Diaper Bags?

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Super Mommy
So does anyone have a diaper bag in mind yet? Any one you loved with your last baby? I always wanted the LL bean one personalized but that was 13 year ago. Now I want a Coach one but I don't think it will have enough pockets and compartments I love a lot of pockets!!!
MrsPalumbo likes this.

Mom of two TEENAGE girls, 16 and 13.
Triple Negative Breast Cancer Survivor
DX date Nov 20, 2009
Chemo date Jan. 11, 2010
Bilateral mast. March 16, 2010
Exchange tissue expanders September 28, 2010
Expecting the UNEXPECTED but very much wanted little bundle June 28, 2014
I just might be to old for this!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

December 19th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I never really liked previous diaper bags because I always ended up just cramming baby stuff into my purse. But... so far, I really have my eyes on this one "Keep it Green" tote
or something like this
Messenger bag tote
AtomicMama and Johnsgirlsx3 like this.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

December 19th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't even looked at diaper bags yet. I'm not big on the "baby" look when it comes to this stuff- I don't want it to be all babied out if that makes sense? (winnie the pooh, characters, baby strollers on the patterns, etc etc). I like them to look more like purses or just bags.
I'm totally addicted to chevron stuff, so I'm hoping I find a cute chevron striped diaper bag somewhere. If not, I'm sure I'll find something more plain or modern to carry around.
AtomicMama likes this.

December 19th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Super Mommy
I like those!!

I meant Lands end. not LL Bean!

DX date Nov 20, 2009
Chemo date Jan. 11, 2010

December 19th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
I still have my JuJube BFF bag from my last baby. I will use that because it was not cheap and I plan on making my own diaper bag as well. I have a few patterns but I won't tackle that project until maybe February or March!
moxiemommie and Johnsgirlsx3 like this.
December 19th, 2013, 09:47 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just used a large purse and probably will do the same again. I kept all of "my" extra stuff in a pouch so it was easy to located and on the rare occasion I needed to hand off the diaper bag I could quickly remove my stuff.

Once DS was mobile I switched to a sling backpack because it made to easier to chase him around and keep track of our stuff.

December 19th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got a bag from 31 when one of my SIL was hosting a party. It's called an Organizing Tote. I don't really need inside pockets and I think this one in all black is neutral enough DH won't mind using it. I got it personalized with an "S" on it.

Organizing Utility Tote | Catalog | Thirty-One Gifts
December 19th, 2013, 09:51 AM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hated my diaper bag last time. Was a cheap one from toys r us. I need something good for cloth diapers so idk.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

December 19th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh and can I add-- I hated my bag last time because the only way it closed was by magnet. Well sometimes I had that bag stuffed hardcore and it would bust open and stuff would fall out. lol. So I'm more or less reminding myself to STAY AWAY FROM MAGNETS! lol
Demetria and Johnsgirlsx3 like this.

December 19th, 2013, 09:56 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I had one from Vera Bradley and I love it. There was room to cram tons of stuff, including a few cloth diapers. Since it was cloth, it was washable as well. I have to get a new one though because after 3 years of constant wear and tear, the straps have frayed.

Oh, and it didn't look like a baby bag. Just looked like a big purse.
December 19th, 2013, 10:49 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I started out with a Skip Hop last time but it was too small and the inner lining ripped. My DD was a super eliminator and we CD so I needed a LOT of diapers on hand. I got a GoGaGa bag once I was fed up with the Skip Hop and that held a lot more. Its OK. I think I might knit and felt something for this bean.

December 19th, 2013, 11:27 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Ry, I love that tote!! Super cute

Brittany, check Etsy! I'm sure someone has a cute chevron diaper bag or can make one for you

As for me, for now, I'll just go with what I have. It's a North Face ski backpack But I LOVE it as a diaper bag!! It has all the pockets I need, it's waterproof, it's so easy to carry, it fits great under the stroller, it has side pockets for bottles/sippies. I love it! Plus, it's super durable and doesn't look like a diaper bag (as it isn't). It's brown plaid and cute and I'll be able to use it for other things once the baby is big. The only issue I ever had was when I was somewhere that I wanted DS in the Ergo on my back AND the diaper bag. However, those opportunities were pretty rare that I had DS in the Ergo, no stroller to stash the diaper bag in, etc. Only the airport, really, and htere is NO good way to get through the airport with a baby Plus, now I have DH, so if I wear baby, he can wear the back pack
Britt3 likes this.

December 19th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Super Mommy
I had a ton of bags last time, but we used was a backpack (it actually had a chilled area that you could put a bottle in with an icepack and keep it cold-ish) and if we were going for short trips, I used a JanSport bag which my husband liked the most. It was really a medium sized duffle but it was GREAT for a day with the kid, especially in the summer when you only had to pack shorts and tshirt for spare clothes.

