Still in the dark, maybe

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By susie_q

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Since I obviously can't hide it anymore. I'm not sure what I should do. I hate giving news over the phone but I'm constantly on pins thinking someone is going to spill the beans on fb which most my family is on that has yet to hear. So far my itworks team knows (I had to spill as they were shocked I wasn't wrapping), My girls scout co leader knows cause I didn't want to alarm her if I ran for the bathroom at a meeting, I've added most you girls (though I don't worry about you all spilling it), I have also told a few friends incase I need help since DH works a lot of hours. It's just becoming a huge burden to hid it. We go home for Thanksgiving which is when I was going to tell but at this point I think I just need to walk in the room so maybe I should just tell my sister and gram on the phone :/
November 17th, 2013, 04:41 PM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most of our family knows now and many friends do. I would have liked to have done a big announcement on Thanksgiving but it is a relief not needing to worry about letting something slip or making excuses for me being crabby/tired/sick/etc.

People start to think you contracted some horrible disease when you've been constantly "sick" for months at a time. lol

November 17th, 2013, 04:44 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Sometimes it's just easier to tell them instead of trying to hide it, especially if your belly is going to give it away. Good luck!
November 17th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Super Mommy
It's hard, I know!! If it would give you some relief I would tell them.
I am still going to wait a bit longer. But only because I am waiting a bit longer just in case! I say GO FOR IT!!

Mom of two TEENAGE girls, 16 and 13.
Triple Negative Breast Cancer Survivor
DX date Nov 20, 2009
Chemo date Jan. 11, 2010
Bilateral mast. March 16, 2010
Exchange tissue expanders September 28, 2010
Expecting the UNEXPECTED but very much wanted little bundle June 28, 2014
I just might be to old for this!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

November 17th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
GO for it! We're all the the throes of total pregnancy =)
November 18th, 2013, 08:47 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
I made my facebook so that no one can comment on the wall to help ease my mind, although I'm telling my parents tonight. Hopefully. Fingers crossed.
Britt3 and Missymoos like this.

November 18th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We were actually talking yesterday about telling everyone since I kind of cant hide the belly as fat lol. Thanksgiving Day I'll be 13weeks thinking we might then. We have to inform some by phone since not all family lives in the state or close by. When you feel ready go for it and tell everyone.

November 18th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Caitlin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I made my announcement after hearing the h/b at 8w. If I hadn't, my belly would have given me away for sure. I'm kinda scared about how big I will get... only 10weeks right now and I look as big as 18 weeks last time.
November 18th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
We've told pretty much everyone but my parents and my family members who cannot be trusted not to tell my parents, lol.

I am not really showing yet - maybe a slight little tummy if I completely relax and let it out...but I cannot tell a lie...I think that little pillow was probably there already I did however become ridiculously top heavy though - I am only 5'1" and I have outgrown my triple D bras and am now in my painfully more expensive professionally fitted bras that I bought earlier this summer to wear during PMS (apparently I swelled to a size H each cycle...what the...?!?) but some of them are a bit tight already...lovely.

But yeah - my boss knew fairly early on, just so he knew why I was coming in late and had to leave for so many appointments...plus my work already knew about the past year of fertility treatments so they caught on pretty quick. We told most of our friends a couple weeks ago...and my family finds out on Saturday!

If you are feeling comfortable with telling then I say go for it! Like some of the other fellow-preggers have said, it's a relief for people to know why we are being so anti-social/sick/cranky all the time

Last edited by Missymoos; November 18th, 2013 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Typo
November 18th, 2013, 12:53 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I agree with the other ladies If you're feeling ready, go ahead and tell! You can still celebrate the news at Thanksgiving, but this way, you get the chance to surprise them without your belly giving you away!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search