Please remind me.... (UPDATE in OP)

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2013, 03:27 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
....that it's totally normal to lose all of your pregnancy symptoms at 11 and a half weeks. I feel so deflated again -- my belly actually looks smaller, my breasts don't hurt, I just feel "normal" and not pregnant. I'm trying not to freak out about this. I'm trying to remember that this is normal. I've already gone in to see the doctor once because my symptoms disappeared (at around 6.5 weeks) and I don't want to have to call again and be the labeled the crazy pregnant woman.

My NT scan is on Monday. I just have to wait until Monday to see the little baby. I can make it to Monday without going crazy, right?

Please remind me that this is normal. It's normal, right?????

UPDATE: Baby is fine!!!!!!!!! S/he was jumping all over the place, stretching out arms and legs, sucking the thumb, and even hiccuping. I feel SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!! And, the doctor was so understanding and never once made me feel like a crazy pregnant lady.

The doctor said, and I think one of the ladies mentioned this in her reply (sorry, I was at school and was trying to give a super quick update this afternoon), that at around 10 -- 11 weeks, your body starts getting used to some of the extra progesterone and a lot of the bloat goes away. So rest assured ladies, if you're starting to have a similar deflated feeling, it's probably just that.

I have been up since 2:30 this morning stressing out about this. I almost didn't call to go in. Please, if there's a situation that is stressing you out, please call your doctor -- don't google it, don't spend 2 days obsessing about it. We torture ourselves so much about these things. When in doubt, call. It will make you feel so much better!

Thanks for all of the positive thoughts!

Last edited by mrsdaiwa24; November 13th, 2013 at 03:27 PM.
November 13th, 2013, 03:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It's normal!!! Hugs mama

I am 8 weeks today and my nausea has lessened and I am worried about that!!
November 13th, 2013, 04:15 AM
Veteran
No idea as this is my first and I'm only ten weeks. But I know it would make me worry too, so it is good to hear in advance that it is normal in case this happens to me.
November 13th, 2013, 04:45 AM
dee.76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes definitely!!!! ... I hit 11 weeks this week and within the past week my ms has dropped considerably .... Worried me too, but then it does make an appearance maybe once every day or 2 ... Very brief one... So I guess in theory we should be enjoying it? .. That's what I'm trying to tell myself anyway!!! ...lol.. This is my 5th and I remember this exact thing happening and no matter how many times you have been through it.. It still worries you...
Mel S likes this.

November 13th, 2013, 05:47 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I actually was musing yesterday morning how it had been about a week since I at least felt like I was close to vomiting (and often would). I've thrown up twice since that revelation. I guess to make up for lost time. lol

but yes, coming/going symptoms are completely normal. I'd imagine especially at this point since many of us have less than a month before the 2nd trimester.
Britt3 likes this.

November 13th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
YES! Yes it would scare me too. I know I had days where it my symptoms seemed to ease off and go away... but then a few days later they would be back with a vengence. TRY to "enjoy" your break. And good luck at the NT scan on Monday!!!

November 13th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Maybe your MS is coming to an end, I know we are all looking forward to when that time comes! Which would be so awesome for you. I won't count you on the lucky side yet though, because you will probably start to feel terrible again in a couple of days.
November 13th, 2013, 08:15 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Absolutely normal! I mean, you're basically to the second trimester already I bet it's just the normal sympotm decrease that happens right around then and I hope it all stays away for you. I bet baby is just totally perfect! But I know that it's hard not to stress about it Hopefully Monday comes quickly for you!

November 13th, 2013, 08:16 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
If it makes you feel any better, I'm the same? I think I replied somewhere yesterday saying I feel GREAT. I really do. Besides hormones. Physically, my symptoms have cut back a TON (and we're around the same weeks). My m/s only lasted like 2 weeks. My boobs are a teeny sore, but WAY better. Not anything like they were before. I don't have a belly yet. My biggest symptom is headaches, I guess. But even that isn't as bad. I chalk it up to nearing the second trimester (yikes!) bliss? I haven't had an appt since 8 weeks, but we saw a heartbeat at that point.

I know it can be a little unnerving, though. I sometimes feel it too. But I just assume it's normal for me. (((hugs)))

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
November 13th, 2013, 08:31 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
My sister at 12 weeks said her belly deflated and she had no symptoms. People were remarking that she looked like she was losing weight, and that was also with her second. I think you're okay Your body is just finally adjusting to the hormone levels and preparing for the big grow!

November 13th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
I read somewhere that most of the time any perceived tummy swelling in the first 12 weeks is usually just fluid retention, constipation and gas due to changing hormones levels and the slowing of your metabolism...so seeming to loose weight is actually just some of the resulting bloat going down as your body better adjusts to the changes going on inside...

...so you are probably just fine

That said - your peace of mind is waaaay more important than what the medical staff might think of you, if you need reassurance then it's their responsibility to give it you. If I was really concerned then I wouldn't hesitate to call in because I follow the "better safe than sorry" creed. So if you think the anxiety will be too much between now and Monday - then call, that's what they are there for
November 13th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Around 12 weeks most first trimester symptoms disappear. Lucky you, I think you've made it through and now get to enjoy your second trimester. I'm a bit jealous. I can't wait until I'm nearly 12 weeks!
jayepink likes this.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

November 13th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Thanks ladies. We've had so many angel babies lately that I'm becoming paranoid about losing this little bean. I'm going in this afternoon because I can't handle the anxiety (plus DH is pushing me to go in because I don't think he can handle my anxiety). I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the optimism!!!!!
moxiemommie likes this.
November 13th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know what you mean about all the angel babies and being paranoid. It is actually making me crazy. So much, I thought about taking a break from the board for awhile because it's causing me anxiety.

Please keep us posted after your appointment! Are you going after school or taking the afternoon off?
moxiemommie likes this.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

November 13th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Updated the original post.
November 13th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
Your doctor ROCKS! Got a pic?
November 13th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad your doctor is that awesome and did an ultrasound, I have to go to the hosp to get an ultra, but I should if Im worried. I totally understand being worried because we have so many angel babies, and the fact that sex makes me bleed, sometimes bright red blood... Then that the np couldnt hear the baby on the doppler- even though I KNOW its normal considering Im only 10wks-but it IS worrisome. Im so glad your baby is okay and stretching kicking and be-bopping around. Nex time we dtd if I bleed I MAY use that as an excuse to go to the hosp and get an ultra... but I really do think the baby is fine. I think I felt he/she kick yesterday. Im almost certain Im just paranoid. Anyways I completely understand the fear. Again glad your baby is doing so well! Did you get pictures?

November 13th, 2013, 06:25 PM
I did get some pics but they're really blurry. The doctor actually felt bad about that. I don't mind -- I got to see my little jumping bean in action.
November 13th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So happy to see such a great update!!!!
November 13th, 2013, 10:28 PM
jjustice12's Avatar Super Mommy
Yay glad your dr was understanding an put your mind at ease. An yay hyper baby! I know i have been extra scared because of all the lil angels lately. "God please watch over our lil babies an keep them with us"

DS-Jesus (a.k.a J)-14yrs
DD-Heaven-12yrs
DD-Justice-8yrs
DD-Hope-4yrs
-8/2000 -9/2000 -7/25/2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search