Not used to baby boy things!

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By TeamMom2008
  • 1 Post By Mommy2JH
  • 1 Post By TiggersMommy
  • 1 Post By bluewren

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2014, 05:37 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
For the past almost 4 years, everything has been pink, pink, pink. From the minute we found out that Betsy was going to be a girl until now, it's all been about pink. I love it -- I had pink siggies made for JM, we painted her room pink, and the vast majority of her clothes are pink. Pink, pink, pink!

And now I have to get used to seeing blue. I changed my pregnancy ticker and made it a boy theme and can I tell you how weird it is seeing BLUE? Everything we buy now will be blue (or dark colors). It's so different! And that will just be the tip of the iceberg -- so many things will be different now that this baby is a boy! I hear that diaper changing is a whole new ballgame when you have a little boy.

It's still mind blowing that I'm going to have a daughter AND a son. I still can't believe it!
January 3rd, 2014, 05:50 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Blue is my favorite color so it seemed natural to shop for blue stuff for DS because I always gravitated to that color when shopping for myself anyways.

January 3rd, 2014, 05:54 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
Awwwww

I bet it's so exciting!!!

I'm in the pink pink pink stage! haha.. although I'm actually gravitating towards purple. We were going to start her bedroom this weekend but holding off due to snow, I think. Boooo.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
January 3rd, 2014, 05:58 AM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I found out my second was a boy I had to FORCE myself to wear light blue just to get myself used to the idea of having a boy and having non-pink anything in my life.

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
January 3rd, 2014, 07:51 AM
Caitlin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyTales View Post
Awwwww

I bet it's so exciting!!!

I'm in the pink pink pink stage! haha.. although I'm actually gravitating towards purple. We were going to start her bedroom this weekend but holding off due to snow, I think. Boooo.

We are so alike! I have been wanting a daughter for six years and always craved pink things. However, now I am LOVING purple! Her nursery is going to be purple, teal and grey.
January 3rd, 2014, 08:00 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewren View Post
Blue is my favorite color so it seemed natural to shop for blue stuff for DS because I always gravitated to that color when shopping for myself anyways.
And we are so alike! I love having a son because blue is my favorite color. I am really hoping this is another boy so I don't have to deal with pink. I'm not sure I could handle it.
bluewren likes this.

January 3rd, 2014, 08:17 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I feel like I miss out on all that excitement. I personally hate pink and I despise boy stuff with sports themes. Even with DD I bought mostly gender neutral clothes and did her room in bright gender neutral colors. All her pink stuff came as gifts and of course her favorite colors are purple and pink so that's what she insists upon now. Maybe I'll get a fellow tom boy this time

January 3rd, 2014, 08:31 AM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
I know it will be a weird change for me too. I'm used to bows, dresses, polka dots but now I have to buy blue? I'm very excited though! I saw some cute boy clothes on Black Friday and thought... *sigh* wish I knew what I was having! Haha

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
January 3rd, 2014, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My first son was a weird change too. You'll have alot of fun though!! There is alot of cute boy stuff.

January 3rd, 2014, 10:31 AM
Veteran
On the diaper changing issue- honestly, it's pretty much the same. It's still pee and poop. I actually think my dd peed on me more than my son has.

And yaye for blue.

January 3rd, 2014, 10:39 AM
Veteran
Don't take this wrong but DH and I both laughed our butts off the time DS2 peed all in his own face during a bath when he was a couple weeks old.
TiggersMommy likes this.

Mommy of two Boys
Expecting Baby Boy #3!!

Angel in Heaven 7/2013
January 3rd, 2014, 10:56 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I mildly intimidated by tiny penises.
mrsdaiwa24 likes this.

January 3rd, 2014, 11:47 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm amazed that the only pee incident I had with DS and his firehouse was when he was a bit over a year old and during a change I noticed we were out of diapers. I had already thrown his dirty one in the trash can and I figured since the box was right in the next room, I'd set him down off the changing table and dash to get the box.

I pretty much had my back on him for not even a minute and I turn around not just to see him peeing but spinning in circles while he peed. So he had this whole sprinkler effect going on. It was a mess.
mrsdaiwa24 likes this.

January 3rd, 2014, 03:40 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
hmmmm.....maybe I should get some of my husband's safety goggles in case the "sprinkler" goes off during a change......

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search