extra strength tylenol

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By RunningMommyTo5
  • 1 Post By Demetria
  • 1 Post By AllyTales
  • 1 Post By moxiemommie
  • 1 Post By TeamMom2008
  • 1 Post By AtomicMama
  • 1 Post By Missymoos
  • 1 Post By RhiettaP

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone else take it or do you take just the regular? I'm super paranoid and really try to avoid taking anything but my headaches have been bad this week. I've been taking 2 Extra Strength Tylenol, maybe once a day for 3 days in a row.

I called the hospital after hours line, they told me it was ok, I have asked two of the Dr.'s I see and they've both said yes. One told me to drink a caffinated drink with 2 extra strength and it would help.

I'm still freaking out about the extra strength for whatever reason LOL I may just go buy a bottle of regular strength so I can stop worrying.

I was just curious if anyone else was taking the extra strength?
December 12th, 2013, 05:22 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Yes, if I have to take Tylenol, I will take the extra strength. It's fine Don't stress about it! You need relief for your headache. The caffeine is also a good suggestion. I've had to do that when I get migraines while pregnant. Two ES tylenol and some caffeine and I feel much better. Hope it does the trick for you, too!
cortln likes this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

Last edited by RunningMommyTo5; December 12th, 2013 at 05:31 AM.
December 12th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Yes, totally fine. I have not had to take any this pregnancy but previous pregnancies I have.
cortln likes this.
December 12th, 2013, 06:25 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
I took some the other day, extra strength. It's on my list of OK meds.

Hopefully it helps you better than it did me!
cortln likes this.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
December 12th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes it should be fine! Early on in this pregnancy, at maybe 5-7weeks I got a horrible migrane. Classic migrane, change in vision, vomitting, and a pounding head"ache" ( migrane). I was so worried, and I NEVER take any meds unless 100% necessary... took tylenol extra stregnth and tylenol pm and I was out like a light, thank god for it! And baby is fine I had 3 doses that night/ morning. (12-16 hr span)
cortln likes this.

December 12th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Super Mommy
I told my doc at yesterday's appointment that the headaches were so bad I was convinced they were signs of sinus infection. She said, "Nope! You're the very definition of hormonal and you don't need antibiotics. You need 2 tylenol with a glass of Coke and good night's sleep". She also said that people that suffer migraines have a special med that she would NOT give me because i was pregnant.

She did give me two scripts, one for nausea which makes you sleepy and one sleeping pill, not to be used together. BUT, I don't like the idea of being medicated when I'm the only adult in the house and DH leaves for work between 4and 5 am. More often than not, when he leaves, DS hears him resetting the alarm and wakes up and sometimes he's really wide awake and can't go back to sleep. He usually climbs into bed with me.

I always wake up with him so I'm not keep on a 5 year old having free reign in the house while I'm under the influence of meds. This is the same logic and reasoning that I didn't take the pain meds and the drug to induce the m/c when DH was in CA for his dad's surgery and I was solo with DS for the week.

I told my mom this morning, I won't even fill the scripts. I will just take the ES Tylenol with a glass of Coke and turn the lights out for a few minutes to see if that helps.
cortln likes this.

December 12th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone, I feel much better LOL I second guess things, I go back in my mind and I think "I KNOW I specifically asked the Dr. about EXTRA STRENGTH" and then think, well maybe i didn't mention the extra strength part of it.

I am sick with a headache now, going to take a couple ES Tyelonol and get a soda and hopefully I'll feel better and can actually spend a little time with my daughter after work before bedtime tonight LOL
December 12th, 2013, 11:25 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I'm so funny. I don't worry at all about food during pregnancy, but I get all panicky and hate to take almost any medicine.

That said, I've always heard it to be safe
cortln likes this.

December 12th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
I just have to get around to buying some tylenol...it's not the painkiller of choice in my household (or my work apparently), all advil!

I keep thinking I'll go buy some so when the next headache kicks in I'll have some on hand...but then *almost* deliberately bypass the pain killer aisle at the drug store...I figure if I can make it home then a relaxing warm bath with a cool cloth on my forehead/over my eyes and the lights out will take care of everything. Ofcourse, I do not have children at home yet so I am sure if I did I would be loading up on every Tylenol strength out there!
cortln likes this.
December 12th, 2013, 12:56 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I take it when needed....caffeine helps too...I had a spinal headache (thought I was going D.I.E) and they gave me a caffeine I.V.....who knew those existed?!
cortln likes this.

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search