Sleep

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By moxiemommie
  • 1 Post By MarchMom2007
  • 1 Post By TeamMom2008
  • 1 Post By mrsdaiwa24
  • 1 Post By Social Halfwit
  • 1 Post By Fall
  • 1 Post By MommaHarvey
  • 1 Post By alliebeecher
  • 1 Post By cortln
  • 1 Post By AtomicMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2013, 08:25 AM
First time mommy here!
Sleep, is anyone getting any of this?
And for both the newbies and the veterans: How are you functioning?
November 24th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, friday I slept well, from 9 or 10pm to 4 am which was great and no waking uo through the night. Last night wasnt too bad. I hit the sack somewhere around 12-1230 and woke up at 530. I have had insomnia since I was a toddler, so Ive learned to cope over the years. Fortunately Im a Sahm, but it killed me when I was preg with luke. I worked part time, had a 15 no old, two roomates (as a favor to them) and was making a 3+ hour drive everyday- driving a friend to her job, and then some because we only had one car and dh was taking classes in san jose, plus driving a friend, god it was stressful!Id get home about 1130-12 and have to wake up at 330 or 4
Bump2014 likes this.

November 24th, 2013, 09:55 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
Not much here. My SO snores like a logger and I wake to pee about every two hours so I am pretty beat most days.
Bump2014 likes this.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
November 24th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Super Mommy
Nope... My 5 yo wants me to snuggle in bed and I pee 3 or 4 times a night. Hubs snores. My kid snores. This weekend my FIL is here snoring too. It is impossible to rest at night.

I work FT, I take care of my friend's lil guy 3 evenings a week and she is one month behind us, due in July. So between both of us, we wear the kids down, feed the families joint dinners and drop a lot of nights. Whenever possible I sneak the bathtub and soak for an hour and usually doze off in there for a few minutes.

I struggle between noon and 4pm most. I just want to out my head down and sleep at my desk.
Bump2014 likes this.

November 24th, 2013, 11:27 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Some nights I can sleep for 7 straight hours and I wake up still feeling exhausted. Other nights, I have bouts of insomnia and am up for a couple of hours. How am I coping? I've drastically reduced my expectations for myself, I try and sit as much as I can on the rough days (I'm a teacher and some of those days are really hard!), and for example, right now it's mandatory "rest time" at our house -- my 3 year dropped her nap and I make her lay in bed with me for an hour or so so I can rest and she can watch cartoons. It's tough, but you learn to manage on lack of sleep. It's good training for when the baby comes!

And welcome! Hope you stick around -- this is a great group of ladies!
Bump2014 likes this.
November 24th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I'm sleeping, just not well. I wake up from not being able to breathe with my nose all plugged... then I have to get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I get back to sleep up and wake up from a crazy dream. Then DF's alarm wakes me up, but I have to pee again anyway.. then I can't get back to sleep before it's time to take Bodhi to school. SIGH.
Bump2014 likes this.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

November 24th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have to have a pillow help support belly knees ECT or I can't fall asleep it's hit miss. Last night was great not so much the night before. It's always changing.
Bump2014 likes this.

November 24th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think I have had a solid night of sleep in almost 4 years. That's to say since my first pregnancy started waking me up to pee. My almost 3yo sleeps thru the night most nights, but likes to crawl into my bed between 4-5am. My 1yo is still waking 1-2 times a night, and if he does happen to sleep thru I end up having to get up and pee. I think I am just used to no sleep by now. I try to nap or rest on the weekends when the boys nap. I should be napping now, but i'm just cuddled on the couch with you ladies instead.
Bump2014 likes this.

November 24th, 2013, 02:16 PM
alliebeecher's Avatar Veteran
I'm not getting much good sleep. I have to pee 3-4 times a night, and I wake up a lot with really bad hip and lower back pain. I'm trying to find a good pregnancy pillow ASAP.
Bump2014 likes this.
November 25th, 2013, 05:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I go to bed about 7:30 every night, after we put my daughter to bed. I wake up every couple hours to pee. I wake up for no reason as well. I'm functioning ok until about 2 in the afternoon...it's all downhill from t here.
Bump2014 likes this.
November 25th, 2013, 01:52 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I CAN sleep, when the kids and DH let me
Bump2014 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search