Anyone else not showing?

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Marissa's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa's Mommy
Because I feel like it is just me. I was bloated at the start and pants were tight but now I am back to fitting in my regular sized pants. I was looking through the baby bump pics and wondering if something is wrong. My next appt isn't till my nt scan on 12/10 so I need a little reassurance.

This is my second pregnancy. I am about 35 pounds overweight. I still have ms but not enough to not eat on a daily basis. In fact all I eat are carbs so should be gaining weight. So far I am up only two pounds but maybe I lost some weight between then and now, and my pants aren't tighter due to the weight I possibly lost?

I don't know. I am worried. To top it off I had a dream last night I was bleeding and that is the dream I normally have every month when I going to start my period so wondering if it's some sort of premonition. Argh!! I know I should be practical but I a hormonal wreck so I don't think its possible lol

Eta I've suffered a missed m/c in the past which was a total shock and I'm sure is driving my anxiety on this.

If you made it this far, thanks for listening.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature!

Last edited by Marissa's Mommy; November 25th, 2013 at 09:18 PM.
November 25th, 2013, 09:30 PM
alliebeecher's Avatar Veteran
I am not showing (10w6d), just bloated. Try not to worry hon. I'm sure things will be OK!
November 26th, 2013, 12:13 AM
chrysalis1's Avatar + Positively Pregnant! +
I am 13 weeks tomorrow and not showing at all when I wear normal clothes! I am showing once I lift my shirt up, though. I'm pretty small, but I have always had a little pudge and the only difference is it has gotten tighter and harder, like solidified if that makes sense. You can tell it is getting ready to be a baby bump. I probably won't officially show through my clothes until my belly starts to grow out, rather than just get hard
"Mild" pcos, blessed with BFP on cycle #4 ttc
Baby Braden 5/25/2014He's finally here!

]
November 26th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Veteran
I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and not showing either. Just bloat that comes and goes. I'm average weight for my height. I haven't really gained weight yet, been going up and down about 1-1.5 pounds. But that is within my normal weight variations.
November 26th, 2013, 01:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm almost 10 weeks with my 2nd and not showing at all....
November 26th, 2013, 05:16 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Don't let it worry you! Everyone grows and shows at different times. I am short (5'3") and I am a size 2/4. I am 11.5wks and this is number 5 and not showing. I just don't show until later even with my uterus sitting higher than normal. I also haven't gained any weight, either yet.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

November 26th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
Not gaining weight in the first trimester is actually pretty common so I wouldn't worry about that - your body is burning a whole lotta calories right now even though you probably don't feel like it. My bump shows when I wear tights with fitted tunic-style sweaters (i.e. my bump pic) or a dress but today I am wearing a rather fitted pencil skirt and you can barely tell there is a bump there.

Every person is different *and* every pregnancy is different so even if you showed earlier in a previous pregnancy, you could very well show much later this time around.

Try to not worry too much (not worrying at all is impossible, I know!) and the bump will probably appear seemingly overnight
November 26th, 2013, 09:11 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I have not gained any weight at all yet (I'm 12 weeks 1 day). I can tell that I have a little more bump than before (which was all totally left over flub from being pregnant with DS 3+ years ago...ugh), and I can FEEL my uterus outside my pelvic bone a little bit. That said, DH and any friends who know I'm pregnant promise they don't see anything at all. And my MIL made a comment about me looking like I've lost weight. I'm taking it and running with it and praying that I don't show before December 30th!

November 26th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't gained weight yet either ,and I am not yet showing. I am super bloated and everything feels too tight on my belly but I don't have a "bump" yet. I got a real bump around 14 weeks last time. First time took forever. Most "bump"s this early are bloat, the uterus is still pretty small

November 26th, 2013, 10:15 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm showing now but I wasn't a week and a half ago. I'm down 7 lbs from pre-pregnancy weight, which is a ton for me since I'm small to begin with. I did not loose weight like this with DD. Each pregnancy is different as is every woman.

November 26th, 2013, 10:19 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not showing yet, like chrysalis described, I had a little pudge to start with that’s starting to feel harder but not enough to make my pants tight. I’m think I won’t be showing for another couple of weeks.

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
November 26th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
Im not showing either, and for me the showing sooner with each pg was a myth. I didn't have a good bump with my 4th until 28 weeks, given he was a small baby but I didn't show with my second until 24 weeks and she was average size at birth. With those pg's I was smaller than I am now, about a size 2 jeans, now Im a 4-5 and still nothing. I did have a lot of bloating early on but that has gone away.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
November 26th, 2013, 10:48 AM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
This is my second and not showing. Granted I am like 40 pounds overweight but... I think it's normal. We're still so early!

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
November 26th, 2013, 10:59 AM
First-time Mom
I am 10w4d and I am not showing at all. All my clothing fit just fine and I am 4-5 pounds lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight. I had some belly fat even before I got pregnant and right now my husband says he can't see any difference.

I totally understand your desire to have a little bump. I can't wait to get it. It will be a nice additional confirmation that everything is fine with the pregnancy.
November 26th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Marissa's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa's Mommy
Thank you all for your replies they really made me feel better. Stupid hormones making me nutty!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature!
November 26th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Late to the not showing party, LOL. But I am not really showing either, just bloat which has gone away and comes back every few days. I am 13 weeks and have gained 4 lbs so far.
November 26th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Super Mommy
Not showing, and I am a plus size mom. I probably won't show for a few more months. You might find the m/s ease in the next couple of weeks but that's just the placenta taking over. It will be ok!

November 26th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm showing, and feeling like I look 9 months.. but I have only (ugh) gained 5 pounds (actually lost 1 in the last two weeks) and this past week or so have noticed that the growth is slowing down. I feel like most of my weight and bump have been bloat up until now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search