeah, ice cream definitely works for me! lol
November 12th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have had caffeine with all my children. However I cut my intake down. Like this one I haven't given my coffee up but I have given soda up. My doctors have told me its fine just watch your intake. Just like with DS I was a smoker and they told me to slowly quick because going cold turkey is hard on your body and the baby.

November 12th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had any caffeine. It doesn't even sound good to me. Then again, not much sounds good. I like grilled cheese, but it's too much work to make. DH made it for me for dinner last night though. Other than that, I eat Goldfish, bagels, cheese, and grapes. Not healthy! I'm miserable though. I don't know what else to do!

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

November 12th, 2013, 10:47 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
My doctor told me last week that I can have coffee if I want. Coffee kinda turns my stomach but I've been having drinks with small amounts of caffeine without worrying.

And I've been able to keep foods down okay but all I want is cereal. Crunchy cereal with ice cold almond milk.

November 12th, 2013, 10:52 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been drinking a 6oz cup of coffee some mornings (not always in the mood) and not really any other caffeinated beverages. When I had my cold I was drinking tea. I was drinking about 2 6oz cups of coffee per day prior to the pregnancy, so I was not a huge coffee drinker to begin with but I was a regular.

Potatoes, clementines, apples, and grilled cheese have been the foods I can eat with no trouble.

November 12th, 2013, 11:20 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I'm drinking WAY less coffee than I did when I was pregnant with DS With DS, I found out I was pregnant late in the game, and my midwife said to just cut back, but not cut out, since the withdrawl could be bad, and that since I was past the first trimester, the biggest risk was out of the way anyway. I limited myself to about 6 cups (coffe pot cups, which are 6 oz, not like 6 big cups full) of coffee or 4 espresso shots a day (I had just left my job managing a coffee shop and was working as a bartender, so I had been drinking more than twice that a day before I found out).

With this pregnancy, I started out only drinking a couple cups a day. I'll still have 1 a day almost every day (I have to mix it with milk, cream, or cocoa, since black coffe, how I normally drink it, is so acidic it was making me throw up every time I drank it). Today I'm about to go for a second and may need another tonight because DH and I are going out to watch basketball games. I'm hoping if I space them out, it will be okay.

November 12th, 2013, 11:23 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
I still drink 1-2 cups a day. I have a slight aversion to it, so I can't always drink it. But I typically have at least 1.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
November 12th, 2013, 11:25 AM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No cravings, no food aversions yet......I drink about 1/2 a diet soda a day.....

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
November 12th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Veteran
I'm horrible in the morning until I have my coffee (just ask my husband). So I still have my morning cup, but that's it. I don't normally drink tea or soda anyway, so I'm not having any other caffeinated bevs.
November 12th, 2013, 11:38 AM
trusting and believing
With my first, I wanted some iced tea so bad. I told my doc at my 10 week appointment, and he and the nurse laughed and said iced tea was fine. The rule of thumb I've been given at my doc's office is that I can have one caffeinated drink a day. I am not a big caffeine drinker anyway, but I do like tea and an occasional soft drink. I have a drink a couple of times a week.
moxiemommie likes this.

Mom to one son born December 2010 and expecting another little guy June 16, 2014!
November 12th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
I am drinking one Orange Peko tea in the mornings at work, but I pull the bag out as soon as the cup is filled with hot water so it's really weak, and add lots of milk

I also was drinking a lot of gingerale to settle my tummy but I've tryed to replace that with a cup of hot water with a tiny slice of ginger brewed in it and some honey.
November 12th, 2013, 11:43 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Meh....if I want it, I drink it, LOL! I do switch to decaf if I get my Iced Mocha's from Starbucks, and I may have one or two Cherry Coke Zeros in a day if I want them. I cut out all caffeine (and everything "bad") with my first, and I've relaxed more with each. My MW is totally cool with caffeine in moderation, and says to try to stick to the higher of the recommended limit if I can, but she's not worried about me going over it every now and then. If it makes anyone feel better, my mom drank strong black coffee throughout all her pregnancies with me and my brothers and we were fairly big at birth, no issues ever. I'm not talking about a cup or two, either...I'm talking 2-3 POTS by herself a day, LOL!!!!

