I think Im having a "hormonal anger attack"

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Britt3
  • 4 Post By Social Halfwit

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2014, 02:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just got crazy angry and almost had an outburst on fb. Ive been referring to the baby as a he at home ( and Bri refers to baby as she) but I accidently posted "he" on fb instead of "baby", so my friend questioned it and I explained, but then my MIL posted "yaaaaaaaaa" ( she meant like yeah right) and I seriously almost went off because everyone knowsIm waiting for the gender reveal, which I DO think is selfless since I could find out at the anatomy scan, but Im doing it with everyone since they all begged me not to find out because they all wanna know at the same time. ( Even though its coming out of ME and having a baby freaking hurts, and I feel Im entitled to know first) So Im just really irritated at that comment. Have you guys had issues with that or gotten angry overstupid things... ( well little things???)

January 2nd, 2014, 03:05 PM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
((HUGS)) YES. I had them often in the first trimester, and I still get angry over the smallest things, but it's more rare now. One night I got SO mad at my DP because when I laid on the couch, he didn't offer me a pillow. He had two pillows and was laying on the floor - I had none. That, and the fact that he was watching some dumb show (and was on the second season, and I've never seen it) and instead of asking me what WE wanted to watch, or turning it off, he watched it... and it royally made me mad. LOL. Poor guy always gets my wrath when I'm having hormonal breakdowns.

You're not alone. And it'll pass-- I just don't know when.
moxiemommie likes this.

January 2nd, 2014, 03:13 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
Yes. I let DF have it, all because his sister shared a picture on FB that said "Real women watch football" and I just.... I just can't. I have a serious issue with the whole "Real women blah blah" and then I have an even bigger issue with pro football.

Then she came over and he made me a frozen pizza and she threw a fit and he gave her over half of it even though she was going to Taco Bell afterwards. I WANTED THAT PIZZA. I can't create this baby out of wishes and dreams, I need PIZZA.

I think raging at the in laws are the hardest because you have to walk such a line. I have so many colorful things I wish to say to DF's family but he begs me not to so I have to bite my tongue.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

January 2nd, 2014, 03:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've had quite a few of these. Once my DH called me out on being hormonal. Big mistake....that made me lose it even more!

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

January 2nd, 2014, 03:46 PM
Veteran
I was a hormonal pain in the butt with both of my boys. With this one DH even admitted I have been very pleasant. We'll with one exception, my mom will ask me 10 times what's wrong when I'm nauseous and if I slip and say "my stomach hurts" instead of "I'm nauseous" she goes crazy "hurts?! What kind of pain?! Do you need to go to the hospital?!" I just want to say no you idiot I am gonna throw up and you take everything too literal!!!! Besides that I've not felt too hormonal just nauseous"

Mommy of two Boys
Expecting Baby Boy #3!!

Angel in Heaven 7/2013
January 2nd, 2014, 04:56 PM
alliebeecher's Avatar Veteran
Lol I saw this on FB earlier. MILs, you just can't win with them.

I have had so much hormonal anger while pregnant, it's unbelievable. I'm not usually an angry person. Most of my temper has been focused on my poor (?) stepson, who whether by coincidence or nefarious purpose has been acting like a lazy **** since I announced I was pg.

But then there's my MIL, who I avoid as carefully as possible. But when I HAVE to see her, like on Christmas, I have to bite my tongue so hard it hurts. Every word out of that woman's mouth infuriates me, even if it is just "hello"

Oh and let's not forget MY mother, who has been driving me up the wall with her nagging and concern about my and the baby's health. Of course she means well, but insisting I check my blood pressure THREE TIMES over the course of a dinner at her house is just too much!

Luckily DH has been pretty mindful of not provoking me lately
January 2nd, 2014, 05:20 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Oh, I'm so sorry!!! I have my own share of outbursts. I am pretty good most of the time at breathing through things and talking myself down off the hormonal ledge....but there's a few unfortunate times when all the wrong things line up and I snap; Usually at my poor DH who is nothing but amazing. My three boy pregnancies were a breeze and this one has been much better than with my last girl pregnancy with Bailey. I had zero control over my rages with her. I'm a least a little more balanced with Reagan.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 3rd, 2014, 06:08 AM
Super Mommy
I'm so glad I'm not the only one going through stuff like this.

I am a legal assistant, and every time the lawyers ask me to do stuff lately (well, yesterday morning and this morning) I want to snap. They are not being rude, and it is my job - but I have just been in the most foul mood, lol.
January 3rd, 2014, 08:30 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
NYE I was a mess. Bf pissed me off. His friend pissed me off. I just couldn't deal. Then we were playing monopoly (which is always heated with us) and his friend started yelling at me over a past game so I yelled back, and my bf, who was a little drunk, yelled overdramatically trying to get us to stop. He came over and leaned in to kiss me and I shoved him off and said "do not right now. I cannot have this." Then he got pissy because I shoved off his kiss and told his friend "I know that she's pregnant right now but she'd still be yelling if she weren't pregnant." I lost it. I told them that I know I've been sensitive but I did nothing to warrant two grown *** drunk men yelling at me over a stupid board game and my feelings were really hurt.

After that they both apologized repeatedly. These mood swings are killer but I still stand by they were being a$$hats.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search