Aw man, why did I ask?

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By toasterbell

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Veteran
So, I found out yesterday at my ultrasound that I have a complete placenta previa. My OB didn't say anything about restrictions, except that I need to come in immediately for ANY bleeding. Unfortunately, the internet exists, and I scared the crap out of myself last night, so I called in to check whether I needed to be on any restrictions (I'm actually in shape for once, so I go to the gym and work out almost every day). I was on the phone with the nurse, and she was texting back and forth with the doctor for me.
My answer? No restrictions! Well, except for no sex and no heavy lifting. :-( Aw, man! The nurse said I can go to the gym and WALK on the treadmill. Lame! I'll follow orders, but I sure wish they'd said, "Oh, we only restrict people once they get to the second trimester". I guess it's not as bad as if they said I couldn't work (I'm a NICU nurse, so I'm on my feet moving around, reaching, and walking 12.5 hours a day). If that happens, I'll be totally and completely screwed. My husband got a heart transplant just over a year ago, and hasn't returned to work yet, so we'd be trying to live off only his disability check. I don't know. I guess it's not so much that I can't do what I want as that finding out I had restrictions meant that there really is something to worry about, and it's not just me having too much time to fixate on all the bad stuff that can happen. All my internet research has told me is that most of the time they move, but it seems to be much less likely that they move when they're centered right over the cervix, which mine is. *sigh* Wish me luck, guys!

-Gypsy
November 12th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I havent even heard of that! Im so sorry, not fun... but it will be worth it come june! Its going to be hard not dtd though.... but im sure you will find ways to spice it up I hope everything goes well ans u have a happy healthy 9mos

November 12th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I JUST read ip on it! That is pretty serious! *hugs* But everything should be okay as long as you follow restrictions. Is it possible to have a vaginal birth? Or is it almost indefinitely a c-section?

November 12th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've heard of it and had a scare with one kid. You'll most likely have a c section if it doesn't move. Your right at least your not out of work! Who knows once you get past 12weeks you might be able to dtd again lol....im not sure I could follow that one. Best of luck hun!!!

November 12th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Veteran
Thanks! Nope, if it stays put I'd HAVE to have a c-section, and it looks like about a 50% chance of something going wrong and it being preterm. BUT... I'm hopeful that at my 12 week ultrasound I'll be one of the lucky ones and it will have moved up and out of the way (and I'll be free to go back to the gym and enjoy my hubby). I didn't even tear with my 9lb 3oz boy... I sure don't want to have a c-section after successfully pushing out THAT. ;-)

-Gypsy
moxiemommie and Missymoos like this.
November 12th, 2013, 07:34 PM
jjustice12's Avatar Super Mommy
I will be praying for you. Hope it moves on its own. Sorry u an hubby cant dtd, but spice it up other ways.

DS-Jesus (a.k.a J)-14yrs
DD-Heaven-12yrs
DD-Justice-8yrs
DD-Hope-4yrs
-8/2000 -9/2000 -7/25/2013
November 12th, 2013, 09:36 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
I had no idea they could see a previa this early! Best of luck!

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
November 13th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope it moves too! Praying it moves and you get better news at your next appointment. The good thing about it is they caught it super early, so if you do haveto have a c-section, or start experiencing symptoms, you know whats going on and you can prepare yourself, even if its only a little. (especially emotionally) Prayers for a happy healthy 9mos and baby!

November 13th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Super Mommy
I'm sorry you are dealing with this - but it is good that they found out about it early!

Fingers crossed that you are one of the lucky ones and it moves.
November 13th, 2013, 08:18 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Hoping it moves for you!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search