sorry if this is tmi !1 =( pains !!

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2014, 01:29 AM
HailandNevansmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
='( I was constipated for like 5 days and started getting pains all thru my ab about 4 hrs ago. I did manage to go earlier and no im still exp a lot of pain that is persistent and wont go away.. I cant evn sleep. it feels lilke its frm gas , has anyone had this type of pain? its scaring me
January 4th, 2014, 04:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If you are constipated, then yeah, it would be painful, esp if its been almost a week. Try prunejuice orcall your dr, maybe he/she can giveyou s safe stool softener or prescribe something that would help.

January 4th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd say pretty normal too, if you are worried I would call the dr and also start stool softness or miralax
January 4th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I know your pain!! This baby does not want me to poop ever.

Talk to your dr and they will most likely give you Colace or the generic version. Drink lots of water and give some prune juice a try. There are also teas like Smooth Move that are supposed to help you get going, but I don't know anything about drinking those while pregnant so I would ask your dr about it.

When I was really constipated and in pain, what helped me was to take a really warm bath and lay on my left side the whole time. Massage your tummy lightly. For me, it at least got the gas moving which provided immense relief. Hopefully you start feeling better soon!!

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

January 4th, 2014, 08:12 AM
Super Mommy
Gas and constipation can certainly cause pain! If you're concerned it doesn't hurt to contact your doctor.

Keep us posted on how it goes.
January 4th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did your OB office give you a list of common problems and meds you could take? Mine says if constipation lasts more than 3 days to take X, Y, or Z. From memory Colace, miralax and Milk of Magnesia (sp?) are on the list. There are others also.
January 4th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Marissa's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa's Mommy
Fiber one bars have also helped me get the ball rolling. I never knew how bad constipation could hurt until this pregnancy. I was also taking Zofran and I think that made it 10 times worse.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature!
January 4th, 2014, 11:04 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Zofran was giving me constipation from hell. I went about 5 days and had similar pain. Water, prune juice, pears, and colace kept me at least from having terrible pain.

January 4th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Super Mommy
Pureed prune baby food. One or two of those bad boys will clean you out for good. I swear I lived off of them the first 13 weeks with this baby. I had horrible constipation and gas pains bad enough to make me cry. So happy that's gone....good luck to you!

January 5th, 2014, 03:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Any update??

January 5th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep, I experience this often. I take Senna S for constipation. It works, probably too well.
January 5th, 2014, 11:35 PM
HailandNevansmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hey ladies .. ty for all yr posts.. the pain went on till 5 am when I finally fell asleep and It turned out to be what I thought.. jus gas and constipation... thank god not srs.

I didn't realize It could be that painful. ty for all ur suggestions.. <3
January 6th, 2014, 08:51 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you are feeling better!

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
January 6th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awww, glad you are feeling better! Yeah its crazy how bad gas/constipation can hurt....

January 6th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
I usually take a nice long hot shower - I sit in the tub with the water needling my back and sometimes rock gently from side to side or back and forth to "break up" the gas and get the poop moving! The relaxing steam and movement works everytime

ps - I found this at the bottom of a website about treatment for constipation, it lists alternatives to laxatives and enemas:

Some of the safer alternatives for managing constipation during pregnancy include -
- Drinking more than 8 glasses of water and other healthy fluids (like coconut water) during the day
- Increasing the amount of fiber-rich foods you eat, which include vegetables, fruits and whole grains
- Getting at least half an hour of exercise every day, as physical activity helps regulate the bowel movements to some extent
- Practicing safe relaxation techniques such as yoga, meditation, aromatherapy, reflexology or deep breathing exercises
- Using a mild stool softener to moisten bowel movements.
- Cutting down on unhealthy practices such as smoking, drinking and the use of recreational drugs.
- Foods that contain refined flour should be strictly avoided. This includes white bread, cakes, cookies, pies, doughnuts, pastries, pasta, white sauce, and so on.

Hahaha - the last one is sooo not an option for me, I need my cakes and cookies!

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)

Last edited by Missymoos; January 6th, 2014 at 12:13 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search