Ot cancer sucks!!!!

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Johnsgirlsx3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Super Mommy
Being that 4 years ago this month I was told the horrific news that I had breast cancer. It was devastating! Not really for me but my family. Telling people was the worse. All they could do was cry. (man that frickin' SUCKED)!! I didn't care about losing my hair(it was down to my butt then). Didn't care about losing my beast, (they were super small and saggy). All I cared about was my girls. Who would take care of them. They have never left my side besides school and on sleepovers at their gma's. The really odd thing is when I found out, Nov. 20th 2009, after that hubby and I started to BD'd like RABBITS even Thanksgiving morning before he put the turkey in, after! I mean it was KrAzY!! LOL

So with that we created a baby. A baby that we had tried for 2 years to have. I did the ole" egg white trick, I did every thing but stand on my head! lol Poor hubby went commando for two years to increase the sperm count(one of the things you do to achieve a boy

So it got to the point when chemo started! LIVING HELL!!! But you know what, I went in on Monday mornings. Feeling all down and defeated. Always having someone to drive me. I would look around and there were people twice my age, alone doing this. I wasn't going to be a cancer victim.

So that leads us to the next hurdle. The hair falling out! At the beginning it wasn't bad. Few strands, some clumps, whatever. My youngest had a program at school. I curled my hair. It looked really good. No one at that time besides close family and friends knew. Even though the chemo nurses told me what to expect AND not to use hair spray, I did! BIG MISTAKE!!! I woke up the next morning with a birds nest on my head that hurt soooo bad I didn't know what to do. I had a massage appointment that day. I took a shower got my hair wet and MADE MATTERS WORSE!!! UGH!! Really?? So I wadded my hair up as best as possible and went.

After I came home my hair was a matted mess. Like it was stuck to my head. It hurt! I had to call a friend to come shave my head Really at that time I didn't think to much about it. My girls didnt' want to watch.

Surgery time!! I had surgery in between my sessions of chemo. Knowing my boobs where really small and after surgery I was completely flat with tissure expanders I had the goal to be 34 DD!! whoo hoo! these babies grew, and grew. They where rock hard and miserable but for some reasonI thought I was going to come out of this looking like Pam Anderson??? Almost? Me and my Racquel Welch long blonde wig!

So here I sit here today. PREGNANT, 39 and no place to go but up. I know God gave me all of these little "gifts" for a reason. I hope in every interaction that I have with people is to give them hope, ease their pain or just give them a laugh or two!!
Justjessie, Demetria and Missymoos like this.

Mom of two TEENAGE girls, 16 and 13.
Triple Negative Breast Cancer Survivor
DX date Nov 20, 2009
Chemo date Jan. 11, 2010
Bilateral mast. March 16, 2010
Exchange tissue expanders September 28, 2010
Expecting the UNEXPECTED but very much wanted little bundle June 28, 2014
I just might be to old for this!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

November 27th, 2013, 08:09 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
You've had such a difficult journey. I hope that there are only bigger, better, and more beautiful things on the road ahead of you from now on!
November 27th, 2013, 08:41 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
You are an amazing light and a true testament! God has blessed you through it all! I am amazed at your strength and still through it all, you thought of everyone else and not yourself. Thank you for sharing your story with us!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

November 27th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
A truly inspirational story, thank-you so much for sharing
November 27th, 2013, 02:17 PM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
((hugs)) My MIL and Grandma have both gone through the Breast Cancer experience. My MIL's was the worst because she also had her lymph nodes out. It was hard on her and the family in ways no one expected and even to this day. I am so glad that you got your wonderful blessing of a BFP and that it can be the mark of a new beginning!

Excitedly Expecting #1 w/ PCOS around June 16, 2014
Adopted mom to DS (16)
November 27th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
Thank you for sharing your story =)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search