Nameless Baby

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Wish44
  • 1 Post By Demetria

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2013, 11:43 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a feeling our little girl will be nameless until we leave the hospital, lol.. ugh.
I know I have awhile and shouldn't stress, but I feel like I don't have as much time as I think. I'm 18 weeks pregnant and that went in the blink of an eye. I feel like I'll blink again and the other half will be gone.

DH and I are having a bit of an issue because we have different naming styles. I thought we had similar ones because in the beginning, he would throw out choices that were similar to my style. All of a sudden, he's going trendy on me... whereas I tend to prefer more "classic/popular" names. He's throwing out Sydney, Brielle, Brooklyn... and I tend to like names such as Hannah, Emma, Natalie, etc. We're totally conflicting.

I thought it would be easier once we knew the sex. Now I actually find it harder, and we're both shooting down each others choices. I feel like we'll never agree, and my kid is gonna be called "kid" forever. We'll find the perfect one.... right? I hope? haha

Anyone else having name struggles?

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
December 30th, 2013, 11:53 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We did not have a name for DS until quite a few weeks after we knew his gender. DH was more I'd say conservative with his name choices. I thought unusual first and traditional middle name would be the way to go. He also had this thing against names that ended in "er" which surprisingly made it seem like 75% of boys name were instantly no good.

Funny thing that if #2 is a boy, he so far is letting me go with my first choice OlivER with no argument.

You will come up with a name eventually. When it seemed like DS was destined to never have a name DH called me up and told me there was a name on a list that I sent him that he really liked and I was like "What?" because I thought we had gone over every name in the universe by the point. lol

December 30th, 2013, 11:56 AM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel the same way . We were discussing names again last night and got no where. Sigh

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

December 30th, 2013, 12:08 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I know it's easy to say "don't worry", but try not to -- you will end up with the perfect name for your little girl. (And I vote classic and traditional!)

We were all set on our name and then some events transpired that have caused us to seriously reconsider it, so we had to come up with something new. I *think* we may have found it, but we're not 100% yet.
December 30th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You will always worry, until you find it... I never realized how stressful baby naming was until our first. I think hormones make it even worse! I cantremember when we named Ryan... it was after the genderscan, but we had the name by his baby shower which I was about 6mos 3w or 7mos. Luke was born May 7, and we decided his name in feb. So it took a bit. I was afraid they wouldnt have names when they were born too! So after Luke I told Brian we need a boy and girl name that started withZ since its a "unique" letter. We cameup with Zack and Zoey ( since wehave a four letter theme Ryan, Lukeand Zack or Zoey ) We did it that way so I wouldnt stress during the next pregnancy lol

December 30th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think we are pretty much on the same page with girl names. We are down to 2--maybe 3 and set on a middle name. DH wants to name a boy after him, so it can be the III. I'm not thrilled at all about it, but not going to argue until we know the gender. Why even push the subject if it's going to be a girl.

Besides, we had a major battle over his mom being at the hospital (I don't want her there), and I finally won that one. So...I'll keep quiet about the boy name. For now at least.
mrsdaiwa24 and pnutterbutter like this.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

December 30th, 2013, 12:31 PM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I hate all names right now. I've been joking that this baby will actually be named Sprog or we'll just go with Teagan Two.

December 30th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm no help seeing that we didn't pick a name until 36 weeks and she was born 38 weeks lol her name just came to me one day...
December 30th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Super Mommy
Although the time may go by quickly I am sure you will come up with a name before your little princess is here.

I believe it was someone else on this board that gave this idea that I really like: you and DH each make seperate lists with your top 5 or 10 names, then trade them - you may be surprised by each others and may even have some similar names.

I find that when you start throwing names out at each other sometimes proper consideration isn't given to the name.

Good luck!!!

If we're having a boy we are pretty much set for a name, if we have a girl I feel we'll be in a similar position to you...
December 30th, 2013, 01:23 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
Yes... DH and I can never agree on names. This is going to be a hard one.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
December 30th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
This has been the toughest baby to name yet!! Everything I like DH does not. And he picks the most bland names ever. I refuse to name a baby Scott!!
AllyTales likes this.
December 30th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Veteran
My first 2 were named before they were even thoughts (DD is Patience Elizabeth and DS is Michael Jon III). This one has been more difficult. We finally have a boy name (Jude Elliot), but are at a complete loss for a girl. It's not that we can't agree, we actually like the same types of names, but there's just no girl names that seem like "the one". I'm not too worried. If it's a girl, eventually she'll have a name, even if it is after she's born.

December 30th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always said the same with my boys lol. We honestly haven't even thought about names seriously yet. We've thrown out some names but we can't really agree on anything so we've just let it go for now. I *think* we have our girl name but it's not set in stone yet, but I think this is a boy so that's no help . It doesn't seem like there's a lot of time or help, but it will happen!!

December 31st, 2013, 05:02 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
After the baby is born, how long after can you wait to name them? hahah.. because that's what I think will happen No, that would actually feel really strange to me. I know we'll come up with one. And I'm not necessarily in a rush, I know I have time. I just know time flies. And before I know it, it'll be time. I thought once we knew the sex it would be be easier, and it's been harder!

DH was laying in bed last night looking at a baby name site on his phone and throwing suggestions out, but I liked none. I'm glad he's into it, though!!!

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
January 2nd, 2014, 09:12 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
No, but only because we decided early on that he had dibs on the girl's first name and I chose her middle name and I had dibs on the boy's first name and he chose the middle for this one. He has his heart set on Emma for a girl after one of his favorite songs and his enthusiasm was too much. I knew that if it was a girl, she'd be an Emma.

Having a hard time with the boy though. Just remind him that trendy names mean they'll be 3 or 4 of those in all of her classes.

January 2nd, 2014, 10:32 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Poop. The new name that we started kicking around isn't going to stick. Back to the drawing board.

I joke around with my students that we're going to name this baby Bucephalus after Alexander the Great's favorite horse. If we don't come up with a name soon, the kid might actually end up with that as his name!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search