are you looking at summer or spring NB clothes?

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2014, 08:52 AM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 3 angel babies
i'm trying to gauge what i should be looking at.

i live in Minnesota. where you don't usually see summer until Late May - Early/Mid June. since i'm due in mid June, idk if i should be jumping the gun for summer clothes or what.

to put into perspective; last May we had a snow storm that in one night, resulted in 13in of snow. IN MAY! lol.
moxiemommie likes this.

10/06/2008 - Miscarriage @ 6wks
12/08/2009 - Healthy Baby Boy
11/02/2011 - Healthy Baby Boy
06/09/2014 - Stillborn @ 39wks 6days
08/09/2014 - Miscarriage @ 5wks
09/03/2014 - Chemical Pregnancy
January 2nd, 2014, 08:59 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm going for summer-y pieces that I could layer with long pants or a sweater if needed. I won't be buying too much of the "warmer" stuff in NB size though since it will be only a few weeks, if at all, and it will be July where I can bet on it at least being warm if not downright hot.

January 2nd, 2014, 09:08 AM
Super Mommy
I'm in AZ. DS was born 4/24 and everything he had for him was short sleeve onesies and yoga style thin cotton stretchy pants for days and the sleeping gowns at night so I didn't have to cover him in blankets with the air conditioning running all the time.

January 2nd, 2014, 09:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to be optimistic and buy mostly summer stuff. I think the baby leggings are good because they are fairly lightweight and are good with the AC on in the summer. But, I'm sticking with summer clothes for the most part.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

January 2nd, 2014, 09:28 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Here's something else to consider -- depending on the size of the baby, I wouldn't spend a ton of money on NB clothes. They grow out of them so fast! If you're getting the sense the baby is measuring big, I'd spend more on 0-3 months -- and if that's the case, I'd get lightweight onesies but get some little pants and sweatshirts to go with it in case it's cold. Lightweight one piece sleepers are also good.
rachelc0 likes this.
January 2nd, 2014, 09:31 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
It will be HOT in June down here, but thankfully, I am good on NB and 0-3mo clothes from Bailey. Yay! She was born in Sept, which is also hot. Bailey is such a tiny thing that I have all seasons of 0-3 and 3-6 mo, and 6-9mo clothes (B's STILL in mostly 6-9mo with some 9-12m ), so we'll be set for a good while.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 2nd, 2014, 10:22 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Its definitely hot here in May/June. I will be buying 0-3mth short sleeve spring/summer stuff and long sleeve lightweight sleepers for the night time since we run the A/C at night.
January 2nd, 2014, 10:23 AM
Super Mommy
I had been looking at summer stuff...but that's a good point, sometimes summer comes late (normally by June 1st it is crazy hot though).

I do plan on getting some good layering pieces though as the hospital and even our homes can be quite cold for the baby with the a/c.
January 2nd, 2014, 10:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im in CA, but out where we live, it gets very hot, its not too bad in June, but in.july, aug sept, its usually 90-100+ so Ill certainly be looking at onesies, that are short sleeved, but I will honestly keep baby in diapers during summer/ hot days if we are inside.

Last edited by moxiemommie; January 2nd, 2014 at 10:27 AM.
January 2nd, 2014, 11:02 AM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Summer clothing for sure. I am due end of June, so nearly July and it will be hot there already. I am not totally used to the weather there yet as we will be new to the state, but this will be our first time dealing with any humidity and we will not have central air (well, and air really.. gotta figure that one out!!) so I think it will be very hot there at that time.

January 2nd, 2014, 12:57 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
June is usually pretty warm in CO.. May is the last time we see much snow and June is more about rain and the start of fire season. We'll be getting summer clothes with a couple warmer pieces for going out in the evening or rainy days.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

January 2nd, 2014, 01:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I won't be buying summer-summer stuff... but probably lighter, long sleeves and short sleeved onesies that can be worn with light jackets/shirts. Asher is due the first week of June and here in the great state of Washington, it isn't usually super hot (or hot at all really) yet. We don't have A/C (most people don't here)... so if it does get really warm, we will probably just do diapers and onesies inside.
January 2nd, 2014, 01:54 PM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 3 angel babies
i definetly learned my lesson the hardway with those newborn clothes. i bought so many cute outfits for Kale but he was over 10lbs when he was born and hardly wore any of them. and a lot of people warned me against doing that but i thought it was exciting to buy those small overalls and little sweatshirts.

10/06/2008 - Miscarriage @ 6wks
12/08/2009 - Healthy Baby Boy
11/02/2011 - Healthy Baby Boy
06/09/2014 - Stillborn @ 39wks 6days
08/09/2014 - Miscarriage @ 5wks
09/03/2014 - Chemical Pregnancy
January 2nd, 2014, 05:08 PM
alliebeecher's Avatar Veteran
It doesn't matter for me, we live in Southern California and have central air anyway. For when baby leaves the house, it won't get too hot until late July probably.

I don't really know what sizes to buy, I mean who knows how big the baby will be. I guess we'll get a few short sleeve onesies and some pants, but not TOO many.
January 2nd, 2014, 06:16 PM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
It's going to be blazing hot by May. I have tons of summer stuff but I have a few fall spring things for if we go out of town to somewhere cool.

January 3rd, 2014, 04:10 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdaiwa24 View Post
Here's something else to consider -- depending on the size of the baby, I wouldn't spend a ton of money on NB clothes. They grow out of them so fast! If you're getting the sense the baby is measuring big, I'd spend more on 0-3 months -- and if that's the case, I'd get lightweight onesies but get some little pants and sweatshirts to go with it in case it's cold. Lightweight one piece sleepers are also good.
This is always so hard to judge, it's annoying!!
I had a friend have a 9 pound baby that nearly skipped newborn clothes period.
Then I had another friend with a 4 pound preemie and wasn't in 0-3 clothes until she was 7 months old and needed wayyyy more newborn/preemie items. How the heck do you know these things? lol

I'm not getting many clothes, period. I've picked up a few things. And I'm sure I'll get some things at my shower. But I actually think I'll wait until she's born to get the majority of the clothing. I'll get enough to get by, of course, but I'll better know what to get after I see her size and when she comes.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
January 3rd, 2014, 05:31 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
LOL -- and there's something else to consider: head size. Onesies are usually pretty generous with the neck/head opening, but once you start getting into "real" clothes, the openings vary in size. When your child is born with a head that ranks in the 97th percentile (i.e., a great big pumpkin head!), you notice these things super quickly! To this day, Betsy has a big head and she just can't fit her head through certain shirts. LOL -- and don't even get me started on hats! She has a pumpkin head, just like her mom.
January 3rd, 2014, 08:08 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
You also have to factor in how quickly your kids grow (as if you can predict that!). DD was born 7 lbs 6 oz but was only in NB clothes for like a week and a half. If Sprog grows like she did I'll need 9-12 month stuff when it starts to cool off in October. I'm only keeping a handful of remotely warm clothes for 6 months and under. Watch me end up with a peanut this time!

Oh, and if you're new to cloth diapering this time expect to outgrow clothes a bit faster and don't bother buying jeans.

January 3rd, 2014, 10:35 AM
Veteran
Weather here can be weird in June. Sometimes it's 90 and sometimes we are still running the wood stove in the middle of June, so it's hard to predict. I'll probably make sure I have a small assortment of both just to cover my bases.

January 3rd, 2014, 07:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
June here is a toss up I'll be buying things I can layer if needed. But I can't start shopping until I get the gender lol.

Also on the size thing gerber onsies are super small FYI to new mommies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search