Two for Tuesday

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By TeamMom2008
  • 2 Post By TiggersMommy
  • 2 Post By njkatc
  • 1 Post By alliebeecher
  • 2 Post By bluewren
  • 2 Post By AllyTales

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2013, 04:56 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
1. Do you decorate for Thanksgiving?

2. Do you start decorating for Christmas BEFORE Thanksgiving?
November 26th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Super Mommy
Nope. And yup. Our elf is here too...
moxiemommie likes this.

November 26th, 2013, 05:37 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
No and no. I wait until Thanksgiving weekend to put up the tree. This year might be different though as we're meeting with the realtor and I don't know what he'll recommend in terms of putting up a big Christmas tree -- we might have to get a smaller table-top one.
November 26th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I don't decorate for Thanksgiving.

We are toning down Christmas décor this year, too. Only putting up two trees instead of three...the new puppy must eat EVERYTHING.

And no real tree =(

I put my trees up today and tomorrow I'm home alone with the kids so we're going to do it together. Correction...I'm going to make them put up all the ornaments LOL. Turns out my 3 year old is now old enough and willing.
November 26th, 2013, 06:06 PM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
1. YES!! I was planning on expanding my Thanksgiving decorations with a trip to Michael's this past weekend but they'd already put away all the fall stuff and decked the place for Christmas. SO MAD.

2. NO!! Christmas decorations are sanctioned only AFTER Santa finishes the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and not one second sooner. We don't typically decorate for Christmas until mid-December. It makes me angry to see Christmas crap up already. Like, super angry.
njkatc and Johnsgirlsx3 like this.

November 26th, 2013, 06:23 PM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
I decorate minimally for Thanksgiving. I've got some old Hallmark paper decorations that I tape up around the house and stuff from DS that he's made over the years.

Christmas in this house doesn't exist until AFTER Thanksgiving. I get that some people love it so much that they decorate before the Turkey, but I just can't!!!! It may be as early as this weekend that we start to decorate, but it definitely won't be before Thursday!!! It makes me nuts to see that people already have their outside lights on!!! Putting them up when the weather is mild is one thing, turning them on before Thanksgiving is just plain wrong in my world. LOL
mrsdaiwa24 and Johnsgirlsx3 like this.

November 26th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Super Mommy
ITA I decorate for Thanksgiving and wait until the first weekend of December to put the tree up but will decorate all through the week before hand. (It will take that long)

Mom of two TEENAGE girls, 16 and 13.
Triple Negative Breast Cancer Survivor
DX date Nov 20, 2009
Chemo date Jan. 11, 2010
Bilateral mast. March 16, 2010
Exchange tissue expanders September 28, 2010
Expecting the UNEXPECTED but very much wanted little bundle June 28, 2014
I just might be to old for this!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

November 26th, 2013, 09:57 PM
alliebeecher's Avatar Veteran
I don't decorate for Thanksgiving. Christmas decorations go up the weekend after Thanksgiving *or* whenever I get around to it, lol. I'm going to try to get the tree up this weekend, at least.
moxiemommie likes this.
November 27th, 2013, 02:19 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope, unless you count the super awesome turkey that DS made at his playgroup. I'll stick that thing every year proudly on the mantle until he is 30. I also have some generic fall decorations up but I consider that me trying to stealthily stretch my Halloween decorating.

Weekend after Thanksgiving. No sooner.
mrsdaiwa24 and moxiemommie like this.

November 27th, 2013, 04:13 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
I have some fall decorations up, not necessarily Thanksgiving. I have a leaf wreath on my door. I have my red, yellow and brown candles out.

I do NOT decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving. I never will. I respect the turkey I will put up Christmas stuff this weekend.
mrsdaiwa24 and moxiemommie like this.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
November 27th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We wanted to decorate for thanksgiving but we didnt yet, Bri is actually taking our halloween decor down today LOL, but we are making pumpkin"vases" and putting a nice autumn boquet in them ot decorate the table.
NO!!!!!! I NEVER EVER EVER decorate for christmas before thanksgiving! Its like a sin! I dont condone Thanks-Mas-Ween at my house, like I see at all the shopping centers/stores. We decorate for christmas about the second week of december. BUT I am kind of a hypocrite because I keep my Christmas stuff up passed the New year!!!

November 27th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
No and No. I may pull out the decor on Friday and start sorting things out. We always get real trees so we will go to the tree farm probably on the first Saturday in December to pick out our tree. I am so excited!!
November 27th, 2013, 07:11 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
No and no. Xmas decorating is reserved for the weekend after thanksgiving so we'll probably get a tree up then.

November 27th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
Well - for me it is a little different because my Thanksgiving is in early October...so I definately do not decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving, lol.

Fall decor goes up October 1st (change accent pillows, placematts for the dining table, some more fall-oriented votives, etc.) and starts coming down the same weekend as the Santa Claus Parade in Toronto (Nov. 16th).

Christmas, I try to hold off until December 1st - but I actually love Christmas decor with the lights and everything so I am glad the PATH walkway I take from Union Stn in Toronto to my work is decorated early-mid November.

This year I def. feel more excited for Christmas, not sure if it's in part due to being preggers but I am loving every second following the Santa Claus parade. I also have a lot of my Grandmother's vintage Christmas decor because no one else seemed to want it and I love going through it all and deciding how to put it up, etc.

It's going to be a good Christmas this year

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search