December 19th, 2013, 11:45 AM
alliebeecher's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt3 View Post
I haven't even looked at diaper bags yet. I'm not big on the "baby" look when it comes to this stuff- I don't want it to be all babied out if that makes sense? (winnie the pooh, characters, baby strollers on the patterns, etc etc). I like them to look more like purses or just bags.
I'm totally addicted to chevron stuff, so I'm hoping I find a cute chevron striped diaper bag somewhere. If not, I'm sure I'll find something more plain or modern to carry around.
Like this? Amazon.com: Skip Hop Jonathan Adler Duo Diaper Bags, Chevron Blue: Baby

Wouldn't I love the iconic Coach diaper bag (in purple), but it's way out of my price range

I like this one by Skip Hop that's designed for twins, the Duo Double or something like that. I pack heavy and want the biggest **** bag I can find!
Britt3 likes this.
December 19th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Super Mommy
Lol I love to pack a lot too!! As for coach, if I get one I will find a $100 off coupon! Lol I have to 31 bags organizing utility totes. I have one for softball and the other has the matching blanket, thermal pack and 2 zipper bags. I love bringing them to the movie theaters for candy and such.
Spottts likes this.

DX date Nov 20, 2009
Chemo date Jan. 11, 2010

December 19th, 2013, 01:14 PM
MrsPalumbo's Avatar Super Mommy
**Lurking from April DDC**

I see there are some fellow Coach lovers in here My step-mom just bought me the new Coach diaper bag in black with the signature print for my birthday, I can't wait to see her to get it! I have a Coach book bag that has inside pockets for bottles (probably meant for water bottles but hey, as long as they fit!) I also have the Coach messanger bag so I think I'm covered for diaper bag options.

But anyway, I wanted to share...my bookbag was over $300 and I only paid $104 at the outlet in Atlantic City. I felt like I was getting away with something! So if you live in an area with any outlets, you may be able to get your Coach diaper bag at a fraction of the cost!

Another little tidbit... coachfactory.com is AHHH-MAAA-ZINGGGG. I just looked and they have a $528 diaper bag for $249.50 (52% savings). You just have to sign up with an email address to gain access to the site. There's flash sales all the time and you can get pretty much anything for dirt cheap (for Coach anyway). We hosted a Coach Bingo earlier this year and got clutches/wristlets for $20 and purses for $50.

Happy shopping ladies

Tammy, wife to Julia, Mom to Jordynn and Maxwell
December 19th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks! Bad thing is you have to wait for the approval for the coach factory. I signed up 6 months ago and haven't got access yet

DX date Nov 20, 2009
Chemo date Jan. 11, 2010

December 19th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Super Mommy
As a heads up for first timers or long-since timers , DS's day care require us to use the bag they provided. It was a tiny little tote bag and we could only pack what we could fit so it basically held a week's worth of diapers and wipes and spare clothes. I would walk it in on Mondays and take it home on Fridays unless there were issues mid week.

I tend to be a super light packer. I always kept 2 complete baby outfits and diapers in our cars, and then I'd carry in just one spare change from home. Given the choice, I'd change him out of the tailgate of the car before I'd use a changing table at a stadium/park bathroom, etc. In general, we hauled in as little as possible unless I knew we were in for a super long day (like traveling).

I also wanted the lightest BAG possible because the gear piled in there gets to be so heavy! But then again, I carried the baby and not the car seat. We didn't do the all-in-one car seat things. We just picked him up out of the seat, yes sleeping or not, like we were 35/40 years ago and kept going. I used my babyhawk pouch when I needed to be handsfree and of course I LOVED my stroller.

But the less we carried on us, the happier the husband was.
AtomicMama likes this.

December 19th, 2013, 02:15 PM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamMom2008 View Post
As a heads up for first timers or long-since timers , DS's day care require us to use the bag they provided. It was a tiny little tote bag and we could only pack what we could fit so it basically held a week's worth of diapers and wipes and spare clothes. I would walk it in on Mondays and take it home on Fridays unless there were issues mid week.
I've never heard of a daycare doing that. Mine didn't and none of the ones I toured did either.

December 19th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just thinking about diaper bags makes me sick... With Ryan I went through aboutthree, until My dad gave me this old puke/army- green "work" bag (which he put his laptop, all his files and papers that he had to bring to and from work) because he knew all my diaper bags started ripping at the seams!!!! It was awful. To think I spent 20-30 per diaper bag and went through 3 in ONE year. I still have that old army green diaper bag. I also have this crazy-psycadelic tie-dye bag with a yin/yand symbol stitched on it. My friend gave it to me sophmore year of HS and Ive had it since (he made it) and both those god-awful funky - looking bags have held up after all these years!!! I keep the tie-dye one in the car and fill it with clothes, undies, diapers, wipes, just extras to have on hand. I also keep the green bag filled with diapers, wipes, medicine ,(kids tylenol/motrin, and kids pepto tablets) water bottles, and a packaged box of crackers incase the kids get munchies on a road trip.

If I do get a diaper bag of sort this time, it will probably be a cute character backpack that the baby can use as he/she grows and starts preschool instead of the traditional diaper bag.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search