Eating at the moment is whatever I can keep down Not too healthy at the moment and it kills me, but there's not much I can do about it now. Grilled cheese, chips, salted tomato slices, iced coffee for calorie intake, nutrition bars (Balance Bars, Zone bars, whatever doesn't turn my stomach), spoonfuls of PB for calories throughout the day, and I bought some Ensure mix but it's entirely too sweet for me to drink right now.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

November 12th, 2013, 11:51 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningMommyTo5 View Post
Meh....if I want it, I drink it, LOL! I do switch to decaf if I get my Iced Mocha's from Starbucks, and I may have one or two Cherry Coke Zeros in a day if I want them. I cut out all caffeine (and everything "bad") with my first, and I've relaxed more with each. My MW is totally cool with caffeine in moderation, and says to try to stick to the higher of the recommended limit if I can, but she's not worried about me going over it every now and then. If it makes anyone feel better, my mom drank strong black coffee throughout all her pregnancies with me and my brothers and we were fairly big at birth, no issues ever. I'm not talking about a cup or two, either...I'm talking 2-3 POTS by herself a day, LOL!!!!

Eating at the moment is whatever I can keep down Not too healthy at the moment and it kills me, but there's not much I can do about it now. Grilled cheese, chips, salted tomato slices, iced coffee for calorie intake, nutrition bars (Balance Bars, Zone bars, whatever doesn't turn my stomach), spoonfuls of PB for calories throughout the day, and I bought some Ensure mix but it's entirely too sweet for me to drink right now.
I like your mom already

November 12th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had any caffeine but not because I am not allowing myself.. I just can't stomach it . I instantly feel sick from coffee.. even decaffeinated coffee *puke*. And I don't really drink any other caffeinated beverages so that's it for me.

As far as food.. I'm pretty much living off cereal.

November 12th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missymoos View Post
I am drinking one Orange Peko tea in the mornings at work, but I pull the bag out as soon as the cup is filled with hot water so it's really weak, and add lots of milk

I also was drinking a lot of gingerale to settle my tummy but I've tryed to replace that with a cup of hot water with a tiny slice of ginger brewed in it and some honey.
Gingerale is actually totally caffiene free! I drink it too, because it really helps with my stomach.
AtomicMama likes this.

November 12th, 2013, 01:22 PM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
I don't normally drink coffee, not since I was pregnant with DS. I just got turned off during that pregnancy and never went back. I started drinking iced coffees in August, but totally turned off from the coffee taste again. I normally drink tea, but have been drinking decaf which is normal for me unless I'm really feeling exhausted, but even then I only have one. I don't normally drink soda either.

All the carbs are so nice to me right now. I have a hard time with anything too slimy like yogurt - I now have to add granola to it. Really anything crunchy works really well right now. Mostly I'm nauseous and just nothing sounds good. I've been drinking protein shakes when I'm not interested in eating even though they say that they shouldn't be meal replacements when pregnant. I figure as long as I am not wanting to chew my arm off because I'm hungry I'm doing fine. I know it will all even out in the end. I was nauseous with DD until about 18 weeks before I was finally able to eat normally. Not that anyone wants to hear that it can last that long! I usually start out queasy and then force myself to eat and then remain queasy for quite a while.

November 12th, 2013, 01:26 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkatc View Post
I was nauseous with DD until about 18 weeks before I was finally able to eat normally. Not that anyone wants to hear that it can last that long! I usually start out queasy and then force myself to eat and then remain queasy for quite a while.

LOL! Unfortunately it can last a lot longer than that. BOOOO!!! With my DD it was literally up until the end. I was puking the day before I delivered her. I seriously hope that I nor anyone else here has to deal with it that long!
njkatc and moxiemommie like this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

November 12th, 2013, 04:31 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I have a large travel mug of decaf coffee every morning on my way into work, but that is it. I am so nervous about this little one, I tend to steer clear of anything that might affect him/her. I do cave for deli meat occasionally, but decaf is as wild as I get these days.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search