Cramping and now a tiny clot? Tmi and question - Update #17 - :)

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
Hey ladies.. So I've been cramping for the last two days but I figured it was from the stress and 16 hours of driving this weekend from our road trip. I thought maybe it was gas, since I do tend to get that way on road trips- eating junk, not being home to use my own restroom, etc, lol. But we arrived home yesterday evening and I'm still cramping. It's a dull constant cramp.. I can't even explain the feeling really- it's a mix between pain, feeling like I need to puke, have a BM, or hunger. But it's none of those. Then today, when I wiped, I had (tmi) the tiniest brown clot? It was about the size of a grain of rice, and it was harder and brown blood. I called the doctor and they said I could come in. The receptionist didn't seem to be extremely worried or not worried, but I'm wondering what you ladies would do? Am I overthinking it? Is it gas and a random bit of blood? Should I go to the hospital? Be seen at my doctors? (They didn't say whether I'd have an ultrasound or not) please help.. I hope I'm overthinking it all. Also, I can't even tell my DP. I'm scared I'm overthinking it and he'll worry for no reason or that he'll think I'm crazy. I know he wouldn't but help me out.. What do I do?

Last edited by Britt3; November 26th, 2013 at 09:21 AM.
November 25th, 2013, 07:51 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
If they're inviting you to go in, I'd go in for peace of mind. That being said though, I would try to relax. That could've been from sex in combo with the stress from traveling or something.

My doctor and my sister's doctor have always been adamant that you shouldn't be concerned unless cramping is accompanied with bright red blood. I hope this helps and good luck!

November 25th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd go in, not because I think you have something to worry about but to get some peace of mind!
MarchMom2007 likes this.
November 25th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Super Mommy
Your doctor told you they could see you, I would go see them.

They will know what to look for and will send you for an u/s if needed.

Piece of mind is worth getting it checked out!

If you're not having bright red blood and strong cramping you should be ok...but I'm not a doctor.

Good luck; kup!
MarchMom2007 likes this.
November 25th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Super Mommy
I had a little tiny clot like that with darker brown spots and I'm reasonably sure that it's a little bit of placenta as my doctor described. I didn't necessarily have the cramping, BUT it could be that your bowels are full and need some serious fiber to get things moving.

For the cramping, I'd vote a call to your doctor and maybe they can get you in to confirm things are ok.

But the little tiny scabby looking thing like I saw, I'd say relax and put your feet up and try to chill out.

Honestly, if you are concerned about something I think you just need to push to get in there and be seen. Go with your gut.

November 25th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Since the clot was brown, I would not panic. However, I'd go to the doctor since they said you can come in. That way you will have peace of mind and not panic. KUP!

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

November 25th, 2013, 09:06 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Like everyone has said, I would go in for the peace of mind That said, try so hard not to worry! Brown is old blood, and if it's just one clot, it could really be from anything I've had some pretty constant, painful cramping, and my midwife said it's very common in second pregnancies. It also could be from any of the things you mentioned. I know travel can make us dehydrated, and that can cause some cramping and muscle pain. Try to relax and drink lots of water, and take the doctor up on the invitation to go in, just for the reassurance

November 25th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Another vote for going in! I hope you are feeling better soon! Cramps on top of worry is no fun at all!
November 25th, 2013, 09:44 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Definitely go in for piece of mind BUT I don't think that a dark brown clot is anything to worry about. Usually, the red clots and bleeding or of more concern, but that still wouldn't automatically mean anything is wrong. With all the traveling, how hydrated are you? In pregnancy, as I'm sure you already know, you can dehydrated easily which can cause cramping for a number of reasons, the dehydration in general, or the further slowing of digestion which can lead to cramping, etc. Drink a ton of water and rest for the cramping, but go get checked just for your sake. Please KUP!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

November 25th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
Peace of Mind = worth everyone thinking you are over-reacting. I am one for the better safe than sorry camp and if the doctor's office offered to see you then you're good! Take them up on the offer if only for the reassurance that everything is ok

Keep us posted!
November 25th, 2013, 11:37 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
Any update??

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
November 25th, 2013, 11:43 AM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
They said you could come in, I would go in, just to ease your mind!!!! The worst thing that happens by going if you didn't need to is you find out NOTHING is wrong!

November 25th, 2013, 05:42 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
Just reading this tonight and hoping you went in. Worry isn't going to help at all and your doc can likely alleviate a lot of your stress. Hope all is well and update us when you can!

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
November 25th, 2013, 05:44 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Thinking about you! Please update us when you can!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

November 25th, 2013, 06:18 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Just reading this now -- hope everything is alright!
November 26th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Just checking in for an update as well. Hope you are feeling better!
cortln likes this.

November 26th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
UPDATE- I never had anymore issues yesterday, and made sure to rest as much as possible (took the day off of work as well). I made sure to drink plenty of water because I was afraid maybe I was dehydrated as well- the cramping has gone away, and I haven't had any other issues. They weren't going to be able to get me in as fast as I thought - so I didn't get seen yesterday. Now that I'm not having any issues at all, I probably won't rush it. Our next appointment is in 13 days and I won't last that long, so I'm still going to see if we can get in before Thanksgiving for piece of mind. Although I'm really thinking everything is fine.

Thanks ladies!!

November 26th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
So glad the cramping went away and you seem to be ok!
November 26th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad the cramping went away. It was probably from all the stress of traveling. I had some pink spotting after sex a week or so ago. Totally freaked out, but it didn't even last 30 minutes. I was so proud of myself for not running to the doctor in tears (probably only because it was Friday night though). Let us know if you get checked out.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

November 26th, 2013, 09:13 AM
So glad there haven't been any more issues and the cramping is gone! Hoping they can get you in today or tomorrow

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search