How's baby daddy doing?

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes
  • 4 Post By alliebeecher
  • 1 Post By Social Halfwit
  • 3 Post By Britt3
  • 1 Post By Grace
  • 1 Post By moxiemommie
  • 2 Post By Wish44
  • 1 Post By AtomicMama
  • 1 Post By susie_q
  • 1 Post By RhiettaP
  • 2 Post By mrsdaiwa24
  • 1 Post By Demetria
  • 1 Post By Missymoos
  • 1 Post By MarchMom2007
  • 1 Post By mrsdaiwa24

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How are all your baby daddies doing?

I'm not feeling like DH is excited or anything about this pregnancy I'm hoping Monday he goes to my appointment with me and things change.

December 6th, 2013, 11:49 AM
alliebeecher's Avatar Veteran
I feel very lucky. DH has been over the moon and excited since I told him I was pregnant. He's treating me so well and doing all sorts of special things for me.

Now that we have some worries about the health of our little one, he's stepped up even more, and is right there with anything and everything I need. I get all teared up when I think about it... he's a fantastic partner.
December 6th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
DF is good, just stressed. He has to spend about 4 hours a day on the bus and it's driving him crazy. He wants to spend more time at home with us and he's aggravated that I have to go out into the cold to take Bodhi to/from school. My Zofran recently has stopped working on me so I am back to laying on the couch pretty much non-stop and it's hard on him because he has to clean the house, wash dishes, cook, everything.. after a full day at work and time on the bus.
Fall likes this.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

December 6th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
DP has been pretty quiet about it in general- he's just a quiet guy anyways. But with us buying a house soon and him seeing pics of what a 12 week ultrasound looks like.. it's really hitting him now. He's stressing big time and said when January hits he's going to work all the overtime he can. (downpayments and taxes for the house on top of baby stuff, and maternity stuff needed) We have both had problems sleeping now, but his is mostly stress over being ready in time. lol. Today he also said he's sorry that I've had to barely buy any maternity clothes since we're trying to save every penny we can. He did laundry and noticed I had barely anything to wash, lol. He's also getting excited about the US this coming Monday, and finding out the gender in as early as a few weeks (if so, it'd be an elective scan). It's hitting us both now, and getting exciting.
Fall, moxiemommie and Missymoos like this.

December 6th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
So far he's been pretty good, he's back to the "craving runs" like usual, anything I want he goes and gets. He doesn't seem to share my worries though, where I am nervous about the NT scan and how things are going, he's always "everything is great" which is good because I wouldn't want him to be negative I suppose. However I think I have been more stand offish this time as things have been weird from the start and so I don't really talk about the baby much, we listen to the hb daily but other than that I don't mention it a lot. Once the NT scan is over and all is well I am sure I will be much more involved, right now I kinda feel on edge most of the time with the pg.
Fall likes this.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
December 6th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Brian has been great, since the day I found out. Even with my scares, hes really comforted me. Hes very excited. Yesterday I wanted an orange milk shake weird yes I know and he said your pregnsnt lets get it. Lol!!!! He watches the kids when he gets home so I can do somethings around the house and get a little quiet. Hes really excited for the gender scan because he will get to see the baby on the U/s for the first time. He always works over time, when ever they need him so that way he can do a half day at work when things like the gender scan comes up! Boss already gave him the ok for it whenever its scheduled!
Fall likes this.

December 6th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH has been pretty quiet about the baby. We basically only talk about it when I bring it up. He's been super stressed at work and hasn't been sleeping well, so that's probably why. I know he is excited and his face lights up at the ultrasounds. The other night I thought I felt little movements in bed and he thought that was really cool.
Fall and moxiemommie like this.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

December 6th, 2013, 12:49 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
He's pretty good. We had a decent size fight last night. He came home with a headache and went straight to lie down. I was entertaining both kiddos, cooking dinner, had dealt with a hectic evening and gymnastics practice, and I was spent. I wanted a break and had a ton of housework to do, so I got upset and then he got mad that I wouldn't give him one night to just lay down and not do anything. I was the unfair one last night, though.

Usually he's good. He is excited, or at least he says he is. He talks to the baby sometimes.
Fall likes this.

