Coming home outfit.

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Super Mommy
Has anyone giving any thoughts to coming home outfits? What did you do with previous little ones? Do you do something fancy, something handed down? TIA

Mom of two TEENAGE girls, 16 and 13.
Triple Negative Breast Cancer Survivor
DX date Nov 20, 2009
Chemo date Jan. 11, 2010
Bilateral mast. March 16, 2010
Exchange tissue expanders September 28, 2010
Expecting the UNEXPECTED but very much wanted little bundle June 28, 2014
I just might be to old for this!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

December 30th, 2013, 08:21 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought DS his "coming home" outfit the day we found out his gender. Despite the outfit (it was a hoodie, onesie, and soft pants) being "newborn" size and DS being born at 40 weeks 3 days, the pants would slide right off his little body. I'm thinking of finding something one-piece for this one and/or possibly making the outfit myself.

It will be early enough in June that I figure I'll need to plan on multiple possible outfits or something that could be layered since it could be really hot, really cool, or somewhere in-between.

December 30th, 2013, 08:31 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I bought DD something nice with my mom when she was visiting. I'm going to knit something gender neutral for Sprog. Need to find yarn for that ...

December 30th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I ended up leaving the cuteonsie I wanted to bring Ry home in at home so he worealittle onsie with blue and white "jail strips" but it was very cute, he took his nb pix in it also... I had a cute onesie picked out for nahnah too.. but he couldnt wear itbecause hehadhhip displaysia and was put in harness we couldnt take off (sorry I meant luke nah nah is lukes nickname lol!) Not sure about this one, since I have no clue whatbaby is!

December 30th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Veteran
DS1 my mom went out and bough him a preemie outfit (he was 6lbs 14oz but wore preemie clothes for a couple weeks)
DS2 I was made aware that my husbands family had a tradition I didn't know about with my first. Almost every baby in the family wore DH's grandfathers baby gown (beautiful white gown) home from the hospital. It's huge and swallowed my 7lb 4oz baby but it was tradition so he wore that with a cute onesie and socks on under it.
With this one I will get some cute socks and a cute onsie and she too will wear the gown home!
Missymoos likes this.

Mommy of two Boys
Expecting Baby Boy #3!!

Angel in Heaven 7/2013
December 30th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a planned home birth with my first and so we didn't exactly have a "coming home outfit," but we still bought him the cutest outfit we could find- for the day after he was born. I'll plan to do the same this time.
moxiemommie and Missymoos like this.

December 30th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Caitlin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want to find a cute beach dress or smock for babygirl. June is hot in NC (or so I've been told).
December 30th, 2013, 09:17 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
A little pink dress My sister is going to sew it, so I'm not sure what it will look like quite yet. But she has awesome tastes, so I'm sure it'll be beautiful!

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
December 30th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Once we know the gender, I'll definitely be picking out something adorable. I'll probably pack two outfits---one in newborn size and one 0-3 months in case baby is big!

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

December 30th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With each kid I've bought an outfit that I just fell in love with and it was their going home outfit.
mrsdaiwa24 likes this.

December 30th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We've never really had much choice...we had to bundle both the girls up crazy since it was so cold June's in VA are a toss up I'm not quite sure how we will dress a spring baby lol
December 30th, 2013, 11:27 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Betsy wore a cute and casual outfit home from the hospital. I'm with Fall though -- Baby Boy will wear an outfit that I just fall in love with, but nothing sentimental or traditional. I'll probably let Betsy pick from a couple of choices so she feels included.
December 30th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Super Mommy
Those sound so precious. I also do their pictures in their outfits too. For boy do they have really "fancy" stuff? With my girls I bought preimee clothes with a lot of lace.

Mom of two TEENAGE girls, 16 and 13.
Triple Negative Breast Cancer Survivor
DX date Nov 20, 2009
Chemo date Jan. 11, 2010
Bilateral mast. March 16, 2010
Exchange tissue expanders September 28, 2010
Expecting the UNEXPECTED but very much wanted little bundle June 28, 2014
I just might be to old for this!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

December 30th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Ava had a cute little Onesie that I had personally made for her, She also had a matching Tutu that I brought to have her first photos in the hospital. She only came home in the Onesie and a hat. It was really hot out (She was a late June baby) and so it was just that and a light blanket.

This baby will have a little button down cardigan style onesie with a bow tie attached, made by another Etsy shop and a hat.

Something like this:

Britt3, Missymoos and TeamMom2008 like this.

Last edited by Demetria; December 30th, 2013 at 02:44 PM.
December 30th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Veteran
Last time I ordered a black onesie from etsy that said I <3 my daddy in army camo. My husband was deployed and missed the birth but picked us up from the hospital. We were on team green so I had a black hat for a boy and a matching bow/headband if it was a girl.

I'll be ordering something cute on etsy again this time!
December 30th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
With the boys, I went the day we found out the gender and picked something from the gently used kids clothing store. I can't remember what Bodhi's was (I think I ended up picking something else before he was born), but with Piggies it was a super cute little bear sleeper that had a hood with ears on it. For this baby, we will probably just pick a simple onesie and find some matching babylegs for it.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

December 30th, 2013, 08:47 PM
alliebeecher's Avatar Veteran
I picked out this adorable yellow onesie with ducks on it, yellow pants with ducks on the feet, and a duck hat. IDK if I'm going to use it when the time comes, my mom keeps saying it looks ridiculous. I just think it's so cute
December 31st, 2013, 06:41 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I had DS1, I don’t remember putting much thought into his coming home outfit…but I’m excited to find something cute and memorable for this little guy

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
December 31st, 2013, 08:39 AM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
We are BIG Packers fans, so they have both come home in something packers. Let me see if I can find pics to share. This little guy will probably come home in the same outfit Alex did. Maybe I will get him pants that actually fit though.

December 31st, 2013, 09:45 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
We haven't given it much thought yet - probably starting looking for ridiculously cute outfits once we know the gender...January 10th - only 10 more days to go

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search