Dentist

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2014, 03:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well I finally got to see my dr today after waking up in 10x more pain then all week. After getting approval from my ob they've decided it would be best to do an extraction ASAP. I go in Saturday afternoon I'm super scared as I've never had one while pregnant
January 2nd, 2014, 04:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no!!! Im so sorry *hugs* So are they going to put you under or just numb it up a lot? I actually discovered a rly bad cavity I couldnt see it but it started hurting very slightly, and Im going to have to have it filledor a root canal pending on how bad it is. I also have a few more cavities ( I used to be bad w flossing) and I havent had dental ins in aboout 10 yrs so I havent been... Ive had these cavities a good 3 yrs but have just tried to prevent them from getting worse butnow that we are more able financially,I have to get the bad one done and try to get the little ones filled. But I hope everything goes well on saturday, Im sure it will be ok esp since your ob is aware.

January 2nd, 2014, 04:07 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
In my experience, when you are in that much pain and have the tooth pulled, it is a huge immediate relief. I had a tooth that had cracked when I was younger and I never did anything with it and it ended up infected... they said it was too far gone and it was easiest to pull it. I swear, when they actually pulled it, I felt a huge sigh of relief.

I'm not much help as far as having it done while pregnant.. never had dental work done while I was pregnant.

Hopefully you get some relief after your appointment!! Tooth pain is the absolute worst.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

January 2nd, 2014, 04:16 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had to have a major cavity filled with Nicholas.
This time I need to be put under feb 11 to get this nasty tooth out. It's killing me. Good luck to yoy

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

January 2nd, 2014, 04:36 PM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never had any dental work done while pregnant but have known people that did without any issue. I hope you get some relief soon!

January 2nd, 2014, 04:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Best of luck to you! I hope it goes well and you are feeling better soon!

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

January 2nd, 2014, 08:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had my three remaining wisdom teeth removed while pregnant with Dougie. It went so much better than I thought. I was so nervous and scared. It's actually safe to do 2&3rd trimester. They'll use a local to numb and you'll feel some pressure but alot of your pain goes away so quickly. I hope it goes smoothly for you and your pain goes away with the tooth.

January 3rd, 2014, 05:02 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
Aw boooo! I'm so sorry, I hope you find relief with it!

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
January 3rd, 2014, 06:15 AM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dental work is the WORST (pregnant or not) - hopefully they will get it out and it will feel better....I've been putting off going to the dentist (just for a regular cleaning) for the last year...need to go...don't wanna go!!

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
January 3rd, 2014, 06:41 AM
Super Mommy
I hope it all goes well for you!

I am sure you will feel immediate relief once the tooth is out - and given that your OB approved it, I would try not to worry about the fact that you are having this done while pregnant.

Good luck - let us know how it goes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search