December 6th, 2013, 01:08 PM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
He's doing soooo much better. He's been more into it and more into me talking about it which is nice. His eyes popped out of his head when he say I was starting to show.
Fall likes this.

December 6th, 2013, 02:46 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is our 5th....my husband could pretty much care less at this point....I'm pregnant because I wanted another baby.....he stopped going to appointments with me after our 2nd....with that said....my husband is a great dad so things will change when baby gets here...but as far as the pregnancy is concerned....he's happy as long as I'm happy.
Fall likes this.

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
December 6th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhiettaP View Post
This is our 5th....my husband could pretty much care less at this point....I'm pregnant because I wanted another baby.....he stopped going to appointments with me after our 2nd....with that said....my husband is a great dad so things will change when baby gets here...but as far as the pregnancy is concerned....he's happy as long as I'm happy.
That's pretty much us. He hasn't gone to any appointments yet and I'm hoping that changes. I wanted one more he didn't we were talking about it and the fact we are having twins put him in shock that he hasn't snapped out of. I'm hoping he goes back to his super supportive self soon! This is 6&7 for us so I know he's stressed over that.

December 6th, 2013, 03:30 PM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH does seem more open about talking about baby related things (purchases, names, future events) than he was with DS and generally relaxed about the whole thing. I think it in part due to us already being parents and part due to this one we tried several months for and DS was something of a surprise.

December 6th, 2013, 05:04 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
LOL -- I just asked him how he's doing and he told me he's doing his best to try and gain some sympathy pregnancy weight.

He's fine -- he's very happy that he's having a son. He even gave some ideas for a future nursery.
Britt3 and moxiemommie like this.
December 8th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Jay is doing awesome. I keep flashing back to the super grin he had on his face when I showed him the ultrasound photo. I can't wait to see how he does with a baby boy! He is asking more questions now about how I am feeling, I think he is hesitant to give me tummy rubs because I am self conscious about my weight but now that I know its actually baby instead of fat, I am a bit more relaxed. Last night I let him feel where my uterus was, and my squishy belly button. He thought my belly button squish felt a little odd.
mrsdaiwa24 likes this.
December 8th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
Ry has been really great as far as baby stuff goes - he's ok with trading in all his airmiles to the somewhat over-priced stroller that I really want, he doesn't like me doing anything strenuous and scolds me when he gets home from work on Sundays to see that I've been carrying laundry up and down the stairs...

...I think though that because I am not really showing yet, and because I've had little to no morning sickness, he doesn't quite understand that those are not the only early pregnancy symptoms. I try no to be moody but this past week has been a rough one for me with delayed trains and long commutes to/from work. So we got in a bit of a tiff a couple times when I didn't want what he had made for dinner and again when I got annoyed that he had to play heavy metal super loud while cooking...(my hearing and my sense of smell/taste are the senses that seem the most sensitive right now whereas his hearing is slightly less than perfect due to years of playing in a heavy metal band so he *always* has his music soooo friggin loud). I think once I am showing he'll be a little more understanding and hopefully a little more accommodating with my moodiness and food/noise irritations.

That said, he is super cute about talking about the baby - he is always trying to hold my belly when we're cuddling on the couch or when we go to bed, says he just wants to hold his baby, lol. He's really good with all of our friends children too ("Uncle Red" is pretty much everyone's favourite!) so I know he is going to be amazing with his own
mrsdaiwa24 likes this.
December 8th, 2013, 03:30 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
My SO has been doing so great. He has always wanted to be a dad and never thought it would happen. He is really picking up with helping around the house and also getting the construction projects done that he has been meaning to do for the past year and a half. He is doing a lot more cooking and is actually out right now getting Chinese food for dinner. Love that guy so much.
Missymoos likes this.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
December 8th, 2013, 05:27 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Oh my gosh! DH actually bought something for Baby Boy's nursery today! We've decided on doing a fishing themed room (well, once we move that is) and so he bought some fishing themed sign to hang on the wall. You have to understand -- he was so uninterested in my first pregnancy and never bought anything for Betsy, so this is huge!
moxiemommie likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search