Creative ways to make the Announcement!

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree28Likes
  • 5 Post By Missymoos
  • 2 Post By TeamMom2008
  • 2 Post By Social Halfwit
  • 1 Post By Missymoos
  • 6 Post By Fall
  • 1 Post By njkatc
  • 2 Post By TeamMom2008
  • 4 Post By JoannaEvelyn06
  • 4 Post By Jessica121706
  • 1 Post By moxiemommie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
Hello fellow June mommies!

I somehow got stuck watching pregnancy announcements on Youtube last night and was wondering whether any of you plan to, or have already with previous children, make unique announcements to friends and family?

I told my DH by placing a bun in our oven with a toothpick sign saying "June 2014". When he came home I told him that I bought him a sub and it was in the oven keeping warm...he took a few moments to catch on, it was really cute and went a little something like this:

DH: "where did you say you put the sub?"
Me: "In the oven - to keep warm"
DH: *He opens the oven and looks inside* "Oh..you got me one of the deli sandwiches"
Me: "No..."
DH: "um ok - what is this then"
Me: "What does it look like?"
DH: "What do you mean?"
Me: "What is it?"
DH: "It's a bun?"
Me: "Umhmm - and where is it?"
DH: "In the oven?"
Me: "umhmm" *making direct eye contact and smiling slightly*
DH: "Ok..." *slight pause as he takes the bun out of the oven and then seeing the toothpick sign*
DH: "Wait a minute...you're pregnant?!?"
Me: *tearing up* "Sure am - we did it baby!"

*giddy happiness ensues*

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3...D550/ry%3D400/

For my parents (we are having dinner with them and telling them on Saturday!) my mom is a scrabble-playing queen so we set out our announcement on a scrabble board. We're going to tell my parents about the "crazy" game we played last night and since it was so crazy we took a picture of the board - we'll then show them a picture of the scrabble board:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3...D550/ry%3D400/

Can't wait to hear your announcement stories!
njkatc, Britt3, Fall and 2 others like this.
November 18th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Super Mommy
I took a leap of faith and bought a t-shirt for Mark that says, "Every Superhero Needs a Sidekick. Mine arrives June 2014". We will give it to him when we're ready to tell my in-laws. I'm debating between Thanksgiving, Xmas, January (our anniversary) or February (his parents birthdays, anniversary or Valentine's Day).

I think I'll be able to hide this for quite a while. I really didn't look pregnant until about 7 months so the longer we keep his parents in the dark, the less time I have to spend answering questions about babies for my 5 year old.

If I can hold off til the end of April, we could announce on Mark's birthday. Or April Fool's... We're not in any hurry to tell them. They can't keep a secret. The minute we hang up the phone, the ENTIRE family will know. =)
njkatc and moxiemommie like this.
November 18th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I love the Scrabble board!! I didn't do a cute announcement.. I called DF and tried to act nonchalant but I kept laughing so he bullied me into telling him. Maybe we'll do a cute gender announcement!
Britt3 and moxiemommie like this.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

November 18th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Oh wow! I could never keep the secret for 7 months! Essentially the only people who don't know about us now is my parents and other members of my family who cannot be trusted not to tell them, lol.
moxiemommie likes this.
November 18th, 2013, 10:17 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
No idea what we will do. I'm not sure. I want to do cute pictures with the kids, I think. I like the superhero idea! That's really cute! Where did you find the shirt?

November 18th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I created this picture... not sure if we'll use it or not. If we don't with family then I might just do it for a FB announcement just change my cover photo to it or something.

njkatc, AtomicMama, Britt3 and 3 others like this.

November 18th, 2013, 10:42 AM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
My kids are going to wear I'm Thankful tees on thanksgiving. Alex's will say I'm Thankful I'm going to be a big brother again and Ava's will say I'm Thankful I'm going to be a big sister. I had to tell MIL on Friday because DH wanted her to know on the anniversary of his brothers death and so I texted my sister that afternoon so that she knew before MIL. I don't particularly care for MIL so I'm not happy that I had to tell her before everyone else, but I showed her a picture of the shirts and I had to force her to READ the shirts. Thanksgiving should be fun as each arrival reads them. Though I'm sure that once Ava knows she will be telling everyone the minute they walk through the door. LOL
Missymoos likes this.

November 18th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Halfwit View Post
I love the Scrabble board!! I didn't do a cute announcement.. I called DF and tried to act nonchalant but I kept laughing so he bullied me into telling him. Maybe we'll do a cute gender announcement!
I saw a cute gender announcement on YouTube where they had a big vanilla cake and the announcement was made with the colour of the cake on the inside - blue for boy and pink for girl...they cut the cake the same way you do at a wedding and I thought that it was really cute
November 18th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Super Mommy
I found a woman on Etsy with cute shirts. I asked her if she would do a custom order for me with that saying. I don't really know what it will look like yet.

Her site is here.
AtomicMama and Fall like this.
November 18th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are doing a photo to announce on FB.

DH will be holding a bag of ice in each hand

I will be holding a photo of the u/s over my belly

And my DD will be wearing her "Big Sister" shirt.

So, the pic will read - "Ice, ice - baby"

Pretty much all our immediate families already know - so it's just people on FB that will be surprised.
njkatc, Fall, moxiemommie and 1 others like this.
November 18th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy

I sent this pic to my sister last night..still waiting on reply
November 18th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
All your pictures and ideas are adorable!!!! We are telling in thanksgiving, by putting Ryan and Luke in big brother shirts, no one will catch on until they read lukes shirt haha, hopefully someone reads it! Lol
Missymoos likes this.

November 18th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
We have already told families and a couple close friends. We will do some sort of cute announcement for facebook friends... but we have no idea what yet. I see a lot of cute ideas on pinterest, but I feel like everyone is doing them now; so I have no idea. I think we'll just end up doing a photo of us and my son, with my son wearing a "big brother" shirt and my DP or me holding a pair of baby shoes.

November 18th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Oh yeah - I forgot to say what we're doing for FB, even though lots already know...but no one is allowed to post anything until after we make the official FB announcement

We're doing a bun in the oven photo-shoot (DH is a hobbiest photographer so he's got all the fancy stuff to take and edit photos), here's where we're taking our inspiration from:

Thanks for visiting the blog!: Laura's "Bun in the Oven" Baby Announcement!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search