Weather check in!

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2014, 06:27 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
How's it been for all of you? I know we have some ladies on the East Coast -- how's the storm?

Here in the Chicago area, it started snowing late New Year's Eve and didn't stop until later afternoon Jan. 2. I haven't seen the measurements, but we just got dumped with a ton of snow. The forecast for next week is bad -- Monday and Tuesday's HIGHS are below zero. We've had such mild, snowless winters the past few years -- I'm not used to this!
January 3rd, 2014, 06:36 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cold, cold, cold. Snow, snow, snow.

It started late new years day and it has been an on/off light snow. I had to venture out for a blood draw yesterday morning and the conditions were not bad at all but there was way less people around the hospital/facilities than I usually see around that time of day.

I don't think we have the 12", 15", or 18" (depending on which report I read) predicted for my area but I'm also not willing to venture out into the snow in order to double check. LOL

January 3rd, 2014, 06:37 AM
Super Mommy
It's extremely cold here - which I know lots of Americans think Canada is all the time, lol - but our weather is often similar to the northern states.

We have had frost bite warnings in effect the past two days, but I think it's supposed to warm up to just below freezing this weekend, which will be nice - as far as winter weather goes, lol.

We have been fortunate in that we haven't had too much snow, our last big snow fall was before Christmas, so the roads aren't horrible.
January 3rd, 2014, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel S View Post
It's extremely cold here - which I know lots of Americans think Canada is all the time, lol - but our weather is often similar to the northern states.
I just had a FB friend post that yesterday, it was colder in Winnipeg (minus 31) than it was on Mars (minus 29) -- now, that's pretty cold!
Britt3 and Mel S like this.
January 3rd, 2014, 06:51 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
Cold!! Snowy. It started snowing on the 1st, and literally just stopped. I believe the latest I looked, we were at 14". And it's -4 now. ickkkk.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
January 3rd, 2014, 07:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We've been getting consistent snowfall since mid November and haven't seen the ground since. It's so cold. The HIGH on Monday is -13. We were going to go to Hawaii in early March, but cancelled the trip when we found out baby was on the way. I didn't think the 10 hour flight would be tolerable in my pregnant state. I'm regretting canceling. I think I need to book a trip to somewhere warm!
Mel S likes this.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

January 3rd, 2014, 08:53 AM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's cold. But we didn't get as much snow as they said. Maybe 6 inches maybe a little more. For some reason were in a state of emergency. Idk when New York became so scared of snow lol

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

January 3rd, 2014, 08:53 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
The snow hasn't stopped!! I'm not sure how much we have received, but I know it's a lot! (Now I need to go google that) The roads are terrible, because the salt doesn't work in this weather - so that's crappy. My car doesn't have heat - so last night after the 40 minute commute, I ran inside my place and held my hands under scolding hot water for a moment. The water was so hot it was steaming, but it felt like cold water. :-/ Thankfully today I was able to take my DP's car to work!

January 3rd, 2014, 09:02 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Sunny with a high of 73. (Gloat)

January 3rd, 2014, 09:03 AM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
We got maybe 6-7 inches but its super cold today. High is only expected to be 16 and that's without the wind chill. Its a pathetic snow fall for a storm they named Hercules and hyped so much! Its even more disappointing because its dry and fluffy and no good for playing.

January 3rd, 2014, 09:04 AM
Super Mommy
You don't really want to know my answer to this, do you?
Britt3 likes this.

January 3rd, 2014, 09:12 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm in northern baltimore and we had about 4 inches but it's all ice with a high in the 20's today. With the windchill I don't know how cold it is. I still had work though, good ol' DC. Thankfully my bf's mother dug out my car, cleared the walkway and helped push me out because she's a saint.

January 3rd, 2014, 11:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's been dry and cold. We're suppose to get some rain or snow this weekend. Our mountains need the snow...we haven't had the normal winter storms.

January 3rd, 2014, 11:21 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
It's sunny and almost 60 degrees.. hopefully the rest of our snow will melt and it will be warm this weekend so DF will take me downtown.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

January 3rd, 2014, 11:27 AM
Veteran
I think we ended up with about 14" so far and are supposed to get more over the next week. It's been in the negative temps for the most part. I hate it!! I told hubs we were moving to southern California cuz I just can't take this anymore.

January 3rd, 2014, 01:06 PM
Veteran
Snow? What's that? Lol...sunny and 50s here in Texas! We have a cold front coming Sunday night that'll bring lows to the teens and highs to the 30s but no snow!
January 3rd, 2014, 01:40 PM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
Update from me: I checked this morning and we got over 1 ft of snow (I couldnt find exact figures yet) and it's in the single digits, will be negative tonight. Right now it's a windchill of -15. BOO!! Also, it's still snowing last I knew.

January 3rd, 2014, 03:59 PM
Halloween81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The weather here has been pretty good. I live in a milder part of Canada which has the same weather as Seattle. Think no snow but lots of rain.
Chemical pregnancy - January 9, 2010
Miscarriage at 10 weeks - April 21, 2010
Miscarriage at 7 weeks - October 22, 2010
Miscarriage at 10 weeks - May 14, 2011
Miscarriage at 17 weeks - December 7, 2011 (My sweet little Joshua had Achondrogenesis type 2)
Miscarriage at 5 weeks - June 5, 2013

All test results normal. Reason for RPL unknown.

Annabel born healthy at 35 weeks - May 22, 2014
January 3rd, 2014, 04:43 PM
They're already mulling around canceling school on Monday -- we'd get an extra day of Winter Break plus......wait for it.....wait for it.....wait for it......

If it's a snow day, they add an extra day on in June.....except my last day will be in May, so bring on the snow days -- I won't be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hooray for snow days!!!!!
bluewren and angelsailor288 like this.
January 3rd, 2014, 05:02 PM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdaiwa24 View Post
They're already mulling around canceling school on Monday -- we'd get an extra day of Winter Break plus......wait for it.....wait for it.....wait for it......

If it's a snow day, they add an extra day on in June.....except my last day will be in May, so bring on the snow days -- I won't be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hooray for snow days!!!!!
That would be pretty sweet.

In our case, I hope the schedule will be back to normal by Monday. They canceled school yesterday and today. While DS is not in school yet, the local playgroup we go to follows the school as far as when it is open, and he has been driving me crazy this week about when we get to go to the playgroup again.

I told him last week that it was closed for winter break and he told me that if the playgroup was broken he should go there and fix it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search